[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Start stockpiling guns and ammo now, particularly .22 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Izaya-Orihara.jpg (531 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
Izaya-Orihara.jpg
531 KB, 1400x933
>Start stockpiling guns and ammo now, particularly .22 and 9mm ammo
>Hillary wins
>Price skyrockets
>Stores selling ammo are bought ought of the two most common types
>Gun prices go up
>Turn around and sell ammo for 1.5 times what you bought it for before the panic over craigslist etc
>Sell guns too at a markup

Why aren't my fellow murricans doing this?
>>
>>1342442
>Hillary goes to prison
>Trump gets bored of politics and goes back to fucking bitches on his money bed
>Gary Johnson wins by default
>starts striking down gun laws left and right
>ammo is more plentiful and unregulated than ever before
How hard would you cry?
>>
>>1342583
i wouldn't shed a single tear. It would be too beautiful of a day.
>>
gunfag here

>>1342442
>Why aren't my fellow murricans doing this?
they are and have been for years, this exact thing happened when obama took office, go to most any gun retailer and there will be limits on how much .22 ammo you can buy because people are hoarding and reselling it

also buying and reselling guns is rarely profitable and is a felony
>>
>>1342627

>because people are hoarding and reselling it

I was paying attention when that was happening. It wasn't until post-election that those restrictions happened and prices went up. Prior to the actual election you could buy as much as you want, same as now. Prices have also crept down since.

Buying firearms for personal use and reselling them privately is not a felony afaik.
>>
>>1342662
>Buying firearms for personal use and reselling them privately is not a felony afaik

This part is dicey. It's true what you stated, however the atf has left the definition of being " in the business of selling guns" totally open to interpretation. Selling a single gun ( and yes the atf has stated one transaction could be enough) could be determined to be a business minded transaction and considered for a felony. You would have to get on their radar, but still.

Now, their are other reasons not to speculate in guns. These trends are hard to predict. No one saw the .22 thing coming, and everyone was boning up for an ar15 apocalypse but when it never happened it resulted in a glut of ARs that are not cheaper than they have ever been.

Also we must consider the possibility that future gun control could make privately selling guns or ammo illegal. I know it seems far fetched but is the holy grail of gun control advocates.

For these reasons and more my stockpiling is limited to personal use. I would add that I have been gunfagging for a long time and even worked at a gun store. I have seen a lot of weird shit become value able or totally shit and it's really hard to predict.

Despite all this is have considered putting a few ARs away for a rainy day. Just too much gainz in the market lately to put money into something so long term.
>>
If you have to report capital gains on your gun sales, its not private sale anymore
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.