[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASX market tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: ResourcesASX.jpg (33 KB, 358x266) Image search: [Google]
ResourcesASX.jpg
33 KB, 358x266
Just transferred $10,000 to my investing portfolio and wanting to invest in some good ASX resources. Any good ones going at the moment/stocks to keep an eye on? My game plan is to invest about 20-30% of portfolio into a stock like ASX:EDE buy in at a low wait a few days/couple of weeks and sell when it's gained 5/10% profit at the bid price.

will be my first time investing so any help/information would be great but I just read the report for eden and it sounds positive.
>>
If you're buying individual stocks make sure you have some variance to your portfolio

But to answer your question
Atm I'm liking basically all the big Australian tech companies
So. Seek, webjet and carsales
On top of medibank will be a good buy if it ever drops down below 2.30 again

The big 4 are all low atm but they have stagnated
>>
>>1340644

also is it true Australians get taxed 50% of whatever profit you make if you hold less than a year or is it the other way around and it's 50% for any stock held more than a year? if it's true what's the processes? does your broker take the tax out of the profit once you sell or do you keep record and you owe it to the government at the end of financial year?
>>
>>1340648
Not quite
You pay cgt at your personal rate based on your before tax income so as a relatively poorfag I pay only 19%
But people making 200k+ would be paying 50% yes.
You get a 50% discount on cgt If you held the security for more than a year
>>
>>1340650
what brings your attention to those listed big tech companies? webjet looks like it's doing pretty well but all of those look like they gain 1-3% within a few months. I have patients but I also only have limited amount of money I would be aiming to be making alot more profit than keeping all my money in that stock waiting for it to go up 3% for a couple of months where as I could invest in a resource and it go up 5-10% within a couple of weeks if I chose the right one. Medibank looks good but 2.3 happened nearly 6 months ago.

I'm looking at GXY at the moment, they're price is at 0.46 and there's a high volume on offer at the moment from my broker, within the last 5 days they had gained a max of 13% but have recently dropped, I feel like if I bought 3000 worth of shares now I could sell those at 0.50 per share and make a easy $260 before brokerage fees
>>
>>1340658
Those are all definitely long term stocks
I don't really day trade so I haven't got much advice for you there.
One stock I do know is posiedon nickel
It's a cheap stock which moves 5-10% every single day so if you are lucky you could make yourself a nice return in a short amount of time
>>
Guess I'll post here since it's ASX related, just watching what's going on after brexit with little actual market knowledge..

HGG sunk 17% on friday and another 15% today.

Worth buying into or wait until it stabilises first? 5 year forecast had them going steadily up until this year and now they are at a 52 week low.
>>
File: Former male prostitute.jpg (86 KB, 712x448) Image search: [Google]
Former male prostitute.jpg
86 KB, 712x448
>When it's too expensive to buy more, but you don't want to sell it
>>
File: 18-pirelli-09.w529.h352.2x.jpg (60 KB, 1058x704) Image search: [Google]
18-pirelli-09.w529.h352.2x.jpg
60 KB, 1058x704
>>1340658
bought GXY on 0.455 and CNJ on 0.023

got the dips
>>
>>1341170
how much you buy, you Australian>
>>
>>1341170
you're up abit, on westpac investment the volume is at 200,000 @ 0.029
with an initial 5k investment you could make a 1.28k profit
have you bought into these stocks before? what's your history with buying dips for these type of companies do you recommend?
also if you where to sell now would your order be complete if you sold at the current bid price even if it exceeded the volume of the buyers?
>>
>>1341170
also what price you planning on selling GXY at?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.