[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
brexit’s effect on currencies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: brexit-shutterstock2.jpg (297 KB, 3200x1956) Image search: [Google]
brexit-shutterstock2.jpg
297 KB, 3200x1956
I’ve read that Brexit has caused Yen to surge, and that is somehow bad for Japan economy.

When I read a bit more, it’s implied that the higher value of yen is bad for japanese exports. Why is that?

How exactly did Brexit affect Yen to surge in the first place?

I’m a layman when it comes to economics and the news I’ve read are terrible at explaining simple things.
>>
>>1333849
Economics is a social science. We consider those pseudoscience on /sci/.
>>
>>1333850
well, social science does have a word "science" in it, which is what’s in the title of this board.
Economics goes hand in hand with mathematics, so I guess this is the best board for this question.
>>
Yen increase = higher export price = harder to sell. Japan goods are already expensive compared to China.
Idk maybe investors think EU is shit now and switch to buying other currencies instead of the Euro?
>>
>>1333849
Try >>>/biz/
>>
>>1333849
imagine I deal with euros.

I want to buy a japanese car.
the japanese manufacturer sells it to the car dealer for 1.5 million yen, which is say 10,000 euros. (150 yen = 1 euro)

Suddenly, the yen surges, increasing its value. Now 1 euro is worth only 100 yen (I'm simplifying here, these are not real values).

the car dealer now has to pay 15,000 euros for the exact same car, which means the car becomes more expensive for a european customer, which means its sales decrease.
->less imports from japan
->less exports for japan

On the flip side, everything japan imports becomes less expensive for them.
>>
>>1333849
>>1333854
oh and the yen is considered a relatively safe currency.
this means that if you had british pounds, you could sell them for yens.
except when everyone does that, the yen gains value and the pound loses value.
>>
BUY

THE

DIP
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.