[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i into economics? Can you reccomend some good books or videos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 8831362.jpg (63 KB, 896x772) Image search: [Google]
8831362.jpg
63 KB, 896x772
How do i into economics? Can you reccomend some good books or videos?
>>
>>1337643
Basic economics by Thomas sowell
>>
>>1337643
>>1337647
http://www.altfeldinc.com/pdfs/BASICECONOMICS.pdf
>>
Such a stupid question.
>>
>>1337643
Why does it matter? You'll probably just read the parts that support whichever political argument you believe and disregard the rest.

Like everyone else on this board.
>>
>>1338057
huh?
>>
Why is this allowed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnLlfPDk04E
>>
>>1337643
Economics is not a science, no matter how much people want to convince you it is. Realizing that you can't and will never be able to consistently prodict the market, is your first step towards being slightly less of a delusional retard.

t. millionair
>>
>>1338059
it's not, it's illegal.
If you're talking about why the show is allowed, then it's probably just put up as "drama" and that they're "not allowed to reveal their sources"
>>
>>1338059
also no surprise he's black.
fucking criminal niggers
>>
>>1337643
Economix. Seriously. Go look it up.
>>
File: McConnell19e12ms_ECON_nm2.jpg (11 KB, 200x235) Image search: [Google]
McConnell19e12ms_ECON_nm2.jpg
11 KB, 200x235
Pic related was what I used in econ 101/102 (micro/macro principles). If you just want to think more economically (opportunity costs, value of your time, etc.) then freakonomics ain't bad. I've never heard of that economix but looks interesting. Source: BS Econ from Texas A&M. But that was like 14 years ago, now I just play around with retirement plans, however a good microecon base knowledge will help you make better decisions.
>>
>>1338096
And I definitely agree with this as far as macro goes. Too many variables.
>>
>>1338155
>Too many variables.

What about inventions like AI coupled with fields like big data?

The usa government currently uses an AI to predict when and where the next major war will break out, why not use it to predict the market?
>>
>>1338159
http://www.scaruffi.com/singular/index.html

;<)
>>
Economics is basically a social science (same level as sociology) that uses graphs and numbers to act like a hard science.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.