[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE FUTURE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 80510142.jpg (38 KB, 609x406) Image search: [Google]
80510142.jpg
38 KB, 609x406
what's the future ?
im either majoring in software engineering or industrial and automatics engineering (robotics and smart machines)
what's better for the next 50 years?
>>
>>1338281
You are overestimating the value of a degree. Your degree is only meant to be your ticket to an entry-level job, your experience in the field is what will hold you up for the next 50 years.

Go with machine learning.
>>
Industrial.

Most the shit out there sill uses Ladder Logic simple, but you will need an electrical engineering degree.

Highly advanced robotics won't be a thing anytime soon, I don't think industrial robotics will use a physics library in their code.
>>
>>1338281
Of course, I'm being contrarian here, as I see I'm outnumbered, but I think you should opt for the software biz.
I'm assuming, and this is just an assumption, that most robotic firms are looking for the best out there, since they're fucking mad men for even considering to change the world.
A "software" degree as you put it, would leave you open for various entry-level positions, and would also give you the ability for entrepreneurship in the future.
As >>1338335 stated, you're over-valuing the college experience. College is lots of things, but it's not a definitive teaching tool.
>>
>>1338335
>Your degree is only meant to be your ticket to an entry-level job
This is what it's come to.
What's the point even anymore?
>>
>>1338281
>holding a soldering iron like that

boi
>>
>>1339184
For real thought.

Honestly I rather just get an associates degree from my comm college and go into the workforce earlier. It seems more time efficient.
>>
>>1339186
That's a screwdriver.

>>1338281
I'm going with industrial based on Adidas logic. They are building largely automated factories in Germany to be closer to their market and drop transport times and costs. With increasing costs of transport and decreasing costs of domestic manufacturing with modern automation it's a trend I imagine will continue and spread to many other industries.
>>
>>1339187
>For real thought.
>Honestly I rather just get an associates degree from my comm college and go into the workforce earlier. It seems more time efficient.
I'm feeling you.
I think doing that, getting a year or two under your belt irl, then getting them to pay for either in full or in part your degree would be perfect.

Shame I already fucked up and did four years in a Bachelor of Unemployment.
>>
>>1338281

That computer guy kills Han Solo
>>
>>1338281

AUTOMATION
NEURAL NETS
SPACE
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.