[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are stocks a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Are stocks a meme?
>>
no?
>>
>millions of people trading
>top companies all engage in stocks
>memes

you're fucking retarded
>>
>>1339311

No but there are meme stocks
>>
>>1339328
>hurrr durrrr everyone is doing it so I must do it too

That the best you can come up with?
>>
>>1339333
Retard.
>>
>is made up money a meme

Yes, quite literally
>>
>>1339311
Only if you pick the wrong stocks nigger
>>
Even if they are, I'm making cold hard cash on my cash so I don't really care.
>>
Think about it

An investor will give money to a brokerage and the brokerage will make money for the investor AS WELL AS themselves. Without actually producing anything real. Where does the profit come from? Magical jewish math memes, that's where
>>
>>1339369
Jack Bogle spotted.
>>
File: 1425671074156.jpg (52 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1425671074156.jpg
52 KB, 800x800
yes, stocks are just gigantic bourgeois meme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictitious_capital
>>
>>1339369
what are dividends for $100 Alex.

>>1339369
Its clear that you are a crooked poorfag. Things like honor or a Man's Word mean nothing to you. I can see how a personal guarantee, could be considered suspect. While a proven track record of deliverables does not ensure even the next deliverable. In the world of business words carry weight. Promises mean payment.
Even thieves and cheats operate bound by these principals. Without it we are but beasts.
>>
>>1339459

not gonna lie senpai I re-read that 3 times and have no idea what your sperging about
>>
>>1339311
no, because you can provide liquidity to comanies, and then potentially profit from it at the same time
>>
>>1339459

>In the world of business words carry weight. Promises mean payment.
No, contract law and regulatory infrastructure do that, you massive faggot.
>>
>>1339459
Try /r9k/
>>
File: Listen to the Voice of Money.jpg (197 KB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
Listen to the Voice of Money.jpg
197 KB, 840x1200
>>1339481
Any exchange Beyond simple barter, is reliant on keeping your word as time passes.

Ultimately it has become the basis of our money.

Doing as you say you will do, fulfilling agreements made ahead of time is critical to business.

If my words make no sense to you it seems you lack key fundamental understandings of the nature of money and of successful men.

https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking/banking-and-money/v/banking-1

https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/interest-tutorial/present-value/v/time-value-of-money

>>1339492
What are laws but words agreeing to a standard of behavior ahead of time. Since the signing of the Magna Carta and the rule of constitutional law we have had this.
but before then tradesmen had only their word.
>>
>>1339506
>but before then tradesmen had only their word
And a big ass sword to punish wrongdoers
>>
>>1339311
yes they're memes
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.