[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What self-help book does /biz recommend? https://www.youtub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 35
File: tai lopez.png (788 KB, 859x537) Image search: [Google]
tai lopez.png
788 KB, 859x537
What self-help book does /biz recommend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU1q0iZiS-s
>>
actively avoid self-help books
>>
>>1337085

Why?
>>
>>1337070
don't bother with self help books. If you want to "help" yourself learn and read up about a skill
>>
>>1337088
If you are unironically a Tai Lopez fan you are susceptible to scams, you are better off taking traditional routes into business. Probably some IT course.
>>
For students, cal newport's "how to become a straight-a student" helped a ton. I had the highest GPA in my graduating class (engineering). His website is also helpful.
>>
>>1337070
On war- General Von Klausewitz
The Prince-Nicolas Machiavelli
Edward Bernays-Public relations and Propaganda
Max Weber- The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism
Joel Greenblatt-All books
>>
james altucher - choose yourself
>>
>>1337162
Kek
>>
I need a book called " how to give a fuck and do things"
>>
>>1337118
tai lopez is a great source of information

his emails are anyway, dont like his videos, but his book club and and "book of the day" emails are amazing
>>
>>1337200

HERE IN MY GARAGE
>>
>>1337070
how much did he pay her ?
>>
>>1337070
>self-help book
I recommend you kys
>>
>>1337070
"Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe
>>
File: IMG_1489.jpg (168 KB, 1134x1512) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1489.jpg
168 KB, 1134x1512
>>1337329
If you want fat tits
>>
>>1337070
This video is pathetic.
Model bitch, mentions and shows his Ferrari, 100 Dollar bills as bookmarks, talks bullshit.
>>
>>1337070
GNAAAAAAAAWLEDGE
>>
>>1337375

jelly?
>>
I already know how to become rich and I've started my journey. It's not that hard it just takes a few years of dedication.
>>
if you want self-help go to religion. You need to understand philosophy first and then go read business leaders writings
>>
File: 789.jpg (51 KB, 431x267) Image search: [Google]
789.jpg
51 KB, 431x267
The only way to get rich from a self-help book is to write one.

Avoid all self-help books. It's modern day snake oil.

>fullu ur dreems
>make sur to sey ppls names alot
>never gif up
>imagine ur suces
>>
File: chadthunder.jpg (60 KB, 600x645) Image search: [Google]
chadthunder.jpg
60 KB, 600x645
This guy lost at birth due bones law. With that face he will biologically trigger sexual attraction, that bad bitch on the side is legit dry.

Life is about being a CHAD. While that cuck is away, Chad is barebacking that model girl and shes enjoying it.

Remember kids, you can't buy the most valuable asset possible: God tier genetics.
>>
>>1337831
>you can't buy the most valuable asset possible: God tier genetics

that you know of.
>>
You have to read as much as you can, and take the small bits that resonate with you the most.
>>
"How to Fuck Your Shit Up"

Brendan T. Fraser
>>
>>1337070
>>1337088
If they don't give you actionable advice you might as well be reading fiction.
>>
>>1337831
>you can't buy the most valuable asset possible: God tier genetics

What if you have them already and you ARE Chad but you haven't awoken it?

Plenty of people have "God tier genetics", they just never actually unlock their potential. If you don't actively train hard and reach your potential you'll never know if you're a Chad.

Some scrawny beta 4chan sperg autist posting on /r9k/ MIGHT actually have 10/10 genetics for bodybuilding, but he doesn't know because his shitty body is covered by fat, a shit haircut, bad skin and never going outside
>>
>>1337821
>Avoid all self-help books. It's modern day snake oil.

This.

But to be honest some CAN be useful, but mostly for retards who don't understand basic social dynamics or can't fathom that you need to work fucking hard in order to get ahead of other people or do something different to get different results.

if you want to get ahead in life you can't be doing the same as everyone else, so while people are partying, you need to be training to get that little advantage
>>
>>1337070
This thread is a fucking joke..

No, you won't be able to get dedication from self help books, what you can get is inspiration and motivation, no book is gonna do it for you but there's a lot of great advice out there and in the end it's better to read one book too many than one book too few.

Be open minded without being naive (nuance is dead here on biz so most of you guys won't get it..)
>>
>>1337567
No. I have respect for him, I have respect for everyone who manages to earn money with bullshit like this.

But I have way more respect for people who hustle and give value at the same time.
>>
Read biographies instead. Especially of political and business leaders. If the author is good it will track the beginnings and rise of very powerful people, and you can take from that what is useful.
>>
>>1337070
i hate that faggot and dont even know what he does to be successful
i think he just writes books about how to be successful and becomes successful for selling to idiots that believe his bullshit
>>
>>1337070
I hope so, I'm tired of being a neet. Feels bad man.
>>
>>1337200
You're joking right
>>
>>1337897
People googled what is EU after they voted to leave, the masses are stupid, I think what you suggested is pretty much all he does.
>>
>>1337190
>start eating better
>get some exercise and sunlight everyday
>read about topics you find interesting instead of shitposting
>find and try out hobbies you think you might enjoy after reading about them
>study philosophy and find out where your existential pain comes from and how other people have dealt with it
>smoke a little weed, but not too much
>>
>>1337853
I was astounded to find out that once I cleaned up, straightened out my attitude, gained a little confidence and stopped dressing like a homeless person, women were actually attracted to me. I spent all of college feeling ugly, and well, I was, but not because of genetics.
>>
>>1337932
>People googled what is EU after they voted to leave

What if the people googling it were the ones who voted to remain?
>>
>>1337947
This is true.

Unless you have a literal severe physical deformity you can become 7/10 and very presentable at the very least.

Nice haircut, nice facialhair, exercise, good clothes that fit you, bam you're looking good
>>
>>1337939
I do pretty much all those thing (except smoke weed. I do acid instead).

My life is still never-ending misery.
>>
>>1337939
I can agree with all of those things, except the last two.
>Believe in useless shit
>Spend money on dude weed
>>
>>1337853
dude he's just shitposting stop believing 4chan's lies
>>
File: howtolosefriends.jpg (40 KB, 304x500) Image search: [Google]
howtolosefriends.jpg
40 KB, 304x500
I am sick of people trashing 'all self-help' books as a meme.

What is the alternative? 'other help books?'
Or 'a getting people to help you for nothing' book?
A 'don't help yourself' book? 'how to be a fucking NEET?' 'Poor Dad, Poorer Dad'? 'How to be Socially Awkward and Claim Welfare?' 'The Welfare Slowlane?' 'How To Make $20 a month?' 'you're not OK'? 'Awaken the Lazy Faggot Within?' 'The Power of Negative Thinking?' 'How To Make Excuses & Feel Sorry For Yourself?'

I get some of the criticisms, I get that selling feelgood stuff is an industry, that some is contradictory, that some make a career out of it, etc but so what?

Professors make a career out of repeating the same shit for decades until a new textbook becomes the gospel of that subject (which is outdated by the time of is published, and even more so by the time students graduate)

Musicians play the same back cataloged for years, moat fans don't even want the new shit at concerts, they want the stuff they know they like.

Nobody says that about philosophy in the same tone, even though philosophy is largely theories, lessons learned, thought experiments, etc that is largely non-actionable.

'it's the same old stuff recycled, etc'
All of Shakespeare looks like the same old shit, and he still sells books, people still watch the plays and movies or remake them, etc - nobody complains. I know it's literature but still.
Hamlet is just words in a certain order.

In every form of art, people pay to see somebody give the same or similar lecture, song, concert, talk, story, symphony, etc

Not everybody is confident or comfortable with themselves, therapy takes time and/or money, I have read many books on self-help and still do, and took a lot away from them.

A textbook may tell you the how, but not the WHY. And it is the WHY that drives us
>>
>>1338637
And another thing, many books are hard to define and, yes, borrow, ideas from several subjects or disciplines, which means a lot of books could be viewed as self-help, but also some books get lumped in with that negative view - 'oh, it's another self-help book = disregard' but that does not mean they should be discounted.
Also, it can be a video, speech, presentation, audiobook, etc - some listen better than read.

Some can teach you a little on philosophy, a little on psychology, business, marketing, self-awareness, body language, social dynamics, etc

Just because it is not some subject you can major in at Harvard, doesn't mean it is useless. You can't major in nutrition there either, but it's a helpful subject.

But the self-fulfilling prophecy of thinking you are dumb, uninformed, uncreative, lazy, ugly, you are helpless, it's somebody else's fault, whatever literally does lower your intelligence and helps nobody.

Psychologists unanimously agree that even anger, typically viewed as a negative emotion, is still more useful than despair, which achieves zero results, every single time.
Anger, correctly channeled, can achieve things.
If you are angry about, say, pollution, you're more likely to get things done about it, than someone who doesn’t see the problem, doesn’t care, or thinks the situation is hopeless, they can't help the situation or benefit themselves and/or others, etc

I realized self-sabotage is a negative trait I have, potentially a by-product of my diagnosed ADHD.
I don't take medication for it and never have, I coach myself and installed my PA as a coach.

This method was from a self-help book on ADHD. Authored by someone who suffered from it and interviewed high-functioning ADHD sufferers - CEO's etc and looked at methods they used to manage themselves.
I am way more successful because of info and methods like these.
>>
>>1337898
He does just that. It's a common thing to do - Trump gets his money this very way.

