[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Copying a website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: yeahimaslothbitchwhatup.jpg (66 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
yeahimaslothbitchwhatup.jpg
66 KB, 900x900
Is it possible to copy a website from the public source code? Or is there some black box?

I really need a website but don't want to pay someone too much to build one from scratch as I already have high overhead (15k/year just to be licensed not to mention all other traditional costs)
>>
>>1340596
By the way this website has specific features on it that I need. I don't just need a traditional website.
>>
>>1340596
Depends if it's just javascript, html, and css then yes. Otherwise if there is some backend shit going on, or database stuff then no.
>>
If you hired someone, yeah they could totally copy the website from source.

What kind of website are you looking into? You need something stronger than wordpress?
>>
>>1340596
No.

Unless the site is entirely client-side which it 99% is not.
>>
use a sitebuilder that gives a bunch of SEO and marketing bonuses.

my guess is python being good for something like that because that seems to be the language people do the most "scraping" in.

basically, you should sell your business and buy ether.
>>
>>1340609
>>1340603
Cool.

I really only need a website that copies their front page. They have their algorithms and stuff black boxed 100% but those would be easy as fuck to create for my coder if I tell him what the inputs/outputs are.

Anyways this is going to be a pain in the ass... ugh.
>>
Just install Wordpress and pick a nice theme.

Copying websites can bite you in the ass in so many ways.
If you're a competitor he might sue you. Google might give your domain a penalty. Your hoster might ditch your domain.
>>
Ask your coder guy, he should know. Ripping a website is super easy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.