[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God-tier entry entry level jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
You read the title, fellow /biz/nizmen, what are some God-tier entry level jobs in terms of benefits, opportunities to move up, and enjoying the actual job itself?
>>
Truck driving. If you're an introvert and love driving, it's a cozy job. Schooling shouldn't take longer than 6-8 weeks. My first trucking job guaranteed me $850/month.

Only downside is companies don't care about the safety of you or other drivers. They only care about profits. If you are falling asleep behind the wheel and want to take a break but that would mean being late for your delivery, too bad. Clean your truck out when you get back to the terminal.

Pay is great for the amount of work you do. I made $51K last year. Just shy of $1K a week.

If you fall for the clickbait articles and believe "self driving" trucks will replace you in 10 years, here's my input.

There's no such thing as self driving trucks currently being created. There are autonomous trucks, but not self driving. Autonomous trucks can't pump their own gas, do pre trip inspections, load and unload trailers, drive in bad weather, etc. GPS technology is still very inaccurate. It will not know where to go once it has arrived at it's destination. It will fuck up driving through cities or construction zones. It's just not there yet.

Believing that this new technology coming out will replace drivers is like believing auto-pilot would have replaced pilots. You can even look at other things like legal point of views. Even 100% autonomous aircraft requires a crew on board according to regulation. Look at the costs. Who's going to buy these new trucks? Even the mega companies that keep their company drivers in brand new trucks every 24-36 months are buying the cheapest models available. They don't even have invertors or APUs, let alone Freightliner's radar technology or any future tech we will be having available to us.

Even then, 90% of the trucking business is made up of owner operators or small businesses with 10 or less trucks. These guys certainly aren't buying the nicest newest trucks.
>>
>>1341867
I was a stocker at Home Depot. $11 starting out+ small bonuses of around $100 every 6 months. Im thinking about moving into construction because I am a workaholic. 40+ hours guaranteed, $11/hr.
>>
private tutoring
>pretty easy to acquire customers (just hang out flyers at schools etc)
>charge ridiculous rates (90min/35€)
>all you have to do is drive to childs and teach them shit about stuff you can learn even with 0 pre-knowledge on like a weekend on khanacademy
>>
>>1342000
one of my track coaches from highschool was this but he moved on to some engineering job. Said Home Depot was mad easy, just wished he could get a better job with a college degree
>>
>>1342000
fuck that
go to amazon warehouse. start you off at $13.50, monthly bonuses a little shy of $100 a month just for not using UPT and a lot of overtime
>>
>>1342163
But I'm black
>>
>>1342720

That's slave work buddy. My Brother has worked there and Target distribution center. Both places treat you like animals. You can't even use the bathroom without asking permission.

He now works at a plant that makes vinyl siding for houses. I worked there for a few months one Summer. I worked in the back where they made accessories and there was 2 people to 1 line. We just took hour long breaks all night. They had free Gatorade, Popsicle, fruit, TV, WiFi, etc. Nobody gave a shit. We got our work done. It paid $13/hour too. 12 hour shifts and people were always giving away their overtime. My Brother still works there and takes home ~$700 a week. And it isn't physically demanding like warehouse jobs either. It's production and you just doing the same shit again and again.
>>
>>1343046
Im planning on moving. Any recommendations for safe / affordable places in the us with jobs like these?
>>
TrumpCoin buy and holder probably

TQcoCJGr5CG8bBDce95iyGBGAYiDvnUccX
>>
>>1341921
Any job that just involves driving around and listening to music all day is pretty fucking GOAT.

I had a pretty sweet truck driving job then we had a change in Government in my country who literally destroyed the sector the business I worked for was in and the company went completely bankrupt.
>>
>>1343239
Sounds like a pump and dump, no thanks.
>>
My comfiest job was at a country club. I would work with a Mexican to set and arrange tables for large member events. When there were golf tournaments, we drank beer for free while working. Made $10.15 plus gratuity, for a 30 hour work week it came to about 500 a week. Also fucked an Okinawan waitress, best job I've had so far.
>>
engineering?
I sit in an air conditioned office 40 hours a week, get paid more than anyone i know, have the best 401k/insurance in town, and design cool shit
>>
>>1345106
>Engineering
>Entry
>>
Government Jobs are king; Canada Post, Municipal Trash Collection, Parks and Rec, City Maintenance.

I have a 15 year IT career in private sector, looking to make the jump to public sector; moderate pay cut but massive boost in benefits, pension, and job security.
>>
tfw shooting the shit at pizza hut as a teenager was much more enjoyable than currently working as a $90K wage slave.
>>
>>1345236
90K? Whats ur title
>>
>>1345253
The swallower
>>
>>1345134
>15 year IT career in private sector

How did you start?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.