>Establish an image/brand of being successful and rich
>Advertise and project that brand as often as possible
>Offer help and advice to people for their $$
>Enjoy new source of $$
>>
>>1337070
"The only way to get rich from a self-help book is to write one"
>>
File: qa_bored.jpg (54 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
qa_bored.jpg
54 KB, 1200x675
>>1338637
>>1338685
>>
>>1337853
I worked with a guy who was tall, good-looking, fit, smart, funny, stylish, etc and this was partly genetics and maybe luck, I dunno. The guy just seemed like a winner.

Funny thing was, while he was pretty good at putting on a front of confidence, without being a dick, he was very, very insecure, despite many qualifications, lots of pussy, etc. I actually thought I was insecure until I realized, via self-help, I was way more confident than him.

Turns out, while he is not 'stupid', he was capable of incredible stupidity, he had poor impulse control, would overcompensate, and is very disorganized. He was fired within a month.

It is incredible how you can multiply things like focus, confidence and clearer thinking, and build on them, and how even a slight perceptual shift.

If you reply to this, and you claim I am deluded, then your assert that YOUR perception is reality.

If you agree then, that perception is reality, do you not also agree that perceptions can change, and so can be controlled?

So why not...deliberately CHOOSE to perceive - opportunity everywhere, for instance?

Why not consciously choose to perceive yourself acting like a boss, making money, being happy/content/successful, etc?

Which comes first? Doing it? Or visualizing it? When you go for your first job interview, and you are shown around, your pay is discussed, etc
the only reason you show up if offered the job, is because you visualized (perhaps unconsciously) yourself successfully making sales, flipping burgers, or whatever, and making some cash.

Before you even apply for a college course in, say, STEM, you imagined yourself in a lab in a white coat, your name in scientific journals, maybe some patents or a cushy side job on an advisory board or scientific panel.

You didn't visualize getting shit from your boss, or having no funding for research. It's a potential reality, but there is no gain from worrying about it, only learning methods for dealing with a potential setback.
>>
>>1338637
the alternative is here:
>>1337122

Actual books by intellectuals, academics and theorists. It's missing memoirs from great men, but they're solid too.
Reading itself is self-improvement. There's no reason for the genre of diluted, toxic, gratifying trash designed to sell to idiots rather than help them to exist and no one reason for any intelligent person to buy into them.

Stay pleb.
>>
>>1338747
I'll take books from entrepreneurs who hustled from nothing, not politicians and generals and academics.
I'll cut and paste a page of quotes maybe.
Statistics, economics, and mathematics are academic too -
Here's a statistics/economics joke -

Q - What happens when Bill Gates walks into a room full of fifty people?
A - The average net worth of everybody in the room goes up by over a billion dollars!

How does that help me?
It doesn’t, I'd rather read a book from a Millionaire, deca-millionaire, or billionaire, hell, even a guy making a relatively $1K a month doing very little, if I can learn something from it.
I only need one nugget of information, knowledge or a mindset tool to leverage it and compound it, since I have systems in place.

>only books from an accepted epistemology are acceptable
You wouldn't agree that this mindset, in itself, could be considered a 'pleb' mindset?
>no knowledge is useful unless peer-reviewed and approved by hierarchical systems
Really? Consider that most MBA professors teach business without ever having created a startup or even a profitable side hustle.

Would I rather listen to someone with letters after their name, who never left the school system, or someone who hustled despite lack of qualifications or an intellectual mindset?

It upsets many academics that a lot of people are successful without being smart or being self-aware of their own strengths or weaknesses, many succeed despite disadvantages, so why wouldn't a small advantage of a certain perception or developing certain habits, Learning to play to strengths, etc pay off?
It can, and it does.

I don’t think Howard Stern or Michael Flatley could explain economics, or investment principles, but both are rich.
One from dick jokes, one from Irish dancing.
There are countless examples of this.

There's a lesson there, but it's not discussed in academia, whereas it is in self-help 'type' books.

Joel Greenblatt?
>my info marketer is better than yours
>>
>>1337085
this, buying them helps the author and the distributor not you
>>
>>1333333
>>
>>1338685
>Psychologists unanimously agree that even anger, typically viewed as a negative emotion, is still more useful than despair, which achieves zero results, every single time.
I suffer from this.
I have a constant feeling of despair and hopelessness and end up never achieving even the smallest of my goals.

Do you have any advice for people like me?
Any good read/video/material?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1338685

you can major in nutrition senpai
>>
>>1339163
nofap
meditate
>>
>>1339163
Sport.
>>
>>1339163
Read a little Buddhism, just the philosophy, nothing too heavy. Maybe some Taoism. Then a little stoicism.

Reccomend psychology next, Malcolm Gladwell or Kahneman - Thinking Fast & Slow.

Audio or video - Jim Rohn or Less Brown is good for motivation.

Self-hypnosis, meditation, visualization, are all good.

'the strangest secret' is a favorite, you can get it on YouTube.
>>
File: mysoul.jpg (27 KB, 787x601) Image search: [Google]
mysoul.jpg
27 KB, 787x601
>>1337070
Self-help books are absolute bullshit.
Even the "scientific" ones are just fucking bogus science.
Any book about "Willpower" is a fucking joke. They are only popular because they let people slack off and be lazy.

>Source; If you actually study psychology and biology you would know
>>
>>1339274
>>1339280
>>1339306
Thanks a lot. Will definitely research/try them.
>>
>>1337070
i wonder how many lamborghinis this guy owns
>>
>>1337122
As a person who's read some self-help books in the past (even including PUA, fuck that shit with a pogo stick), this post is gold.

I would also add "Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes" by G. Belski & T. Gilovich. It seems like a biz-exclusive book at first but the clarifications inside are almost universally relevant to the Western world. It's also relatively short so not too much of a time-sink.

Also the highly controversial "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene - quite possibly one of the best books I've read in a while. Many claim it's an instruction manual for manipulative sociopaths but if you are truly intelligent enough you would see past that and understand that the "laws" are merely concise principles of efficiency. With hundreds of historical examples as well as fables and quotations by authoritative thinkers, it backs up its statements quite well.
>>
>>1337961

How can you accept your life to be never-ending misery despite your acid use? Don't psychs give you epiphanies and shit?
>>
>>1337200
You can find that information anywhere for free or go to community college and gain a qualification you can put on your resume.

It seems mundane, but every (genuine) rags to riches story starts at the bottom with everyone else, you will make real progress this way as opposed to TL's meme progress. When you know what you are doing you will be looking up practical things like EU regulations on exporting car parts, not TL videos.
>>
Is there any consensus on how Tai Lopez got his money? i'm still confused about that.
>>
>>1337070
3 monute therapy

Also brian tracey because you just need to docus on your shitty habits / behaviors and the goal not all that other new age woowoo fluff
>>
>>1339835
Nihilism and existential angst are epiphanies, theyre just the ones choronzon puts in your head
>>
>>1337334
Gomad is only for skellies you imbecile
>>
>>1340536
i thought he was just acting in his house and there was no way it was his

then i saw him in mark cuban and my mind was blown

what the fuck is tai lopez doing with mark cuban

honestly, i don't even know any more
>>
>>1340902
AFAIK Cuban just appears everywhere he's called.
He probably thought it was a great idea to appear on some guy's show about giving people financial and business advice, and probably didn't do any research on Lopez (I doubt he spends his time on YT or watching memes).
>>
File: business-brilliant.jpg (18 KB, 260x395) Image search: [Google]
business-brilliant.jpg
18 KB, 260x395
>>1337122
This. Also, pic related is pretty legit, despite the shitty cover. Few solid guidelines in there, helpful for business and life in general
>>
>>1337897
>the beginnings and rise of very powerful people
You mean being born rich? :^)
>>
File: 1466843708741-0.png (349 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466843708741-0.png
349 KB, 600x1000
>>1338812
You should try reading something. You've got some weird twisted concept of what books consist of.

>only books from an accepted epistemology are acceptable
I didn't exclude any field of books except for commercial self-help. His list is extremely varied, but as I said, it's missing the memoirs which you described
>I'll take books from entrepreneurs who hustled from nothing

>There's a lesson there, but it's not discussed in academia, whereas it is in self-help 'type' books.
They very much are.

You've got the kind of mindset that will keep you poor. Hope you get well soon.
>>
File: Ride_the_Tiger_Cover.jpg (43 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
Ride_the_Tiger_Cover.jpg
43 KB, 316x475
>>
>>1337853
You cant train skull width, wrist width, ribcage width, height etc

Of course everyone can improve, but you can't become a god tier genetic chad.
>>
>>1337208
KNOWLEDGE
>>
>>1340536

He's pretty vague about it in his videos, but apparently before doing all the self-help shit he started and sold a few successful nightclubs. He invests in various companies (also vague about this) using what I'm assuming is the money he got from selling the nightclubs.
>>
How to win friends and influence people is the best one and the audiobook version is great.

The rest really fucking suck though
>>
>>1337070

who the fuck is tai lopez
>>
>>1337070
I thought the guy in the OP was Brent McKay, never heard of Tai Lopez. Who the hell is he, and what is his scam he runs?
>>
File: Capture.png (189 KB, 366x211) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
189 KB, 366x211
>>1342818
>*Naaawlej
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-28-02-31-46.png (219 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-28-02-31-46.png
219 KB, 540x960
>>1337070
There's this guy on youtube named FightMediocrity that does some pretty amazing animated book reviews most of the books I read have been mostly from this bringing them to my atention.
>>
>>1343435
Second this. They're pretty good videos. I decide what book to actually read based upon the video.
>>
File: 11f.png (667 KB, 518x511) Image search: [Google]
11f.png
667 KB, 518x511
>>1337122
>Read classics
>Go onto Das Kapital and Marx
>Now everywhere I look I see spooks and I feel like I'm being completely exploited at work. (which I am, but I didn't actively think about it before Marx)
>Now I fucking hate my bosses who I notice now always pull sneaky shit to fuck us over and my sychophantic coworkers who don't give a shit that we've been victims of literal wage theft.

