[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the number one piece of advice you would give to someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: relocation.jpg (83 KB, 1222x814) Image search: [Google]
relocation.jpg
83 KB, 1222x814
What is the number one piece of advice you would give to someone looking to move out of their parents' house to another state?

I have $5,000k in the bank and am looking at moving once I have about $10k.
>>
>>1340179
Location, location, location.
>>
>>1340179
you have $5M?
>>
>>1340179
texas, south , the north service economy will collapse very soon
>>
>>1340179
Are you moving to another state for some girl?
>>
>>1340179

Visit the place first, for at least a couple of days.
>>
>>1340179

You better have a decent job confirmed in the place you're going to, 10k won't get you very far.
>>
Get temporary lodging. then permanent lodging. Unless very familiar with area or real estate in general
>>
>>1340223

I'm moving to North Carolina from New York City because I want to work in the auto racing industry.

Right now I'm looking at places in Mooresville and Concord for about $600-800 a month. I lived in North Carolina when I was in college so I'm already familiar with the place.
>>
- get a job lined up first

- ask a shitload of people where the best place to live in town is. Once you hit a consensus, live there. I lived in a city once, that was a good city, problem was I chose to live in the bad part of town. That really affected my time there.
>>
>>1340476
Google maps street view is great for scoping out neighborhoods. And if you look at enough satellite imagry you can see what the good side of town is from a glance at the satellite picture. (The side of town with more trees and bigger yards is the good side)
>>
I moved from Texas to Virginia with $2,400 in 2013. I found a room for rent on Craigslist while I was at a hotel in Tennessee. I got a job within 2 weeks of getting there through a temp agency. After I got situated, I signed up for a tech school one of my roommates worked for. I started in HVAC but I recently dropped out to pursue trucking school. I have 6 days left before I get hired to a local trucking company. Will be with a trainer for 6-8 weeks before I get my own truck and go solo. Pay is $850 a week or $0.36/mile, whichever is greater.

Unless you're moving somewhere super expensive, you don't need that much money to start a new life. I don't even have a high school diploma.
>>
>>1340179
>>
>>1340213
My electric bill in Texas was ALWAYS like 120-150 a month even in the winter
Literally 20 bucks a month here in Minnesota
And my car insurance coverage is way better and nearly half the price it was in Texas; the girl said Texas has a lot of bullshit charges to the state (apparently Michigan is the worst in that regard but Texas is p bad too)
Everybody speaks English
Weather is better
Get treated better as an employee here than I ever did in Texas
>>
>>1340213
avoid southern texas
it's just a shit hole now
>>
>>1343419
Implying the valley was ever good
At least now there's good HEBs
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.