[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Credit Cards and Credit Score
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: credit_cards.jpg (58 KB, 605x351) Image search: [Google]
credit_cards.jpg
58 KB, 605x351
I'm looking at buying my first house and I'm wondering if I should get another credit card before I go the bank looking for a loan.

I currently have only one credit card with a pretty low limit. I got it a few years ago for the sole purpose of building credit. Usually just a couple of small purchases a month, and then I pay it off in full. If I get a second one it will used identically.

I have decent credit but from what I understand, the 'more' credit you have available, the higher your credit score.

What does /biz/ think?
>>
Unless you have 20% to put down on a house you arent ready and cant afford one.
>>
>>1342622
The way you get a loan is by having long term savings and can pay 20% of the deposit upfront
>>
>>1342640
>>1342643
That's not a problem.
>>
>>1342622
Having more credit really only helps if you have high utilization, just getting more credit for the fuck of it doesn't really do anything.
But if there is a card you have your eye on and plan on giving it a lot of usage might as well get it before you get the loan and have a shitload of inquires on credit report
>>
File: 1466731310060.jpg (21 KB, 376x378) Image search: [Google]
1466731310060.jpg
21 KB, 376x378
FHA loan Busta.
Be like 3.33% and shiiiet you feel me?
Get like discount property on a depressed market.
Invoke 201k, and get 30k towards house repairs.

Add 10k for closing costs on top of the 3.33%
>>
>>1342725
Thanks
>>
>>1342758
It's that easy, son?
>>
>>1342622
>falling for the mortgage meme
Just rent until you can afford to retire, then buy a cheap house in the countryside.
>>
>>1342622

Loan officer here.

U can buy 100% financed right now. banks dont give a shit about fico unless ur below like 640. Then it gets iffy.
>>
>>1343207
>you shouldnt buy a house unless you can pay 100% cash for it.

I hope no one ever listens to you
>>
>>1343298
he is mostly right tho
depends on the rates really and the prices
usually buying a home on a loan is financially bad move
>>
Wells Fargo had a new product designed to compete with FHA you might like to check out. It's an overpowered loan and it's going to lead to a bunch of defaults but that isn't your problem.

Buying a house is a good decision as long as you are committed to an area, have the stability, and buy something you can afford.

My house is much much cheaper than renting.
>>
>>1343198
I am finishing up rehab on this now. It's an FHA 301k loan, 109k purchase price and about 80k of work. I got in for 3.5 percent down and even got the seller to pay all closing.
>>
>>1345488
FHA 203k loan, God damnit.
>>
>>1342622
What is your current score idiot?

No if you've got a short history a CC app will hurt more.

CreditKarma.com +/- 20%
>>
>>1345507
I was about 800 when I applied. I'm in the upper 700s now.

I knew the things affecting credit score while I was in college, so I opened a bank account and credit card I never used to get rolling on the account length. I also upped my credit card limits to have more availble.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.