[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stocks of people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: glossy-light-bulb.jpg (99 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
glossy-light-bulb.jpg
99 KB, 1280x1024
Someone on /r/Bitcoin posted a while back what it would be like to have personal stocks based on every person. Essentially, people would buy stocks in you if they thought your prospects had improved or would somehow improve in the future. So for example: "anon was just accepted to Harvard!" *buy stock* since Anon's prospects are now vastly improved. Or "anon was just fired" *sell like fuck.* Could also be used as a vehicle to raise capital I guess ...

It's a bit late here so I can't evaluate this idea rationally but it is interested. I recall at the time someone posted that this could incentivize surveillance and turn everyone into a snitch but wouldn't it only be public information anyway? Also, couldn't this service serve as social proof how much a person is worth? People could refuse to do business with those bellow a certain value which is kind of messed up.

/biz/ please make this service and we'll start investing in Chads and shorting betas. What do you say /biz/?
>>
Shit idea, come up with something better
>>
>>1341149
Why is everything from reddit so fucking retarded and autistic?
>>
>>1341149
If you keep saying stupid shit like that, I'm going to short the fuck out of you, OP.
>>
It would make more sense if a person applied to be "stocked off" instead of forcing everyone which is as far from reality as possible. No barrier on who can "invest" however.

>>1341555
>>1341546
>>1341496
Low-energy uncreatives gtfo.
>>
>>1341149
You need a method to connect how well a person does in life with the financial value of an asset. The thing you are thinking of is called giving a loan to a person. Shorting a person's stock would be synonymous with shorting a loan- that is, going to a person who loaned a beta some money and offering to insure that loan so that if the beta becomes unlikely to pay up they can sell the loan to you.
>>
>>1341149
I think they do that with celebrities based on the ups and downs of their careers
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.