I wish I went back to being ignorant.
>>
>>1337070
GNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLEDGE
>>
>>1342590
>Try reading something
I read an average of 5-7 books a week, depending how busy I am.
80% is actionable advice from people who've been there and done that.
>theorists, academics, intellectuals
You excluded many fields and sub-fields within subjects, if somebody with no qualifications achieves a level of success, their success at that venture is what qualifies them, in spite of their intelligence or intellectual level. A biologist is not an expert in SEO or the elements of a well-designed website, for instance.
Expertise is domain specific.

I read a lot of psychology, that's a scientific field, but that was being studied long before here was an established epistemology or framework.

A Buddhist monk 1,000 years ago did not have a scientific journal or university to accredit his teachings, does that mean I should disregard him, or listen, if his work is commended?

I don't know much about Lao Tzu, or what qualifies him, but I know what I like and I like his work.
And he if he had a profitable side business making incense, or alcohol, as many abbeys and monasteries do, I'd want that info too.

Look have you read any Foucault? He wrote about this problem with epistemology of subjects and fields often.

I don’t know Machiavelli's earnings, his profit statements, his balance sheet, so, as an entrepreneur, it's of interest, but less so.

Do I want to kiss ass and play mind games with politicians?
No.

Yes, The Prince was a good book, but I have read ebooks for -$10 written over a month by some yahoo who makes $500 a month doing something relatively easy, which has added thousands in profit because I know how to leverage that.
>dick jokes and Irish dancing are discussed in academia
No citation given?

I don't know what you mean about my mindset. My earnings increase every time I read a couple books, what's your ROI on mental masturbation with PhDs?
>keep me poor.
Nice way to jump to false conclusions.
>>
>>1340536
Some anon said he built & used to own that 'The Art of Manliness' blog and sold it?

I never saw a citation or source though, and haven't seen it discussed anywhere else, I didn't really look much for it though.

If so, that's pretty good, it's in the top 7,000 sites usually.
>>
File: Stirner Pooh.jpg (223 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
Stirner Pooh.jpg
223 KB, 500x509
>>1343555
>spooks
That's a Stirner thing, not Marx.
>>
>>1343607
>but I have read ebooks for -$10 written over a month by some yahoo who makes $500 a month doing something relatively easy, which has added thousands in profit because I know how to leverage that.
Mind sharing those books?
>>
File: 1465585032448.jpg (21 KB, 358x448) Image search: [Google]
1465585032448.jpg
21 KB, 358x448
>>1337200
Fucking hell mate, you're literally making another man rich whose only source of getting rich is making you believe he can get you rich.
>>
>>1343692
LOL, I read one that was basically what some Pajeet basically scraped from a KingHuman video you can watch for free - 'The Broker Bomb' pt I &II.
I wanted it fleshed out a bit with some few visuals, which is what it was. His stuff wasn't great, but sometimes he would explain things really easily and would add some original pics.

- I tend to forget videos, some people are readers and writers, some are listeners and talkers, there's a lesson there too. There is priceless information out there, and 50% of it gets lost because of it's format.

It was like $5, and I got a few others of his for free.
Even if he didn't make money this way, I did, and do. This guy was just a casual fucking around with this, he actually wanted a job and I told him to stop being stupid, just keep doing this, and do it better - go legit, declare tax, incorporate, get all the licensing, permits, etc and go down to the chamber of commerce or what have you.

His ideas were gold, but he was not being serious about it, the positioning and presentation, organization was non-existent.

You can read about a small idea, and take away a big idea, or read about a big idea and take away a smaller idea, but it may give you the leverage you need.
>>
>>1343607
>My earnings increase every time I read a couple books
Please teach me.

Where do I start, and how do I continue from there?

I'm not sarcastic.
The way you seem to be able to extract practical knowledge and leverage it to make money is super interesting to me.
>>
>>1337070
The Bibble
>>
>>1344208
Where do you want to start?
What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Have you taken an IQ or personality test?

'know thyself' is the best place to start.

In the previous post, there is an idea in those two youtube videos I mentioned, which requires only rudimentary understanding.

I think he overselling the learning curve, but at least 80% of people who watch it will not implement it.
It can be implemented right now, but the theory behind it can be leveraged if you have systems in place already.

One guy is being paid to find work, the other to email proposals, and forward completed work.
But why do it as a nobody? Have a professional website, liability insurance, escrow set up, etc
>>
>>1337070

>Here in my rented vehicle, just bought this hired actress
>>
File: AverageCoinerPurchase.jpg (554 KB, 1604x985) Image search: [Google]
AverageCoinerPurchase.jpg
554 KB, 1604x985
You you still can buy while it's below 7 figures a coin.
>>
>>1340536
Lamborghini is funding his YouTube channel, including renting the house and cars, so that he can advertise for them.
>>
File: 18z4vtsbzw7r0jpg.jpg (65 KB, 800x560) Image search: [Google]
18z4vtsbzw7r0jpg.jpg
65 KB, 800x560
>>1343555
You got blue pilled mate. Still ignorant. Read austrian economics, hoppe, hayek (but not the rest of lolbertarian shit), etc. to get the antidote.

>>1343607
>I read an average of 5-7 books a week, depending how busy I am.
Seconding >>1343692 , share some. Not to judge, it's just, if anyone reads often, I trust the taste they've developed and would like to see what you've to recommend.

I've read Foucault. His post-script on industrial control societies is one of the more accurate descriptions of our contemporary stage of capitalism, imo, and I think his histories are useful for anyone to read to see the way in which knowledge can be manipulated and buried.

I'm not a fan of the Prince, actually. Frederick the Great's Anti-Machiavel is a necessary antidote for anyone who abides by it, imo. And Robert Greene's Laws of Power provides a more efficient distillation. What's important is that you need to approach machiavellianism, utilitarianism, positivism, etc. with some critical distance if they'll actually serve you usefully. It's the same with people who read lesswrong, you can't just take the thought experiments and toolkit at face value, or you'll just end up losing, not winning.

>A Buddhist monk 1,000 years ago did not have a scientific journal or university to accredit his teachings, does that mean I should disregard him, or listen, if his work is commended?
No, I highly respect these kinds of texts. Time acts as a natural filter.

>I don't know what you mean about my mindset.
I mean having a dismissive attitude towards academia. It's a corrupt field, as is science, but there's a lot to be gained from separating the trash from the gold.
>>
>Reading books instead of googling the summaries and key points.

It's like yal don't value your time and want to utilize the most about of information quickly.
>>
>>1344385
>Where do you want to start?
From zero.

>What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
What do you mean?

>Have you taken an IQ
Nope. The closest thing I ever did to that was a test my school did to see which field we're the strongest in, so we could choose the best high school (in my country there isn't a generic high-school. Only specialized ones).
Apparently I was the only one in about 50 kids to score "strong" in all fields, and had the highest overall score.
I was 13 and now I'm 22, so I'm not sure it's still relevant.

>or personality test?
Like the Myers Briggs?
I'm INTJ apparently.

>In the previous post, there is an idea in those two youtube videos I mentioned, which requires only rudimentary understanding.
Is this the one you're talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8JVHBfVfI
Seems nice enough, but I think I'll need to be at least somewhat established, with at least a website. At the moment I don't have the budget to even buy the domain.
Is there something I can start for free (I only have a laptop with Internet access) to get the money to invest in things like that?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1337208
MY KNEW LAMBORGHINI
>>
Avoid all "self-help" books.

Read anything on stoicism, nihilism, etc.

Then move onto classics(including modern-ish classics) that pertain to whatever subject you are interested in.

After that you will know where to find whatever specialized knowledge you may need.
>>
https://youtu.be/0GIwTG8V-Ko
>>
>>1345218
That's a lot of books, where would I start? On which subjects? I read many broad subjects. Some may be video content.

I was inspired by a book by Professor Rob Yeung - 'The Extra One Per Cent' where he discusses the concept of stretching into areas outside your domain of expertise.

Are you familiar with a concept Foucault discussed, of the frameworks for studying subjects being changed, in particular, from 'the science of wealth to economics'? I have heard this discussed but I don't know what text this refers to.

Funnily enough, I've only watched one Tai Lopez video ages ago, and I have to agree with it and like it, (I skimmed a few other videos and think he could work more on presentation) - it's called 'how to read a book a day' or 'how to read a book in 10 minutes' or something.
Pretty good.
He may be overstating it, but a book of 10 hours reading time can be cut down to about an hour and then reviewed periodically.
And he makes the point that is often made by academics, but rarely remembered - that if you read it or heard it once, and never re-read or re-listen to it, don't kid yourself that you will remember it all and with total clarity.
You won't.
A good book on this is Use Your Head! By Tony Buzan which is ironically easier to find for free online as a PDF, than it is to buy a physical copy.
Excellent for reading, study, and the mindmap concepts, note taking techniques, etc.

