[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thought my current lease was up this month and I had to move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: R5510.png (3 KB, 466x336) Image search: [Google]
R5510.png
3 KB, 466x336
Thought my current lease was up this month and I had to move out: actually ends next month. The "last month" rent was paid when I moved in 3 years ago. The bad news is that I already gave the new place I'm moving into a deposit of half of first month's rent (a check that hasn't been cashed yet), the lady I'm renting from for the new place doesn't really want to let me only move in for part of the month and prorate, she wants the full month. Haven't signed anything yet.

Obviously seems wasteful to have two apartments at once but the new place is pretty cheap for my area (market has gotten SHITTY past few years), and it's month-to-month. Should I just eat the cost or bail and find a different place?

Pros:
+ could save costs on a moving truck because I could move in gradually over the course of the month
+ less stress
Cons:
- out a couple hundred bucks

Figured you guys give better financial advice than /adv/ would
>>
>>1345807

Tell her to go fuck herself.

A shitty landlord will cost you more money in the long run.
>>
>>1345823
So their inability to be flexible with prorating indicates they will be shitty?
>>
>>1346351
No she isn't the one being shitty you are if you ask her for this favour. You fucked up and now you want to waste her time with the promise of living there when you don't want to yet. She could have gone out and had someone else fill the vacancy. It costs money when no one is there. Your asking her to lose money because you made a mistake.

The other poster has that Bob haircut and always asks to speak with the manager to use expired coupons.
>>
>>1346356

t. asshurt lardlord

>>1346351

anyone with any sense should be able to prorate, yes she is retarded for not wanting to do that
>>
Gotta stress that the housing market here is pretty balls too. Every LL wants ridiculous amounts for 1/4 of what used to be a house and not having a lease is unheard of.

This place is a bit cheaper than the average, and it's month to month. Couldn't I dodge a shit LL in that case by just leaving?
>>
>>1346369
again, you are asking her to take a loss after already telling her that you would pay her money. Not saying it makes her a shit landlord but if your first transaction with someone was them promising you one thing, then saying hey can I pay you half in a way that is disadvantageous for you for literally no benefit - you would probably say no as well.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.