[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck is the point in saving? isn't interest just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image_0.png (699 KB, 661x688) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
699 KB, 661x688
what the fuck is the point in saving?
isn't interest just a premium that other people pay you for being and idiot and leaving your money untouched during the time you're healthy, young etc?
>>
up to a certain degree you are right

and then you are old, unemployed and need to rely on food stamps
>>
>>1336993
too cutie
>>
>>1336993
To invest, you should save.
>>
>>1336993
i agree.. saving is a loser's game

real winners use kneepads
>>
You know there are too schools of economics the savings camp (austrians) and the anti-savings camp ( keynsians)
Keynsins are liberals so you know which one is right.
The explanation is simple, all the factories and capital equipment come from savings, only by reducing consumption can you free up capital and labor to produce more capital and increase your production, and thus the concept of capitalism.
here's an example:
If you were stranded on an island, the only way you can increase your productivity, as the only labor on the island, is by saving.
You reduce your consumption of fish so you can use your time to build a net, so you take a risk of starving to death if the investment doesn't work but if you can build the net you will be able to catch and consume 10 times as much fish.
And so the net is capital, when you increase your consumption cuz you're a keynsian the net or the capital equipment is used until it disintegrates causing a recession, the reason you need to save is to use the excess production or profit to free up more labor and equipment to replace the net.
>>
>>1336993
How old is that girl?
>>
>>1336993
Fortunately i earn enough to live a rich, full life - while still being able to save.

I plan to die with 0 net worth.
>>
>>1336993

The thing is that aging starts eating your productivity after a certain point and once you are closing to retirement age you typically don't have the luxury to choose between working less in order to make up for it in the future, since you are unable to work more in the near future. Hence it's better to spend less, save and invest while you are young and let that compound interest do it's magic so you can afford those blowjobs in the age where people don't offer for free anymore.
>>
>>1337154
I'd also add that in these times, aging can decrease your perceived productivity as well. Depending on your field, even a little grey hair is enough to consider you too expensive for your contribution and will result in a layoff.

Subsequent job searches will be tougher and you'll need that savings to fall back on.

I can't believe that I'm having to explain why saving is important on a business forum...
>>
>>1337185
>Depending on your field, even a little grey hair is enough to consider you too expensive for your contribution and will result in a layoff.
One day in the subway I was sitting and there was a man with gray hair in front of me standing with his back towards me and I called him and offered him my place. He turned around and thanked me and refused the seat.

I was so embarassed when I saw that it wasn't an elderly man, but actually just a 50 year old guy with gry hair coming back from his work. Man he must have felt so bad and so did I.

Just made me think...
>>
>>1337187
Really makes you think
>>
File: WellThoughtOutPlan.jpg (526 KB, 2465x795) Image search: [Google]
WellThoughtOutPlan.jpg
526 KB, 2465x795
>>1336993
>save
>you now have capital

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>1337266
thank god, i thought for sec only liberals were on this board
>>
>>1336993
Partly to have something to live off of when you retired
Also to have an emergency fund just in case
>>
>>1336993

No one says you can't spend a little. Just don't be the estimated 1 in 5 college grads that spent their loan money on a spring break trip every year to some nice place

You need to start growing a nest egg so that you don't have to wake up every morning at 7 when you're 50 because you have a boss that's expecting you at 9. You also need an emergency fund so that if something short term fucked up happens you're not having to make minimum payments on credit cards that are going to rack up a fuck ton of interest
>>
>>1337078
>>I plan to die with 0 net worth.
I don't know if that is incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid.
>>
>>1337187
>>1337240

Graylets, when will they learn?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.