Summaries can be good, and Tai makes the point that a certain size or length is preferred by morpst publishers - 2-300 pages, which can not only leave out useful information, but persuade authors to overstate and overcomplicate their points, when 100 pages or less would do.

For more on the whole self-help thing in general, a kind of humorous, gentle debunk/journalism, with a balanced view and less agenda, a good book is Help! By Oliver Burkeman ,or the talk he does at RSA I think, on youtube.
>>
File: Quote 058.jpg (50 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
Quote 058.jpg
50 KB, 620x800
>>1346044
>from zero
OK. The emails in The Broker Bomb method, as you see in that video you linked, and I think he links the other one or two videos as a response.
They can be sent without any formal structure or setup fees. That costs you nothing but time.

>strengths? Weaknesses?
It can mean whatever you want it to mean. You could frame something as a positive or negative trait, but it may say more about where you are on the spectrum of -

Pessimistic ---- Realistic/Rational--------- Optimistic
>no IQ Test.
OK, it's not essential. Just a good gauge so you don't get arrogant and overestimate yourself or underestimate yourself.

I know I can go deep on subjects because I'm a bit autistic, but there are also huge subjects I am totally useless at - any hard science involving equations, formulas - forget it.
I have no chance.
So it helps to know your limitations and embrace that constraint rather than fight it.
Maths, science, engineering, STEM, coding, programming, advanced investing, speculating, etc even real estate...
I can't get my head around the numbers, that was always a weakness, but I have no problem with that.

I'm more creative, so I can do writing, copywriting, design, logos, artwork, and I was able to leverage that. I can't even do the technical stuff, but I have a vision of how I want things to work and look and what it should say, and also organizational.
I embraced the constraint of my weakness for numbers by focusing on output, hustling, building and selling companies, brands, IP, etc and multiple income streams.

I forget the book, (but it will come to me) - the author stated that 'you can gain more, and get further, from playing to your strengths, than trying to fix your weaknesses.'

>INTJ
OK, that's good, a little over-analytical perhaps? It's always good to retest, by taking these tests on different platforms a couple times a year, to minimize bias.

Why do you need to be established? You need money, so get to work.
>>
>>1346452
Alright, I'll try the emails think and see if someone trusts me enough to do it even if I don't have a website.
Actually I don't even have a personal social media account like Facebook or Twitter, so it's just going to be an email address kek.

Regarding the weaknesses, I tend to be rational most of the time, and have a great work ethic that's inversely proportional to how depressed I am. At this moment, due to things I have no control on, I feel like everything I do is completely pointless and hopeless, so I automatically have zero motivation to do it.
That's definitely my greatest weakness, and I have no idea about how to embrace it and work around it, so for now I'm trying to change this aspect of my personality (by at least trying to be less depressed).

I'm also a non-technical person though (I can delve into the math and inner workings of things, but it's not my strength if that makes sense) and I tend to think creatively (I'm into graphic design and electronic music production, and I often come up with new techniques and original ways of doing things, so I guess I tend to think outside the box a lot).
>>
>>1346072
That's shit advice. I've read plenty of excellent self help books, and plent of excellent philosophy books.
>>
>>1337122
>The Prince-Nicolas Machiavelli

I'm reading this book right now and I have to say that for all the praise I've often heard heaped on it, it is in absolutely no way useful for business.
>>
Can anybody recommend some books on property management, property maintenance and running businesses in general?
>>
>>1346452
>>1346526

>It's always good to retest, by taking these tests on different platforms a couple times a year, to minimize bias

Took it on a few other websites:

The one I previously did it on (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp) gave me INTJ.

This (http://www.personality-tests.info/) gave me ISTJ.

This (http://www.truity.com/personality-test/) Gave me both INTJ and ISTJ.

This (https://www.16personalities.com/) Gave me ISTJ-T.
>>
>>1346591
the MBTI has been widely discreted, stop using it
>>
>>1346623
Oh ok.
I actually only did it today for the first time because yrHPU7Qf asked me. I honestly don't know much about it, and surely won't base my life around it by defining myself over that result lol, but I do think it's a decent way to let a complete stranger have a basic idea about your personality if, like in this case, there is no other reasonably practical way, and its accuracy isn't that important.
>>
>>1346623
>not understanding the idea behind categorization of personality tendencies
>>
>>1343727
What are sales jobs for 500 Alex.

Besides bare bones sales, that's how the rest of the fucking free enterprise system works you clueless faggot.
>>
>>1346591
You know those arent actually based on any empirical science right?

Its the equivalent of astrology
>>
>>1347413
It doesn't matter and I don't care. See >>1346644
>>
Bump from page 10
>>
These are the ones I'm looking to read. Not very /biz/ related, but still good. Already read Models thrice, it's the best book I've ever read. I identify with the author's ideas so hard.

Any additions to the list? Or a book you disagree with?
>>
>>1337122

This nig gets it.

And for babies first actually helpful self help book, I'd add any of the "art of" books by Robert Greene. Breaking down lessons into small chunks makes retention pretty easy and the historical anecdotes he chooses are on point.
>>
>>1349129
If u like models read no more Mr nice guy, the book of Pook and the rational male. That's all you need in that sphere
>>
File: scam.jpg (7 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
scam.jpg
7 KB, 200x252
>>1337070
>Hey I'm Grant Cardone, make sure to buy my book where I tell you you should work hard and chase your dreams, don't forget to also buy my playbook to millions, where I tell you to get on cardoneU, where I tell you to get my next product.
Remember to get up early and KEEP HUSTLING.

Yeah, I've read a couple of self-help books and they're absolute garbage.
>>
>>1338637
>It is the WHY that drives us
Tony Robbins confirmed /biz/raeli
>>
I read a book that helped me frame homework, the gym, approaching women, etc. As practice. I need to practice doing Calc homework, and as I practice the skill it gets easier to do the homework.

More importantly, it helps me not beat myself up too much if a fuck up a social situation or sale. I remind myself that it was great practice.

If you write off all self help books, you're missing out on some gems. Alot of them are shit, but so is most literature. But when you find a self help book that really clicks, you helps you view the world differently.

99% of Books suck. Do some research, find a self help that lies in the 1% and read it.

Tony Robbins - awaken the Giant Within

Terrible title. He's repeatative and tells stories to help you remember his lessons. It changes my life.
>>
>>1338725

Good post.

It's comforting to blame other things for your lack of success. It's non-biz related but I've resolved to stop blaming other factors for my lack of success socially, especially with women. So far, I feel much more at ease.
>>
>>1349129
If I could meet myself 5 years ago, from that list, I would say read -

1) Influence - Cialdini
2) The 4HW
3) The Millionaire fastlane
4) What EveryBODY is Saying
Several times.
For the rest, read summaries for now.
Keep copies of all the above on smartphone.
As with any book, program, method, etc your results may vary.
>>
File: The One Thing 018.png (156 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
The One Thing 018.png
156 KB, 1024x600
>>1346526
OK, you say you're rational, yet you get depressed and see everything you do as pointless and hopeless.

Can you see a disparity or disconnect there?
If you -
1) had goals
2) had a framework or plan for achieving them
3) believed you could achieve them

Why wouldn't you get started?
Which of the above 3 is the weakest link for you?

It seems often the main constraint or roadblock people have is not from their rational, or logical mind, but from subconscious learning of bad habits or a poor mindset. I found visualization and self-hypnosis worked well. Your subconscious is more powerful than your rational, or conscious mind.

Paul McKenna has some good stuff on this, I also liked Paul McGee's stuff. Or Bob Proctor. Darren Hardy too. I liked S.U.M.O. And 'The Compound Effect'

Do you actually have goals? Hopes? Dreams?
- Goals are 'musts' not maybes, they must be completed, they must be S.M.A.R.T. Goals-
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Framed.
Hopes or dreams can be wild, bigger, fantasy level, these don't need to be achieved, they are just something to aim for if goals become easy.

I mentioned that you would 'start with why' (there is a pretty good book of the same title) because it's true - get solid reasons why you want to do X and/or Y. Write them down. You can always revise them later.

Jim Rohn (Tony Robbins mentor) once said 'some people can't do it for themselves, they have to do it for others, they are just wired that way' - that did help me, I guess because nobody else said it quite like that.

Start with 1-5 years, then 10 years, etc Then work back from 1 year to 6/3/1 months, noting steps to take to achieve each level, work back to this week and today.
>>
>>1353066
>Why wouldn't you get started?
>Which of the above 3 is the weakest link for you?
Definitely the third one.

I understand it's not rational, but I honestly can't remember anything good happening to me, and I've never seen any reward for any of my efforts.
Hell, I've even been depressed since as long as I can remember (obviously it was way lighter when I was a kid, but it ended up worsening growing up).
It's hard to imagine it when I don't even know what it feels like.

>Do you actually have goals? Hopes? Dreams?
I do, and also have an actuable plan for a long term goal (2 to 5 years from now), which is reachable by reaching small goals as steps towards the end goal.
I'm having trouble finding the motivation to do the small ones.
I've started to gradually have this problem as my life (and consequently my depression and worries) got worse about year ago. It got progressively harder to make it to the deadlines I set myself (that I didn't miss for over 2 years) to the point where It became impossible to reach them, and now it's 6 months I haven't completed a task.

I know exactly what I need to do, when, and why. I just don't have the strength to bring myself to do it.

