[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 22 quit my job as a web developer, fucking hated it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 3164.png (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3164.png
9 KB, 480x360
I'm 22 quit my job as a web developer, fucking hated it. Thought I would be happier freelancing/working for myself...eh it's ok..I have 10 maintenance contracts so it's basically free money. I don't really like programming anymore, it depresses me. An outdoor job looks fun.....don't wanna break my back though..I used to be excited about the future but now I don't give a fuck, every career option really doesn't interest me. well fuck...
>>
>>1331004
>indoor good buy but depressing
>want to work outdoors but don't want to break back
stop whining you little bitch
>>
>>1331004

Your dreams are dead.... you are ready.... become a corrections officer
>>
>>1331010
This. Grow a fucking pair, op.
>>
>>1331010
>>1331012

You must like you job, where do u work?
>>
>>1331004
Go to /fit/ and get a workout/nutrition routine going. Then you'll feel better about life and all of that stuff. It'll make office work more satisfying.
>>
>>1331013
Lots of places, I'm a union Pipefitter apprentice. Shit's awesome.
>>
>>1331004
Running your own ship and having no boss is many people's dream. Yet you are not happy. Why?
>>
>>1331017
what makes it awesome?
>>
>>1331014
I'm pretty fit but yeah that did improve my qualify of life and all but I still woke up every morning pretty depressed
>>
>>1331025
Are you a smoker?
>>
>>1331020

I'm pretty bored every day. Work is only 20 hours a work so after all said is done there is only so many times I can go through my fb feed before going to bed
>>
>>1331026
Used to smoke weed every day but quit i started to cough up flem everyday lol
>>
>>1331022
The work is challenging both physically and mentally, it's rewarding to see a piping system you built in place and in action, you see all kinds of cool shit, meet crazy as fuck people who you can call brothers, retirement and insurance is paid for by contractors, if you don't like a job you're on you can quit and just go get another.
>>
>>1331027
For many people FB causes depression. Maybe you should cut back on that and see if morale improves.
>>
>>1331004
Hey anon

I am also a 22 yr old programmer and was in a similar position to you not so long ago. I fucking hated my job. I worked as a software eng for a big bank and it sucked the life out of me. So boring, nothing good to do, just browsing the internet. I was going to quit and just tutor or something. I even considered joining my friend's team as a payday-loan salesman.

I didn't want to code anymore. I was afraid that the one thing that I always liked to do had turned into shit and that my whole plan was out the fucking window.

Then I found a cool job at a super small company. I'm so happy I can't believe I ever thought about giving it all up. Try and find something with a good culture. It makes a huge difference. Don't give up because then you'll be fucked and waste all that experience in something that you must've loved at some point.
>>
>>1331027
Also there is a guy with a cold calling thread on /biz/ right now. Try doing that the other 20 hours of your workweek. It's challenging and exhausting but you will feel better at end of each day. Most importantly your billables will grow significantly over time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.