[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I build affordable housing on my 8.5 acre patch of land
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: land.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
land.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
Should I build affordable housing on my 8.5 acre patch of land in Ireland?

It's a large 8.5 acre field of grass which is rarely used and it is located in a rural area surrounded by towns and mountains which are around 2km/1.2 miles away in every direction. The plan I've been thinking about is to build one house and sell it at the cost it took to build it which also includes connecting electricity, water and telephone essentials. Therefore I'd get my money back to keep building more houses up to a maximum of 6 as each house will have a large plot of land.
Currently, I can't afford to build the first house but I could get a loan which is a very risky proposition if the house doesn't get sold or no one wants to rent it. I only want to make use of my land and I'm not seeking any profit.
So, is there enough demand for houses like this in Ireland to make it worth the risk?
>>
>>1331009
Why would you take on risk when you're not seeking profit?

Unless you think you can turn a profit taking on debt for this is fucking retarded.
>>
>>1331015

Why would you suck dick if you're not willing to swallow.
>>
>>1331037
Okay, but it's a rather common concept that you assess the risk versus the reward. Your reward is zero and you're taking risk.
>>
>>1331088
The reward isn't monetary, it would just be satisfying to build houses for people that need them.
>>
>>1331102
You will go bankrupt.
>>
Fuck all that shit, horse.
Just get a shepherd's hut.
List on canopyandstars.com
Middle class fags will pay up to £100 per night
(peak season) to stay in a 'charming, rustic' hut with a camping toilet and no running water or electricity.
Add smell of horseshit for extra authenticity.
>>
>>1331214
You will too.

>>1331279
Good idea
>>
>>1331102
You can do more to help more people with sustainable giving ie have a plan 5 years 10 years 15 years out. And if you go bankrupt and the family(s) are forced to move by the bank foreclosing on your property then you can do more harm than good. Why do you want to harm people with your carelessness? Think shit through, Bernie.
>>
>>1331453
Well the family(s) got to live in a decent house for a while which is probably better than their origin.

Alternatively, I could just build one and rent it at a very affordable price (200-300pm) it until I break even and get a profit. Then I could Build another and perhaps buy more land from the surrounding area using the profits generated from multiple rented houses which would have to be good quality to avoid maintenance costs that would make the whole thing pointless.
>>
>>1331279
You obviously don't know Irish people. Nobody here would go near that shite.
>>1331009
Go for it, it's now or never because there's a massive shortage of houses. I know 2 co workers looking at houses at the moment including unfinished/need for renovation ones. Where is the land? Cork, Dublin?
>>
>>1331550
1. I've seen that shite work but you get no buyers for long periods of time and the people that do buy it are addicts of something (drugs, alcohol, masturbation)

2. The location won't be revealed on 4chan, but thanks for the input
>>
>>1331571
Aye no problem don't know how revealing the county would reveal where you are to be honest but I suppose better safe than sorry.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.