[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ I'm 20 years old and I am absolutely horrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1466387218706.jpg (206 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1466387218706.jpg
206 KB, 1024x768
Hey /biz/ I'm 20 years old and I am absolutely horrible with money. I'll be moving out soon and I cannot deny my own retardation when it comes to spending money. I come from a upper middle class family and everyday I spend at least $50 on take out which I don't pay for myself and even when I could go and save some of the money by going to the supermarket and buying some meat that I can store and only spend $15 tops for roughly 2 days of food... I don't. I know many of you would now agree that I am very stupid when it comes to money and I literally don't save any of it. My question is now that I'm aware, I'm scared. Scared that I'll do the same thing with money that I earn in the future and I really don't want to be a poor person just because I was unable to get out of the spending mentality that I have right now. If anyone has any tips on how to prevent myself from continuing this when I'm really feeling lazy and I don't want to run to the market and yadda yadda blah blah, I'd appreciate it. But so far I've been only cooking home and I'm trying my best to save my money and put it in the bank. To add: No, fortunately I am not fat. But I am extremely picky about what I eat. I understand that there is nobody really putting a gun to my head telling me that I can't do it but perhaps there are some tips that'll help me catch myself while I'm in the process of essentially wasting money.
>>
Coming from the Same situation; you will adapt. I worried the same things when I took the leap. After being broke and having nothing to show for with no bailouts it did not take long to kick my ass into gear and wise up. Admitting your fault is a good first step, and you can theorize all you'd like, but until it's a real life situation where you're earning your own money and seeing it's true value, your planning and worrying means nothing.
>>
>>1336719
I'll keep that in mind, guess I'll just throw whatever I can into saving to prep. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1336710
Well, as wise /biz/ men will tell you, do 3 blowjobs a day and you can maintain your luxurious lifestyle. Since you like eating, you shouldn't have a problem.
>>
>>1336710

Don't go out when you are hungry, you'll end up buying food that is both expensive and unhealthy. Eat microwaved porridge and tons of water before heading out if you don't have anything else around, it's cheap, fulfilling and doesn't have too much empty calories for what it does.
Read up simple recipes online and experiment a bit. Aim to gradually move on planning your meals for the week, buy stuff on bulk and eat the same stuff for couple of days.

From my experience addictions are results of people trying to relieve stress, so be aware of that. If you start spending ludicrous amounts in booze, or too much time in something that eats away productive hours like video games try to think up what you are trying to escape. It all adds up in the long run.

If you are into impulsive purchases there is little advice I can offer since I personally have never had that problem. If you are able to influence your actions on a conscious level think about the utility of what you are about to purchase and whether or not it's worth it, most of the time you are better off not spending.
>>
>>1337168
Thanks for your advice and no, fortunately I'm not an impulse buyer
>>
>>1336710
just ask dad/mom for life money.
>>
>>1336710
What sort of allowance/trust do you get?

I recommend eggs. Get some free-range ones with brown shells and learn how to make a stuffed omelette. Tomato one day, mushroom the next. It's like the sandwich of meals.

Get a slow cooker and make stews. Boeuf bourguigon is easy.
>>
File: Pussy Pasta.jpg (37 KB, 1030x531) Image search: [Google]
Pussy Pasta.jpg
37 KB, 1030x531
Ramit Sethi author of I will teach you to be rich, /biz/ approved best personal finance tactics book
http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
yo ho ho

Its addressed in the book. You've got 2 bank accounts, one is OPerations which you don't touch. and 2 is spending which gives you your pay period max spend. You can do whatever you want with the money but you can't take from savings to pay for daily.
You go hungry pretty quick if you overspend.

actually came out with a learn 2 cook program a few days ago

He had been an adamant anti-cook before and I am sure his rationale is quite compelling.

As I understand it, someone needed to spell it out to him in investment terms. A few weeks of skill learning gives you access to a performance boosting foundation of nutrition and access to the sacred cooking knowledge that allows you to buy cheap shit and make it fuck-king delicious. So you can be like picrelated

You will never have to eat ramen noodles ever again.
>>
File: 1435653053660.jpg (96 KB, 818x820) Image search: [Google]
1435653053660.jpg
96 KB, 818x820
>I am absolutely horrible with money
>I'll be moving out soon
Then why are you moving out? Staying at home is perfect opportunity to save up money and pay down debts.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.