>Jim Rohn (Tony Robbins mentor) once said 'some people can't do it for themselves, they have to do it for others, they are just wired that way' - that did help me, I guess because nobody else said it quite like that.
This hits very close to home, as I get tons of drive and work ethic if it's something for someone I care about and it even feels pleasurable to work under those conditions because I can actually looking forward to making them happy. Even if it's just a funny photoshop I spend hours on just for a "heh".
For example, last year I spent 50+ hours making a happy birthday song and it didn't feel like work at all.
Maybe this is the key to fix me.

Anyway, thank you very much for the time you're putting intothese posts. I appreciate it. Will definitely check those suggestions out.
>>
File: fooled.jpg (142 KB, 1518x2339) Image search: [Google]
fooled.jpg
142 KB, 1518x2339
>>1337070

Read this and you won't need any self -help cuckbooks
>>
File: Angry-Frog-Meme-30.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Frog-Meme-30.png
361 KB, 858x725
The problem I have with all these "self help" and "how to get rich" books is that the author's entire "business" is just selling his books. They're not successful business men, they're just successful authors.

So unless the book is telling you how to write a book that people will buy, the book isn't useful because the author isn't an authority on the subject.
>>
>>1349155
This. Really useful at knowing how to deal with people who may have ulterior motives
>>
>>1337200
Honestly man, you're retarded.
>>
>>1346550
it is a treaty on ruling a fucking city state in the renaissance. did you expect it to tell you how to build your own start-up?
read it carefully, extrapolate the bits you think can be universally applied to human behaviour and seriously think about them, deconstruct them, make them your bitch.
>>
>>1345281
it's like you don't value getting information at the source to make up your mind about something instead of relying on regurgitated and possibly misinterpreted and uncomplete information.
it takes time to get good. get over it. the quickest way is sometimes the longest.
>>
>>1352997
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to buy 48 laws as well seeing as it's more of a dictionary rather than a book.

What's your opinion on the intelligent investor?
>>
Atlas Shrugged
>>
File: monitor.jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
monitor.jpg
76 KB, 800x600
>>1355006
>>
>>1354982
I have only read chapters 8 and 20 so far,
And a summary.
Warren Buffett said they are the two most important chapters.

The 'Mr Market' concept is a fundamental takeaway, but you could watch a 5 min youtube video on it too. Just search 'buffett' or 'graham' + 'mr Market concept'.

In fact, there is a video on there called 'everything you ever needed to know about finance in under an hour' presented by Bill Ackman, which is very good, and uses an animation of a lemonade stand to explain everything to keep it simple.

I've watched it three times, since numbers aren't my strong point.
>>
>>1337122
will support the "Public relations and Propaganda" picks
>>
>>1353322
OK, so your weakest link is self belief?
This is basically self-helps raison d'etre.

Adopting a successful mindset often comes before actual success.

It seems that kicking depression should be a priority - if you can be content now, with less, you will have a stronger character by the time you are more successful. Money will not solve issues of being in a negative state constantly. You will just have more money and be depressed.

Isn't 'being more productive' in itself a goal?
If you say you have goals, and a plan for achieving them, where is the 'be more productive' or 'get started' goal?

Shouldn't 'being happier' in itself be a goal?
Or even 'being less depressed'?
Where is the plan for that?

On organization,
I liked 'The Effective Executive' &
'Managing Oneself' by Peter Drucker.
Read the articles or download for free.
I liked 'The 80/20 Principle' by Richard Koch on wasting less time, although many say they got just as much from a summary.
'GTD' by David Allen, or anything on productivity - 'Goals' by Brian Tracy, for instance, are good on this.

For your mood, have you tried prescribed medication, or self-medication? Or supplements? (can recommend weed, if it suits you, or perhaps 5-HTP or L-Theanine)

What do you find yourself doing instead of what you should be doing according to your goals/plan?
Can that be a 'project' or product/service in itself
Are there addictions in your habits?
Porn? Useless web browsing? Movies or TV? Video games? I had all of these problems.

Do you track your habits in any way? How you spend your time? Do you weigh up the time enter versus the 'payoff'?

Also, the company you keep is very important - who you talk with, spend time with, etc - I had to be very ruthless on this.

Can you share a broad outline of 'where you are' versus 'where you want to be?'
Are you currently doing the project you want to do?
Are you employed or self-employed?
Do you have an inventory?
>>
>>1355002
this fäms
>>
File: bizlit.jpg (952 KB, 1345x1550) Image search: [Google]
bizlit.jpg
952 KB, 1345x1550
EDUCATE YOURSELF!
>>
>>1353322
About the 'doing things for others' concept.
I mentioned it because it was instrumental to my success.

OK, so, is doing graphic design, an ambition?
Or creative media?
Or creating art in general?

So, how can your success help others?
Can you involve others as collaborators?
Or help on their projects?
Do you have a portfolio?

FYI, be careful with the 'Happy Birthday' song,
It's copyrighted, and the owners do sue.
>>
>>1357542

>marx

is this a troll pic?
>>
>>1354825
OK, 'The Millionaire Fastlane' does address this very well, but you are throwing together two subjects that are not necessarily related.

A 'self-help' book is not necessarily a 'financial' book. Most of it isn't.
Likewise a 'financial' book is not a self-help book.

Not everybody wants to be rich, or thinks they need help.
Self-development is a whole field of subjects in itself.

>'how to get rich' books
I often see people dismiss certain info as 'get rich quick' schemes, but they rarely give examples of what they mean, and most examples don't fit that description anyway.

There is no field or subject called 'how to get rich' or 'get rich quick', so I would have to judge each work on it's own merits. There are books that make more promises than they keep, sure.

Like I said earlier, if you are giving advice on something you have done, you are an authority.

In your post, you seem to be asserting that you are an authority on 'ALL self-help and 'how to get rich' books'
- you were clearly making a blanket statement, but you didn't qualify your authority by stating whether you have read or applied any such books.

There are many successful people who weren't successful from being an author, but wrote books on how to get rich or be more successful.

One good example I can recommend - 'How To Get Rich' by Felix Dennis. He got rich mostly in publishing magazines and creating content, but not through books and being an author.
>>
>>1337085

Because that's how morons like that lumpy-faced Lopez kid make their pitiful living.
>>
>>1337070

My only guide to life.
>>
>>1357670
Fuck you old lady.

On rapid skill adquisition, try The First 20 hours by Josh Kaufman.
>>
File: 1467339588440.png (411 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1467339588440.png
411 KB, 540x960
>>1343555

The only way to defeat the Marxist mind set is to own property, assets or a business. Shake off the Jewish mind rot.

Remember, Jews used Marxism to rouse the peasant population against the European powers so they themselves could assume power and take the spoils. Look at the Russian civil war. The Jews sparked a revolt agains the Tsar, Russian peasants fought on their behalf and then the Jews assumed all power and wealth using the communist party.

Be wary of the Jew.
>>
>>1337831

Actually being a defective beta is what drives a lot of angry, anguished betas to work diligently to try and succeed.

Being fed success from birth like a Chad makes one complacent.

A lot of billionaires are genetically defective beta and manlets, because they refused to accept their fate.
>>
>>1357466
Adopting a successful mindset often comes before actual success.
I know. I read "Mindsets" by Carol Dweck a couple of months ago for this reason. It's a nice book, but it didn't have any practical effect due to the roadblock that is my underlying depression.

>It seems that kicking depression should be a priority [...]
I know, and I've been trying for years with little to no results. It mostly comes from things I have zero control on (family, health, current life situation, etc). The only thing I managed to do is to stop being worried about things I can change (I now see them more like a checklist than a burden to be depressed about).

>Isn't 'being more productive' in itself a goal? [...]
Productivity isn't an issue I have trouble with, since it's basically just a side-effect of lacking motivation.
When I have motivation, the productivity issues go away.

>For your mood, have you tried prescribed medication, or self-medication? Or supplements? (can recommend weed, if it suits you, or perhaps 5-HTP or L-Theanine).
I can barely afford food, let alone medication or a doctor visit.

(Cont.)
>>
>>1357716
>>1357466
>What do you find yourself doing instead of what you should be doing according to your goals/plan?
>Are there addictions in your habits?
Almost the entirety of my wasted time is spent on 4chan and similar websites that I visit for "5 minutes" that end up being 5 hours.
When I visit them it feels like getting a fix of something I really need, and by doing so I feel some kind of satisfaction, so I guess it's close to a real addiction.
But again, this is directly proportional to my depression, and when I'm in a good mood I don't need this "fix".

>Do you track your habits in any way? How you spend your time? Do you weigh up the time enter versus the 'payoff'?
I did when I used to be productive. My plans started to get progressively harder to follow to the point where I gave up on them because I didn't follow them anyway.
I actually restarted this month, and I'm in my first "transitory" week.

>Also, the company you keep is very important - who you talk with, spend time with, etc - I had to be very ruthless on this.
Besides a friend I email with, some time with my brother, and very little time with my parents, I have no other social life of any kind.
Well... except 4chan.

>Can you share a broad outline of 'where you are' versus 'where you want to be?'
Currently:
"Hikkikomori", poor and unemployed, spend all day on a computer.
Where I want to be:
Middle class or even just having enough money to pay the bills.
Of course my plans are much more ambitious (the sky is the limit they say), but that's my goal for now.

>Are you currently doing the project you want to do?
The first step of my plan (the longest one) involves getting enough skills that I can use for the following steps. I was working on this when I "halted" everything.
I still keep myself updated on the news in the field through my RSS feeds that I keep reading, so I din't forget about it.

