[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noob question: why they didnt made the Pound GOLDBASED before Brexit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1466893108898.png (499 KB, 612x586) Image search: [Google]
1466893108898.png
499 KB, 612x586
noob question:
why they didnt made the Pound GOLDBASED before Brexit?
>>
Because no one actually thought of what would happen after a brexit. Even leave didn't think that 52% of the UK was borderline retarded.
>>
>>1340324
Because as people lost confidence in the pound, they'd redeem it for gold. The Bank of England would quickly run out of gold.

Then they're fucked.

Remember when Nixon took the US off the gold standard because the money printing for 'nam made Fort Knox run out of gold? It's like that.
>>
>>1340334
>even leave didnt think that 52% of the uk was borderline retarded

most of them thought remain would win though?
>>
>>1340852
Even Nigel thought it, he gambled with getting greater benefits from the EU in terms of contracts and policy measures, not that the retards would actually vote for exiting it entirely.

Literally retarded as fuck, not even burgers are so fucking stupid to fuck their own country up.

>"What is the EU?"
>>
>>1340334
>>1341046
What's it like being retarded?
>>
Please don't /biz/ I'm a britbong.

Day one I insulted so leavefags showing how they tanked the pound and they said it would bonce back now it's down even more.

I would not be shocked if by next week the fucking dollar is worth more.
>>
>>1341067
>What's it like being retarded?
it's speaking english as your first language
>>
>>1341073
Don't worry mate. Now that the Welsh can produce steel again there will be jobs for everyone and the pound will skyrocket.
>>
>>1340335
>The Bank of England would quickly run out of gold.
Isn't the point of a gold-based currency that there's always only as much bills in circulation as there is gold backing it up?
>>
>>1341073

We're fucked m8, I'm already looking at plans to leave and turn all my assets into anything but gbp
>>
>>1340324

The gold standard is incompatible with a global economy, there's no way to make it work nowadays.

>>1341098

How would they go about acquiring trillions in gold? There's probably orders of magnitude more wealth in the British economy than there is gold worldwide.

Anyway, goldbugs are retarded, don't take them seriously.
>>
>>1341110
buy high sell low
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.