[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /biz/ I have a product that i feel would sell great in china.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: China.jpg (9 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
China.jpg
9 KB, 273x185
Hi /biz/ I have a product that i feel would sell great in china. How the fuck do i find someone in china to buy from me?
>>
any help would be appreciated, i love you all.
>>
>>1330669
What kind of product?
Yu can always find some company to distribute your product.
>>
>>1330676
>Yu
No pun intended.
>>
Isn't this what Alibaba is for? I.e. to connect suppliers.
>>
>>1330706
ty
>>1330676
food product, think of something like baby formula but not baby formula becuase i feel that is over saturated atm
>>
>>1330709
>he fell for the baby formula meme
2008 was a long time ago
>>
>>1330892
Well the rise of a middle class consuming more foods/meats/dairy is still a good emerging markets play.
>>
>>1330652
>>1330706

As this guy said, Alibaba is pretty good. It's mostly for B2B though, and imo its B2C is lacking.

You could also try TMall and JD.com, but they're all in Chinese (duh).

Here's a link to what you're looking for because I'm feeling nice.

Registration: http://register.tmall.com/?spm=a2107.1.0.0.W7zIY1&f=login

First field: Number (Look for the first +1, that's for the USA. The other is for Canada). Input your phone number and click and drag the slider like you would an iPhone. Confirmation SMS, bla bla.

Infant formula page, so you get a feel for your existing competitors: https://list.tmall.com/search_product.htm?spm=875.7931836/A.subpannel2016046.57.oJbrIL&acm=201603142.1003.2.720738&q=%B6%F9%CD%AF%C4%CC&vmarket=&aldid=cmxEt3xY&from=mallfp..pc_1_searchbutton&type=p&scm=1003.2.201603142.OTHER_1456903980692_720738&pos=4

This COULD be where you'd want to list your product, I don't know. But this is the "imported milk" page.

https://list.tmall.com/search_product.htm?spm=875.7931836/A.subpannel2016046.8.oJbrIL&acm=2016030720.1003.2.709531&q=%BD%F8%BF%DA%C5%A3%C4%CC&aldid=cmxEt3xY&from=.list.pc_1_searchbutton&type=p&scm=1003.2.2016030720.OTHER_1456082620422_709531&pos=8

Good luck man. Have a look around, and have a feel for the market.
>>
>>1331024
Isn't AliExpress B2C?
>>
>>1331057
Sure, and the great thing is that it's in English. But it doesn't have a category for infant formula/food :)

Yknow how it is, it's China, man. You don't know what you're actually buying - I don't think you'd take the risk for regular food, much less milk for your kid.

Here's the thing. TMall guarantees that everything on there is legit... which is why you can see a lot more food on sale on TMall than the other sites.

I just went to check in case everything I said was wrong and was making me look like a d bag, and neither Taobao nor AliE offers infant formula :) Think of them as sites you go to when you want to get shit as cheap as possible. For things you wouldn't want to cheap out on, you go to TMall.

Oh, TMall is also owned by the AliBaba group, so there's that. It's a ploy to corner the entire Chinese market. For everything.
>>
>>1330652
These other posters don't know what they're talking about. As a matter of policy, it's basically impossible to import a product into China and sell it there. Places like Alibaba and the like are for exports only.
>>
>>1331100
What? Literally just google it, you can sell as long as you own a company that's legally registered where you are. There's paperwork to be filled out (especially on TMall), but it's entirely possible.

It's troublesome (with their way of doing things), but definitely doable. I'm not based in China bro, and I know people who sell on those platforms.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.