>Do you have an inventory?
You mean, of things to sell?
There is no selling involved. At least for now.
>>
>>1357543
>OK, so, is doing graphic design, an ambition?
>Or creative media?
>Or creating art in general?
I only do graphic design as a side thing (it was actually an old hobby) that will come in handy in the future. Not so much now.
My ambition is to work in the music production industry.
I apologise for not telling you much about this "plan", but it's so easy and so many skilled producers could do it (many of them actually do a very similar thing, but not exactly my idea), so I'd rather not say anything in case some are lurking.

>So, how can your success help others?
I don't know... If I get rich I can give them money?
Other than that I can't really think of anything.

>Can you involve others as collaborators?
>Or help on their projects?
Sure, we can make a song together, but I don't know anybody that makes music, so I would first need to get involved with them before "using them" as motivation.

>Do you have a portfolio?
I have a SoundCloud page that I use when I ask for feedback and things like that.

>FYI, be careful with the 'Happy Birthday' song,
>It's copyrighted, and the owners do sue.
Yeah, I know, thank you... I just used the words from it, and everything else (melodies, arrangement, etc) is completely different.
It's not public and I'm not making money from it, so I'm not too worried about that.
>>
>>1337961
Dont smoke weed then.

It sounds like you can't handle it.
>>
Bumping from page 10
>>
>>1343542
>FightMediocrity
Great Idea
>>
>>1337085
Best advice
>>
>>1337070
"Knawledge of the Garaaaage"
>>
Everyone and their mom has heard of Napoleon Hill's 'Think and Grow Rich' but they never talk about the foundation he put all his principles on, Sexual Transmutation (aka NoFap). You get your Dopamine reward system in order THEN you worry about Serotonin and it's confidence THEN you fine-tune it with Adrenaline and it's risk analysis. 3-stage pump.
>>
>>1362483
Think and grow Rich is absolute bullshit. Only things worth knowing in it are
1. Perseverance- the thing all successful people have. Never falter in effort.
2. Hire and honor specialists- you don't need to know everything if you can hire another person to do that job for you. Don't be afraid to delegate tasks
3. Sexual energy's use- nofap
>>
>>1362504

"sexual energy"

Im pretty sure lots of successful businesmen have sex and/or masturbate every day.
>>
>>1362518
Of course. The point is they do it after accomplishing the day's work. In fact studies show successful people have high sex drives.
>>
What are some essential book on economics, business and the markets? I have a craft but know nothing about making it useful.
It's software development, by the way.
>>
>>1338814
Disagree, most sales are due to word of mouth - a friend making a RECOMMENDATION to another friend.

If the book was useless there would be no recommendation, thus it is in the authors interest to make a book that is indeed helpful to make sales.

Its mutually beneficial.
>>
>>1337085
this is stupid. Sure there are tons of stupid self help books, but theres also a lot of hidden treasure out there. My most successful investments came about through reading tons and tons of material about investing written by famous fund managers (the most helpful I think were the books by Peter Lynch, one up on wall street and beating the street). It was literally like experts whispering secrets into your ear.

My advice if you are skeptical about the value of these books is to read from many different sources so that you can get a general consensus on what is actually true and what is bullshit.

Also you guys do realize that in a book store you can flip through/skim the outline of a book and get a pretty good idea if its worthless or not.
>>
>>1362621

So are you saying to not fap in the morning?

I do often feel better when I fap at night rather than the morning.
>>
Napoleon Hill is the Godfather of self-help books.
Then Dale Carnegie.

Any modern self-help is a rebranding of what they've written about but within modern context. Pick a few that resonate with you or sound cool. Tim Ferris' 4 Hour Work Week was a fun 8 hour audio book. He's quite a douche though.
>>
File: 48lawspower.jpg (28 KB, 494x700) Image search: [Google]
48lawspower.jpg
28 KB, 494x700
what do you guys think of 48 laws of power?
>>
>>1363909
Very good for personal use like in office or a corporate job. Backs and explains everything point with examples and quaint side stories
>>
>>1363324
It's more about if you going to fap try to do something useful while doing that. Maybe listen to language learning audio book or porn that is not Olin English
>>
>>1357716
Hey man, I'm back.
Sorry, was busy, major project this week, just finished.

>mindset
OK, I got a little ahead of myself there, yes, I meant the depression has to be nailed first, but a strong 'rich' mindset needs to be adopted. but it can help to get more done with your plans.
What matters is progress, IMHO.
That's it, pure and simple.

If you are making nothing this week, and you start making $200 next week, it's progress.
If you felt no depression 2 out of 5 days this week, and you usually feel some depression every day, that's progress.
You are moving forward.
While making progress, you feel in a 'peak state', or 'flow' state.

>zero control
I don't mean to dismiss your problems, but isn't there almost always some control you can acquire? Nevertheless, it's good to focus on things you believe you can change, but raise the bar quicker, keep the momentum up.

>when I have motivation, the productivity issues go away.

OK, this is where I might seem contradictory, since I am an advocate for self-help.
I think 'motivation' is kind of a myth, in that too often it is misused or misunderstood in some self-help.
The real 'motivation', as I see it, is willpower (also the title of a good book, by Roy Baumeister, and very good, but a summary will do) which is fuelled by your goals, not your goals being fuelled by your motivation or willpower.
If your goal is not attractive enough in itself, why aren't you making progress on it?

If you disagree, what is your interpretation of 'motivation'?

If a hot grill wanted to meet up with you, and you thought she might blow you, would you need motivation, a 15-step plan, or wouldn't that stuff materialize at the same time the opportunity appeared? You already had the goal - the why - in your head - getting blown - and the motivation appeared as if by magic.

So then, the key point in the above scenario would be 'you think she might blow you' = self belief.
>>
File: 43a[1].jpg (76 KB, 570x881) Image search: [Google]
43a[1].jpg
76 KB, 570x881
>>1337831
> enter gym by using my PERFECT 20/20 VISION to perfectly grip the doorknob with my monster HANDS, opening it swiftly and beautifully
> can barely fit my massive FRAME through the door
> immediately every woman in the gym begins to STARE at my amazing FACE and FRAME
> my HEIGHT also makes them wet
> female staff member asks if I need any HELP
> 'is it your first TIME HERE SIR?' she says looking UP at my perfect FACE
> 'does my FRAME look like it is need of any help?
> walk my 6'7" FRAME to the squat rack using my LONG LEGS
> there is a guy there training his "LEGS"
> I guess he missed HEIGHT DAY
> he takes one look at me and LEAVES
> i don't know if it was the HEIGHT, FACE or FRAME that did it. How should I know? I have it ALL
> Do a 225 OVERHEAD PRESS AS A WARMUP
> MIRES FROM ALL
> Keep working up to a 4PL8 OHP, last SET
> get it UP FOR 6
> cheers from EVERYONE
> I gesture to my INCREDIBLE BODY
> "HEIGHT,"
> I place my palms on the top of squat rack
> "FACE,"
> I smile the nicest smile ever
> "FRAME,"
> hoist up two blondes on my SHOULDERS
> "WHAT CAN I SAY, ITS ALWAYS MY DAY"
> leave the gym with 2 BLONDES HANGING OFF MY ARMS
> PEOPLE ARE ROARING WITH PRAISE
> GENETICS are LITERALLY EVERYTHING
> EVERYTHING
>>
>>1357716
>I can barely afford food, let alone medication or a doctor visit.
Where are you at? No social healthcare?

The mood-enhancing supplements I recommended are like $10 or so for a couple months supply.
What is your depression costing you?
It costs thousands of people their own life, every year. At the very least, it directly affects your output, your quality of life, and even your creativity and IQ. Being depressed literally makes you dumber, which creates a vicious circle of increasingly poor judgment, bad decisions, and more depression, and so on.

>can't afford food
Can you expand on that? Is your family poor?

>>1357718
>4chan
Yeah, in the past was addicted to shitposting on /b/, porn, TV, vidya. Some can put it away when it's gametime, some can't. I couldn't.
Some can have a beer or two and chill,
some have to drink until they pass out.
So many have to decide to never drink again.
It's a weakness for them.
It's not fair, but it is what it is.
Life isn't fair. Deal with it.
Just quit that shit.

Embrace constraints. What do I mean? I mean you can install porn blockers, habit trackers that limit your time, etc

A cool app for this is 'Beeminder' or similar.
I had to trash my laptop (literally) and take a hiatus from it all, 3 trashed laptops later I went book to offline books, libraries, audiobooks, and public Internet cafes. After being banned from a couple for still looking at porn, I finally changed habits.
There's a reason I work in coffee shops and such a lot, it's because I do more work if others are watching.

But yes, like you said, I found I would browse and shitpost like you, mostly when I was frustrated about my situation. It's just misdirection and projection. You, like me, are probably more frustrated at yourself for not fixing things you can fix, rather than actual outside influences.
I had a problem with the whole world, until I started honestly assessing myself.
>>
>>1357718

I forget to mention, I got rid of my TV, fiction books, vidya games, everything.

>My plans started to get progressively harder to follow to the point where I gave up on them because I didn't follow them anyway.

This is a bit confusing to me. Do you mean you didn't follow through to the point that following your goals became a habit?

A habit is just an action repeated until it becomes automatic, subconscious, action.
It only takes 66 days for a conscious action to become an unconscious habit.

Did you notice any patterns when you did make progress or stay on track with goals?
Was it your environment? Other people?

