[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tesla = Market Collapse When?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1452429888482.jpg (276 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452429888482.jpg
276 KB, 960x1280
How long will it take the used car market to collapse once automated cars hit the streets? Will this happen? Why wouldn't it? What happens to everyone's luxury vehicles and exotic cars? Pic unrelated.
>>
it wont collapse because there will all ways be poorfags who cant afford anything better
>>
>>1330849
I know that automated cars will be something big, but I don't think that it will make the normal car disapear.
People like to drive, man mostly and we will never change it for something we don't have the pleasure to guide.
Another thing is: It just needs to kill one person to lose credibility and this is a thing very likely to happen.
>>
>>1330852

What if automated cars cause an increase in insurance rates, making it cost prohibitive to drive as a human at all?
>>
>>1330866
There are countries where you don't need insurance to drive.
>>
>>1330856
>People like to drive, man mostly and we will never change it for something we don't have the pleasure to guide.
well yeah but you can always turn it off.
i don't like cruising on the highway it's boring and dangerous to get bored.
i would definitely urn on the auto pilot on the highway or when i have to travel through half the country the same road like the millionth time.
>>
>>1330871
What's the point of this thread then? If you can turn on and off the autopilot it's just another feature, just like AC and won't make the normal cars market collapse.
>>
>>1330869

None of the important ones. Really the only country that matters is the U.S. when it comes to this, as we invented and adopted the first consumer automobile unlike any other country. If a revolution takes place here, where insurance is required, it'll happen everywhere. Even if it doesn't, the valuable market share is here anyway.
>>
>>1330876
read:
>>1330875

>this kills the thread
>>
>>1330927

It wasn't my post you stupid fuck, learn to ID.
>>
>>1331018
I saw it, but if you can't refute the "automated car is just a feature" it will never increase the insurance rates and no revolution will start in any country, because it is only optional.
So it doesn't matter if the great US inventend and adopted shit, normal cars market won't collapse.
Your "insurance" shit is numb by default.
See you later, master of all genius.
>>
>>1331068
Implying it will be a feature for any longer than the first generation
Implying automated cars won't be so much safer statistically that driving a manual car will be seen as unethical within a decade of wide adoption
Implying anyone except rich men will want to/be able to afford to drive non automated cars
Implying this won't lead to prohibitively high premiums for non automated driving

It's going to happen IF there is widespread adoption of driverless cars. You don't understand insurance or how insurance companies think if you believe otherwise. Insurance cost will be the nail in the coffin of non automated cars
>>
Ex Used Car Dealer here, I got out in 2013, at the right time. Used car industry is dying off, internally due to people having shit credit and no longer being able to fund deals through Chase/Wells Fargo, instead having to send deals to third party subprime banks that approve anyone even if they default on a fucking pizza. These banks charge 15% discount, 6 month recourse, atop of other bullshit you end up making $800 on a deal as opposed to $4-5k in 2006. We're recreating this bubble slowly.

The alternative was to raise enough capital to handle financing in-house. Some dealers did this on a full time scale and now have tremendous cash flow. Buy a shit car for 2k, fix it up, sell it for 5k, customer buys it at 3k down (you already made your money), charge 26%+ interest on your in house loan, intention is for customer to default 3 months later, they default, you pop the car, sell it to the next lucky boy or girl. Your car is devalued to shit, but not when its in the hands of desperate drivers and that 2k care you bought ends up being a 20k+ cash cow in 2-3 years.

Now the California government is regulating this, capping interest rate, and with bullshit new car dealers offering lease deals for these shit people with credit, its beginning to go downhill a lot faster. I got out at the right time, cashed my shit, sold my loans, wholesaled my remaining vehicles, got asset protection and gtfo.

Now in 2016 you have startups like Beepi and Carvana who are trying to eliminate the sales force, the finance manager, etc, by automating the entire used car buying process online. They ship it to your house in 3 days, if you dont like it you can bring it back for a full refund within 7 days. Used car dealers cannot even fathom doing this.

Tesla and the robo cars don't mean shit yet.
>>
>>1331142
All it takes is one person killed.
>implying it
>>
>>1331142
>Implying automated cars work or will work

Get back on your hover board Marty the professor needs your help.
>>
>>1331197
Are you retarded? Tesla already has automated driving on the highway and it's better than a human in every way. Already. And that was just one company, bringing out automation by their own accord.
>>
>>1331068

40 keks for you, you're the same type of person who thinks taxis are better than Uber, I guarantee it.

>>1331142
This.

>>1331197
Trolling? Must be.

>>1331155
This is actually interesting. However, "don't mean shit yet" doesn't really mean anything or matter, disruptive technology tends to take over very, very quickly.
>>
>>1331484
No, Uber is best. Automated car won't take over the market. You are the type of person who thought that robot dog would replace the real dog.
>>
>>1331536

As someone who owns an Aibo you can go fuck yourself, buddy.
>>
File: kek.jpg (36 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
36 KB, 570x380
>>1331540
Thanks for the kek, bro.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.