[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i started watching while bitcoin was at $200 coming up from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: moontime.jpg (44 KB, 745x705) Image search: [Google]
moontime.jpg
44 KB, 745x705
i started watching while bitcoin was at $200 coming up from the floor, but this isn't a brag thread so I'm willing to admit I started holding at $400. I finally zoomed out for the first time since i started, and holy shit i'm finally on team moon for crypto. yes im shilling, i'm so happy im going to the moon i dont give a shit. after brexit im 50-50 crypto/usd. i say crypto because i got that eth too.

speaking of, people who say eth will never be worth more than btc because of the whole "if they have the same market cap, since there are more eth in circulation eth will be worth less" are idiots. btc is gold: there's only so much of it, it gets mined and people keep it for value. eth is oil: it gets mined but more can very slowly be made, and people need it to run their shit. you people aren't thinking about once we go full dystopian, way past the singularity and literally everything is computers. corporations will be holding on to billions of eth. gold goes from miners to people. eth goes from miners to gas stations to cars and everything that makes your balls warm

now someone argue me out of this so i dont blow half my worth on funny internet money
>>
Ether right now is like oil before the industrial revolution. It's not very valuable and doesn't have much application. Once dApps really take off--when something greater than the DAO comes along--the value of ether will explode. This is why I keep telling you fucks to go all in on ether and not bitcoin. Bitcoin has already reached its critical mass. It won't be worth more than $1500. But ether has the potential to be worth hundreds.
>>
>>1338263
Where do you buy ether?
Why didn't it skyrocket when DAO was funded with 180mil?
Why do you think BTC will cap at $1500?
>>
We need a sticky to a link where you can buy Ether instantly with any kind of currency and debit card.

So far most people don't even know about cryptocurrency, not even /b/ and reddit.
>>
>>1338263
Ether apps?
Why wont I dl something from the net?
>>
>>1338269
you can deposit your bitcoin onto poloniex and buy ether against that btc.

or you can use jaxx/ shapeshift. it's easiest to start with buying bitcoin first and trade it.

i wouldnt wait to buy that ether either because the softfork is now being widely implemented on huge mining pools like dwarfpool and that locking up the money in the thief account seems like it decreases the current supply of eth, while the demand of the revolutionary technology and crypto is ever-increasing

not doing the full hardfork bailout for the dao and just locking up the money instead of returning it, i think will raise the price of eth.
>>
>>1339124
you dont have to download anything. like bitcoin, it cuts out the banking middle man. but now as an addition, it also cuts out the outside-program middle man.

having the transaction and ledger seamlessly integrated with near turing-complete functionality will allow us regular joes to automate all kinds of processes and business transactions. crowdsourcing the processing power and electricity of willing ether miners in exchange for each program paying a certain amount of ethereum as 'gas.'

that security issue that one of the many smart contracts or dapps had shouldnt affect your view too much on this new decentralized world computer (the ethereum virtual machine.)
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.