>I have no other social life
Well, there are various schools of thought on this, some say getting a mentor is good, joining a group, etc but I don't believe it got me much further, I'm pretty introverted and I don’t know what you get from talking to more sheep when adopting a wolf's mentality pays off more.
Honestly, I feel I get more truth from anons anyway. In a funny way, /b/ did inspire me in a way and helped me get me head right only because they are harsh critics and will tell you shit many people will think but not say to your face.
But then you progress to /adv/ and self-improvement.
You could do worse than /biz/ and /fit/, for instance.
You only need to take away actionable advice from any source, that works.

But never post a 'feels' thread or any of that bullshit.
Fuck. That. Shit.
Feeling sorry for yourself or looking for sympathy is a disease, and once you learn to not tolerate it from yourself, you won't tolerate it from others.

Your brother, your parents?
If they are positive and supportive, then good, if not, you may have to limit your time with them if they are 'toxic' - if they are depressed or anxious - guess what? It's depressing and anxiety inducing to be around them. It will rub off on you.

>poor and unemployed
That needs to change. Now. Either get working on a job, a career (self-employed) or a business.
>>
>>1337085
Books that give clearly explained and robust advice are fine. E.g. A Random Walk Down Wall Street.

Avoid erudite, deliberately vague "inspirational" books, or ones that are heavy with analogy and metaphor but make no real links to the contemporary world. 28 Laws of Power for example is a contradictory mess that only makes sense post-hoc, like reading your horoscope. Or The Richest Man in Babylon, which offers some over simplistic advice divorced from a modern context.
>>
>>1337569
Glad those kneepads are proving a good investment.
>>
>>1338685
For somebody with adhd you sure have a talent for writing extended passages of dull shit.
>>
>>1357718
>middle class, money to pay bills.
What does middle class mean to you?
>spend all day on the computer
So why not work online? Either as a freelancer (self employed) or an actual online job? (employed) Then you can work while you keep 4chan in another tab, lol.

>my plans are much more ambitious
Good, very good. They have to be.
'most people don't fail because they aim high and miss, they fail because they aim low, and hit.'
- Les Brown (I love any of his speeches,
by the way)

God-tier book on this - 'The Magic of Thinking Big' - quite old, so easy to find free online.

>getting enough skills
Is there someone with those skills you can collaborate on a joint venture with?

>things to sell?
Yes, one of the main things I see holding people back, when trying to start a business venture ture or self-employed 'income stream' of any kind, is hat they don't start creating or selling soon enough.
Who is the end user? The client? The customer?
It doesn't cost you anything to have an inventory,
Literally products or services you are selling, advertising, or marketing.

>there is no selling involved.
Senpai, there is always selling involved, in life.
You 'sell' yourself as a potential mate, as a job prospect, as a dealmaker, etc - you are selling your skillet, but it's not exclusive to the previous point, you can have multiple sales.
>>
>>1343555
Why would a firing squad bother to fix their bayonets?
>>
>>1337085
Poorfag detected.
>>
>>1346368
>use your head

Holy fuck, I have this in my bookshelf. Thanks for informing my next reading material.
>>
>>1365082
>*skillet
>Skillset.

>>1357721
>graphic design
>side thing
Well design, since you are NEET, I would be selling any skills in my Skillset, and it then becomes even easier to do 'The Broker Bomb' - you get some work done on projects, focus on your main core skills, partner with another freelancer to do the work you can't - you can now sell complete 'packages' - for instance, you get a client who wants flyers or album artwork done, you remix a track or edit some music, whatever, you show them your production skills. Boom! They just got a bonus. You overdelivered.

If you are not bothered about the design stuff, why are you not listing your skills, a price list = inventory in this case.

>helping others
Sorry, that was more like 'food for thought' and something you can weave into your plans, rather than an enquiry. The answer is for you, not me.
I got pretty good at copywriting, then realized I was always good at it, I just wasn't promoting it and showing my work. I did it properly, and just offered free work to others at first, then realized I can help others I know and meet with their projects, I can help them sell themselves, I learned more about business, marketing, sales, etc. As I learned more, I had more answers, and my opinion became valuable.
This led to consulting, joint venture deals, exclusivity contracts, etc I started to see how each time I help position someone, they, in turn, help position me (see Laws of Power - Robert Greene - rule #1 - I gave others credit first, I helped them shine, because your own testimonial is worthless)

>I have a soundcloud page
OK, that's gold, but if you have even 20 good reviews, you should already be selling your services or products. Produce an album for nothing - you are now in the sleeve notes of an album.
Next time, you want money, even if it's barely minimum wage.
What's the difference between someone who wants to be a music producer, and one who IS a music producer?

The music producer produces music.
>>
>>1357721
On that note, Dr Dre said in an interview - 'I would have to make music, even I was a plumber or something, and couldn't sell my music, I would have to do it anyway.'

You're producing music, I take it, and you've made some progress there, but how am I supposed to support you if I like what you're doing?

You want real critique?
You get real critique, and real reviews, once you start asking people to buy your shit or pay you, or even sponsor you, invest in you, whatever.

There was a line in a Malcolm Gladwell chapter/article, where he asks a successful businessman (who also pitches his own products on home shopping channels, and achieved record breaking results - Ron Popiel) why is he so good at what he does -
Ron replied 'because I know how to ask for the MONEY...and that's the secret to this whole damn business.'
Many people have a Skillset, but won't ask for the money, or ask for the business.
They wonder why they end up in a job where their added value gets lost in smoke and mirrors.
Because if you are employed and not fully selling your skills, someone else is capitlaizing on some of those skills.

You rarely get the one-in-a-million Justin Bieber story of success - plucked from obscurity - but even then, Justin still had to 'sell' - he put videos on YouTube of him singing cover versions - he had to practice, groom himself, edit it a bit, etc

>freelancer sites, social medial LinkedIn, etc set up profiles
How do people hire you otherwise?
>Patreon, crowdfunding, set up profiles, appeals
How do people support you otherwise?
>amazon, eBay, CDBaby - list products
How do I buy your stuff otherwise?
>business opportunities ads, etc CraigsList, etc
How do people collaborate with you otherwise?
Wouldn't simply working with musicians, producers, artists, anyone, raise you out of your funk? Get some momentum?

The gap between where you are and where you want to be, is called 'frustration'; the only cure for frustration is action.
>>
File: ances[1].jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ances[1].jpg
55 KB, 800x600
The art of war (free pdf, just google it)
fm_21-76_us_army_survival_manual
(army survival guide, just google it for free pdf)
any random college statistics text book(different authors and different pictures, should all have the same info tho, so your choice)
Legend of bagger vance (only book i had to read when i spent a week in a mental hospital, it changed my life, probably wont change yours, amazing read if you like to golf (or play any solo sport, bowling, disc golf(me) ectera...)
Plato's republic
Cicero's "De finibus bonorum et malorum", "De Divinatione" and "De Officiis"
Ben Franklin autobiagraphy
Differential Equation and Mathematical Biology

and maybe 1001 arabian nights, The time machine, The canterbury tales, Aesop's Fables, Iliad/Odyssey for light bedtime reading

remember, every good story has already been told, the only thing that changes is characters and settings

pic unrelated, its a male bee's genetic family tree (fibonachi's lineage)
>>
>>1346368
>>1365114
LOL, cheers.
This is from the book - to illustrated what I meant about how much people think they retain, versus how much they actually retain.

The dropoff is fast, which is one reason why, over time, I realized that even a half-assed meme book is worth something - the quicker you read, the quicker you get to the information that is useful to you, so you can review it and use it.

Good info on speed reading and processing things faster in that book too.
>>
>>1364903
>did not backflip into a Maserati
3/10

>>1365072
You expected somebody with ADHD to write, what? Short passages?
Or long passages of exciting shit?

My main talent is copywriting,
My most lucrative work is no longer than a sentence or paragraph, and is 'short and intriguing',
But... one of the rules of copywriting, is that is no 'right length' - both short and long copy works. The right length is the number of words it takes to persuade a prospect.

Since cognitive psychology and behavioral change are massive subjects, and not especially exciting or sexy, yes, some will be dull.
If I aimed to make it all sexy and exciting, this would take a lot longer....

'to inform, use less words and simplify, to make money, use more words and complicate'
- this is a common critique of many self-help books; that one concept is made more complex and endless anecdotes are used to pad out the teachings, and string the audience along (see Jack Canfield or Stephen Covey - the first guy is good for storytelling, the second guy is better in summaries)

I was writing mainly for the people asking for more,
Feel free to notice you both negatively critiqued my writing, yet took my reading suggestion based on an earlier post (Tony Buzan)

>>1365114

I also long ago realized that since writing is what proved the most lucrative for me, I continue to write, no matter what - to stay disciplined, and it is easier to write to someone rather than to myself.
I write to consolidate my thoughts and approach ideas from a new angle, not to score points. I also cut and paste this stuff for myself.
>>
>>1365082
>What does middle class mean to you?
Being able to live without worrying about the bottom two levels of Maslow's pyramid (pic related).

>So why not work online? [...]
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do.

>Is there someone with those skills you can collaborate on a joint venture with?
Yes, there's plenty of producers I can contact, but I'd rather wait a few months or even years, and do it by myself so I don't have to split the earnings (which could very well be minuscule) or worry about them doing the idea without me.

