[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy some British Pounds while it's still low and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1427698989462.jpg (96 KB, 550x530) Image search: [Google]
1427698989462.jpg
96 KB, 550x530
Should I buy some British Pounds while it's still low and sell it when it goes back up to make a profit?
>>
No you should wait for it to go up and then buy and sell if it drops to make a loss
>>
Buy stocks that short the GBP.

Buy GBP in beginning of october when it's at its lowest.

Sell both after UK and USA elections are over.

Easy money my friend.
>>
Good buying spot, yes buying right now is scary but yolo that shit is cheap af.
>>
It's going to go down even more soon. just wait a little while longer
>>
>>1349443
>Buy stocks that short the GBP.

What kind of companies or ETFs short the GBP?

I'm actually drawing a blank.
>>
>>1349037
Good luck with that. Brit money is never going back up
>>
>>1351095
Is this anon correct? What would it take for the £ to go back up in value?
>>
>>1351503
Well, you'd have to have a devalued dollar of course and what could cause that?

I think you'd see a significantly devalued dollar if Trump is elected because of the instability the market will foresee, you'll have all the euros and shit that will think America will become isolation oriented.

If you have the invocation of article 50 before november (unlikely) the pound will drop further. So...........this is the only way I'll jump in the forex game

>Aritcle 50, pound drops

>Buy the pound

>US election
>Clinton is elected, w/e business as usual
>Trump is elected
>Dollar drops sharply, find a bottom and then trade back into the dollar and invest ye shekels
>>
>>1351522
I'm not looking to buy pounds, I'm wanting to transfer my existing UK savings to Australia.

The current impression I'm under is that I should do it now and accept that the pound is not going to go back to pre-Brexit levels any time soon. If that's wrong then please enlighten me because I'm shitting myself over this.
>>
>>1351522
If you're that worried about it, I'd do it in the next month or two because when you have the actual invocation of article 50, I hardly see how it won't drop further.
>>
>>1351556
meant for
>>1351533
>>
>>1351556
Okay thanks, I'm leaning towards this option, particularly if that stock market recovery has no bearing on the value of the £. This will mean accepting that I gambled and lost by not transferring my money pre-referendum, accepting that the £ will not go back to pre-referendum levels at least for a very long time, and that I have to cut my losses before it gets even worse.
My 'gamble' will have cost me probably just over AU$2K (to me that's a lot), but if that's the load I have to swallow then so be it.
I still see rumors floating around that Article 50 won't be invoked, I take it that's a load of shit?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.