[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I need to partake in discussion in my macroeconomics class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: tally31.jpg (117 KB, 808x808) Image search: [Google]
tally31.jpg
117 KB, 808x808
So I need to partake in discussion in my macroeconomics class about raising the minimum wage. Now my stance on this subject is that a raise will lower the value of the dollar, or the inflation, overall, and it would also cause unemployment to rise. Now based on my personal analyzation of the health care industry over the past few years, consumers are opting for easier methods to receive health care, which is the small services offered by stores like Walmart and Walgreen as opposed to offices and private doctors. Consumers want it easy, and companies are taking technological alternatives to labor that is already a reason to lay off workers they don't need to pay in addition to the higher wage they're fighting for. Now from all this I see that our consumers want it easy, and our providers want to make it cheap. If we raise the wage, more will be unemployed and easy things won't be so cheap when the consumer has very little. Now it's a pipe dream to think that the 98% will get there heads out of their asses and understand the concepts of inflation, job and market demand, but I can say on a more realistic level, what we need is a frontier of innovation to create jobs and services that will take these inbred hipster fucks off mother wall-fares left tit and put them somewhere because this cluster fuck of a nation becomes a cyst.

Well before this turned into a soap box I was going to ask if anyone knew any sources talking about the fall in the value of the dollar if minimum wage increased?
>>
> the value of the dollar

I meant the cost of living I guess
>>
File: huskyfeay.jpg (101 KB, 808x808) Image search: [Google]
huskyfeay.jpg
101 KB, 808x808
>>
Well I ended up just talking about why we need innovation before robot mexicans take our yobs
>>
File: min wage.jpg (62 KB, 812x770) Image search: [Google]
min wage.jpg
62 KB, 812x770
>>1342824
minimum wage wont effect the dollar.

it will effect employment
>>
>>1342849

This graph is a good perspective that we haven't learned in class, what exactly are the red and blue lines? my thoughts were just that are to be looked at as "if employment is _ then workers are_" but I'm not entirely sure?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.