[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eBay thread? eBay thread!!!1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ebay-logos-main.jpg (47 KB, 549x480) Image search: [Google]
ebay-logos-main.jpg
47 KB, 549x480
Anyone else hustling on eBay/Amazon? I recently started messing with it a bit more, just wondering who else is flipping stuff. I'm going to hit some garage sales over the next few weeks and source some shit to try to resell. Wish I could find something I could source online but no good leads yet.
>>
I got banned from ebay for asking if the seller could overnight an item. im annoyed
>>
>>1331685
Anybody got any advice as to a good line or products that can be sold on ebay?

Seems like everything is already being sold on there.
>>
i've got no idea how anyone can make money from eBay. Between eBay and PayPal, they take 15% of your revenue in fees. You need margins above that just to eek out a tiny profit. There's so many Chinese sellers on there hawking shit for next to nothing, I can't understand how anyone makes a living doing this.
>>
>>1331702
No one will tell you what to sell as then you'll become our competition. Take some time and try and find something that you can profit from. Please stop asking people because no smart seller will tell you.
>>
>>1331705

My buddy sells bike parts and make 30k a month, hoping to get to that point eventually.

But in my experience the trick seems to be to throw up random shit until you see what is selling, what gets watched, what gets views, etc. Do this over and over and you'll wind up with a good mix of shit that sells well and that you can source regularly and reliably. If you're lucky you'll hit a home run with a product or two and you can just focus on that or their general niche.
>>
>>1331714
imaginary buddy¿ does he source the parts himself or import it ?
>>
>>1331711
I wasn't expecting people to tell me what they are selling, just thought they may have heard a potentially good product to sell that they were not interested in themselves or willing to take the rest.

How does one go about finding the right product to sell? Where does one source it from?

Please offer advice. Thank you very much.
>>
>>1331705

I hear if you can find a niche market for something and develop a good reputation you can make pretty good money. I also hear you can use that as a ruse to sell drugs, and if you keep it low key enough you can have a pretty good hustle
>>
>>1331724

Sources himself through small tiny classified ads, swear to god. The craziest part is a good chunk of people literally give him shit for free just to get rid of it, yesterday he picked up a bike for free that's worth roughly $7000, it's most old people who don't want to fuck with them anymore and just want them gone.
>>
In my experience video games sell really well.

Go out to the flea market/swap meet what have you and find the cheapest shit and you can flip it for a profit if it's rare/popular enough, you do have to have an eye for this kind of thing though so do some research. They sell fast and nothing I have put up has been up longer than a week.

I have a job so this i kind of a side hobby but I usually make 400-700 a month sometimes more sometimes less. If you can find something really rare you can sell one item for 200+.
>>
Interesting thread.. Bump
>>
>>1331929

Do you deal with one console/platform the most? What seems to be most valuable, generally speaking?
>>
>>1331952
I deal with all of them. Just gotta know what to look for, skip sports games because they sell really cheap and not worth the hassle. If you want to focus on one console I'd say anything Nintendo, prices on those Wii and Wii U games never go down and their retro stuff is also really popular and sells well to collectors.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (22 KB, 777x229) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
22 KB, 777x229
pic related, lifetime gross eBay earnings. My account is about 7 years old. I don't do it full time. Not even part time. I used to be more serious about it, now it's more of a hobby than anything.

I made a lot of money selling books when I first started. I would go to huge church book fairs and buy TONS of books for 10 cents each, then flip them anywhere from $4 to $10. I'd make a few bucks per book.

>>1331929
I did the video game thing too when I first started. Years ago I would post ads on Craigslist just saying "Looking to buy old video games" People would sell me their old Super Nintendo or Nintendo 64 games for dirt cheap because 1) they wanted to get rid of it and 2) they had no idea they were collectible items worth money. I'd easily buy a collection for $50 and flip it for $250. It's gotten WAY HARDER now because almost *everyone* uses the internet and looks up pricing and they ask for market prices. My best deal was, I bought a Playstation 3 and about 30 games from this woman for $300. Most of the games were still worth $50 a piece. I ended up selling the whole lot on eBay within the week for about $900. When I met her, I got the vibe that she didn't know what she was doing. I think she took them from her ex boyfriend/husband/whoever and wanted to sell them. Oh well, his loss was my gain :)
>>
>>1332072
Yeah the video game thing is competitive but if you keep an eye out you'll find some stuff here and there. I've only been at it a little over 3 months myself but it's worked out good enough for me.

Something a friend of mine did was buy some "limited edition" video games, the weeb games not the western limited stuff because the weeb stuff is actually printed in limited quantities. He has sold stuff he bought for 50 bucks over 200 but it takes a long time before he can put it up so it's really "long term" investment if you will. I'm looking at some games now to do that with as well.
>>
>>1331727

>Please offer advice.

My rate is $25 a hour
>>
>>1332104

I never got into the "limited edition" games because it's too risky in my opinion. You really don't know if you'll make a lot of money off it. I don't have a lot of storage space where I live, so I couldn't imagine holding on to something for a few years. But I can see how if you find the right item you can hit it big.

While I'm thinking about it, another great Craigslist find I had - back in 2010, I bought a Super Nintendo with 15 games for $30. The games were all worth about $25/piece, games like Zelda, Mario RPG, Mario Kart, Mario Allstars. The gem though, was a game called Earthbound, which is the most sought after Super Nintendo game. I ended up selling it alone on eBay for $120 by itself. I swear I had to work so hard to hide the grimace from my face when I met the guy to buy it. You'll always remember the home runs you hit.

I used to have to "know" about video games, but when I got my smartphone, it made the process SO much easier. If I see a lot of games, I'll just pull out my phone and walk around, pretending I'm texting. Really I'm on eBay looking up prices the same item in the same condition has sold for on eBay. I'll mentally calculate expenses and see how much money I can make in profit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.