>>1365082
>Yes, one of the main things I see holding people back, when trying to start a business venture ture or self-employed 'income stream' of any kind, is hat they don't start creating or selling soon enough.
>Who is the end user? The client? The customer?
>It doesn't cost you anything to have an inventory,
>Literally products or services you are selling, advertising, or marketing.
>Senpai, there is always selling involved, in life.
>You 'sell' yourself as a potential mate, as a job prospect, as a dealmaker, etc - you are selling your skillet, but it's not exclusive to the previous point, you can have multiple sales.
If you're talking about selling services and digital products, then sure, but I'm currently not at the step I need to be to start selling.
Though, I was thinking about making a blog about my niche to get a mailing list to advertise to in the future.
Other than that, there's not much I can do now with this at this moment.
I'm open to start something new and unrelated though.
>>
>>1365131
>Well design, since you are NEET, I would be selling any skills in my Skillset, and it then becomes even easier to do 'The Broker Bomb' - you get some work done on projects, focus on your main core skills, partner with another freelancer to do the work you can't - you can now sell complete 'packages' - for instance, you get a client who wants flyers or album artwork done, you remix a track or edit some music, whatever, you show them your production skills. Boom! They just got a bonus. You overdelivered.
>If you are not bothered about the design stuff, why are you not listing your skills, a price list = inventory in this case.
I've actually thought about doing this before, but to start hustling in /gd/ I would still need to get significantly better at it, so I'd have to decide if it makes sense to go down that road and invest the time in those skills (and end up in an oversaturated field with tons of people more talented than me work for free), or to invest the time into other ventures.
I still have some tutorials on my computer, so the possibility is still open.

>OK, that's gold, but if you have even 20 good reviews, you should already be selling your services or products. Produce an album for nothing - you are now in the sleeve notes of an album.
>Next time, you want money, even if it's barely minimum wage.
Before I stopped with everything, I used to make songs to practice and get better. I still need some more training before I can actually put it out there, because frankly it's still not at that level.
Also I would need some money first for some decent listening equipment, since right now I do everything on cheap earbuds, and it's not really a problem until I start making music for the public (in the meantime I can focus about learning techniques and getting better at everything but sounding "clean" or professional).
>>
>>1365189
>You're producing music, I take it, and you've made some progress there, but how am I supposed to support you if I like what you're doing?
>You want real critique?
>You get real critique, and real reviews, once you start asking people to buy your shit or pay you, or even sponsor you, invest in you, whatever.
I know, but I can only do that once my product isn't sub-par anymore.
Once I can say my material is on par with what is being sold, I can start thinking about selling it.

>There was a line in a Malcolm Gladwell chapter/article [...]
Completely agree, and that's what I plan to do. I'm still at an "apprentice" level and can't really think about doing it professionally without having professional-level skills (or at least close to that).

There are so many ways I could hustly my work out there, but they're all based on the foundation that are my skills. Without those I'd just be an amateur making a fool of himself.

I'm trying to work on this part, but I also need a side thing that would help me finance my long-term goals, so I'm looking to do something simple that pays even below minimum wage that can be done online. The Broker Bomb system you suggested fits in this description and I'm currently gathering info on things like that to try and apply it in a way that works for me. I hope it works, otherwise I would need to find another "get minimum wage quick scheme" lol.
>>
>>1365532
>>1365535
>>1365538

>Maslow
Gotcha, ok.
Your head seems screwed on pretty well, and you seem to have goals and plans for the mid-long term.

So...you say you're looking to work online, but not yet comfortable doing anything professional, or don't have the equipment, funds, etc yet. OK, cool.

(I think you overestimate the average skill level of many freelancers currently pimping themselves on freelance gig sites. Many of them are selling basic services - some projects are just data entry, cut & paste, etc - I got paid for adding tags to porntube clips once, shit was so cash - $1 per title and tags. Was earning $100 a day for watching porn, kek. I'm just saying, don't think about skill level too much if you just wanna get paid, there are plenty of people who just need tasks done and don't really care who does it or how they do it)

Anyway, I digress -
>I'm looking to do something simple that pays even below minimum wage that can be done online.

Ok, so, in the meantime, let's focus on that - to stop being a NEET and get a regular, job-type-job online.
I suppose if you're stuck in a rut, just doing any work that earns an income is a start - it can give you some routine and some guaranteed cashflow, and it can raise your self-esteem by having someone give you feedback.

I would heavily recommend this resource -
RatRaceRebellion.com
It's legit home-based work, for legit companies.
The jobs are screened.
And most are actual jobs not just projects or 'gigs'.
Some involve the phone, some use IM or email, some use certain software.
I have yet to see a better resource, except maybe FlexJobs.com, but you have to pay to use that site, which is a bit cheeky IMHO.
>>
>>1366731
Alright Anon, thank you so much foryour help. I really appreciate it.

I'm archiving this thread with ChanThreadWatch for future reference, and will definitely check your suggestions out and will try to be less doubtful about what I can do.

Thanks again for your help.
>>
> Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco.

Go read this book.
>>
>>1366731
If you're still here, I would like to ask you another thing if you don't mind.

In an older post you said:
>Also, the company you keep is very important - who you talk with, spend time with, etc - I had to be very ruthless on this.
Can you please expand on that?
What in your opinion should be a reason to "unfriend" someone?
Some exceptions, or some other things you may have done instead of cutting them off?

Thanks in advance.
>>
First off I'm a huge fan of sell help books. I believe they can channel your inner businessman that you may not know you have. Having said that I have 40 employees. 1% of them have pretty good goals and ambition. But they limit themselves with excuses. I tell them to read books by Brian Tracy but they don't want to read. They can excel so much but they choose not to read. They're negativity and constant excuses limit their full potential.
>>
THE FOUNTAINHEAD

THE FOUNTAINHEAD

>>1368425
>0.4 employees have good goals and ambitions
>>
>>1367925
I have a couple video clips that are perfect for this.

Desu, I could honestly write a book on this shit, I could go on for 20 full posts and still have content,
If I were to go into greentext anecdotes...

Because of my low self-esteem, etc for much of my life, I was too needy, would be friends with anyone, just because, to have friends, but I never really assessed myself or asserted myself, and give in to peer pressure or get bullied, etc.

It took me years to realize they were just fuckups, and their negative attitude would rub off on me, their stupidity would literally lower my IQ, their dumb choices and poor impulse control would get me into crazy situations, most were just assholes really, and even if they wish you well, most don't wish you that well. If they think it's funny when you trip over or fuck up somehow?
Believe me, that's just the tip of the iceberg, it's not just a personality quirk, they probably fantasize about worse. Most ended up betraying me, or costing me money, jobs, etc

Look, IMHO, and from everything I've read, get rid of toxic relationships. Life is too short. Have standards or just be another sheep. I realized I had to be a wolf. I would rather have no friends than those I could not trust 100%.

Get rid of 'emotional vampires' - you don’t need to know the arguable different subtleties of the alleged 16 personalities or 37 archetypes or whatever, just that there are two main types of people -
1) Those who GIVE you energy, and
2) those that TAKE energy from you.
Sorry if that is too spiritual or woo-woo,
But it comes down to that for me.
I realized I was actually friends with people who would make me nervous or anxious or stressed.

You don't need that shit in your life.
After spending time with them, how do you feel?

Are they the jealous or insecure type?
They will hold you back, count on it.
If they are not self-assured, they will sabotage tour consciously or unconsciously.
>>
>>1346550
I thought the part near the end where he talks about how to cultivate yourself into a military leader when it's not in your nature was pretty interesting. Not really useful for business but it sure got me thinking about how I would defend my palatial family estate (I mean who doesn't have one of those) from an invasion.
>>
>>1367925
>>1368840
I spent time with time wasters, and time wasters will waste your time as well as theirs.
I even wasted other people's time.

The video clips I promised -
50 cent -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGS6G9nu3_c

I like the whole talk, but at 5:35sec he talks about the company you keep, basically says in 30 secs what some speakers would take an hour to say.

Also, This Dan Pena Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y8Akej4PrU
From 2:20secs
>>
>>1337070
How to Win Friends and Influnce people helped me a lot.
>>
>>1368840
>>1368914
I agree with allt his, thank you for your input Anon.

Just a stupid question:
I don't know this Dan Pena, so I have a doubt...
When he said he sleeps 2 hours a day, was he serious or it was just a hyperbole?
>>
>>1369194
Hi,
Yeah, he was quoting Micheal Milken at hae start of that clip, they could have edited that intro better.
Dan says he needs more sleep than that.
His point there really was about productivity.

I believe success is personal, so for me, being successful is about being able to sleep in when I want and not have an alarm wake me up.
I also pick and choose my times to go deep on something and when to tune out and recharge.

I have to catch those 'peak states' or 'flow' when I can and ride them out, or I will stagnate though.
So I believe what he says about going for 2-3 days straight, sometimes you need to stretch yourself on a project, and I have had those weeks were sleep seems optional.
>>
Johny Cosmo's "Introduction to Kneepads"
>>
>>1365043
>28 Laws of Power for example is a contradictory mess that only makes sense post-hoc, like reading your horoscope

Patently untrue. If you're complaining about contradictions then you clearly misunderstood what the book is about.

The 48 laws of power is one of the few 'self-help' books that I'd actually recommend. Not directly related to /biz/ though.
>>
>>1346885
big5 is a more valid valid model

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits
>>
>>1337334
gomad and starting strength is two separate things. one is a shitty dietary advice for skeletals the other is a training program that gets you started fast in weightlifting.
>>
>>1371434
Ah, I see, thank you.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.