[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Trumpcoin >Lisk >ETH Do any of these have any inherent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: pic_078_clean_790.jpg (118 KB, 790x1010) Image search: [Google]
pic_078_clean_790.jpg
118 KB, 790x1010
>Trumpcoin
>Lisk
>ETH

Do any of these have any inherent value whatsoever?

What can I do with these crypto """""""""""currencies"""""""""" that I can't do with bitcoin (besides shilling on /biz/ in order to pump and dump)?
>>
>>1343604
Stay poor if you can't google
Hint: one of them has value
>>
>>1343604
Does gold have any inherent value?
Everything only has value because people want it and want to pay for it.
>>
>>1343604
You can Make America Great Again with trump coin.
>>
File: zvg-bitcoin-T[1].jpg (94 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
zvg-bitcoin-T[1].jpg
94 KB, 300x300
>>1343604
ETH is the only altcoin even worth considering. All others are PnD's or literal memecoins.

I believe ETH is overpriced currently but there is considerable developer involvement. A lot of vaporware but also some interesting applications. The recent DAO "hack" also brought to light some questions regarding the viability of smart contracts in the real world and the centralization of the network.

It's also worth noting that ETH was designed as "network fuel" and not a store of value, as such there is an unlimited supply of ETH while BTC's total supply will never exceed 21m coins.

You can hedge BTC holdings with ETH in the event of a catastrophic meltdown but I'd still hold majority BTC.
>>
>>1343636

Gold exists in a finite amount on our planet. Also it looks pretty, so it will always have a value as a way to satisfy people's vanity.

But most importantly it has a track record of being the standard world currency for thousands of years.

Memecoins depend on internet access. They have only been around for a few years. They are quite inconvenient and their only upside is the fact that the transactions are more difficult to track.

Not to mention that the moment any coin rises above meme status, it will become a non-trivial threat to the US dollar. Things that threaten the dollar don't live very long.
>>
>>1343660
>
Vitalik has said supply will not be infinite. Currently, inflation is lower than bitcoin's was in the early stages.
>>
>>1344510
[citation needed]
>>
It's common knowledge, I could also say [citation needed] for anything on here. Go use Google now!
>>
if you want a coin with value and functionality, then you're gonna want to look into SC being released today.

siacoin
releasing to the public today sometime sia 1.0

it's like renting out space on your harddrive as encrypted cloud data storage for a fee that the renter can charge of the crypto.

sia.tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2AITSLUBU [Embed]
https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia

buy siacoin SC. it should skyrocket later tonight. (to quote a post i just made about this)

but eth as a longterm project is something to believe in also. all computers and programming languages have "vulnerabilities" and all you can do is use them safely and correctly. this is an actual computer on the blockchain. not just an accounting ledger. a near turing-complete functionality with no servers, crowdsourcing the processing power from miners...

this with allow for (authorized) automated transactions like for charging someone to be in your building or using something you have or when a game is lost or a large number of other real world possibilities if they can ever work out the kinks.

this dao mess will blow over eventually.
>>
>>1344532
No it's not. Vitalik has guaranteed that the issuance rate won't INCREASE, he's made no such guarantees regarding the total supply of ETH. Provide a source or fuck off.
>>
>>1344585
>The chairman of the central Ether bank has promised us!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.