[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stocks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1.png
74 KB, 300x256
In what area of the stock market should beginners step in? You got stuff like daytrading, penny stock, investing, tradeing.
Dous it even matter?
>>
>>1329939
Trump coin
>>
>>1329954

obviously Trump coin is the only stock.
>>
Here you go, senpai
>>1315587
>>
I like tech and biotech

But biotech is a gamble with FDA approvals failrate at 92%

Also like small market caps with potential of getting big contracts
>>
>>1329939
Depends on what you want to do. I'm guessing beginner means you're unfamiliar with everything, and just wanna learn a little about them.

Day trading is just trading, and as its name suggests it involves quickly (ranges from seconds to hours, rarely if ever more than a day) buying and selling securities for profit.

Investing generally requires a fundamental analysis of the company to see if its sound, bla bla basically it means that if you think it's a good company, you invest in it for a comparatively long period of time so that you profit from its growth.

I really wouldn't recommend penny stocks... As the name implies, they're stocks that cost less than a dollar. The appeal is that there's more profit potential (dollar-percentage return) because each stock is priced a lot more cheaply (than, say, a blue chip), but penny stocks are generally more risky as well (because they're often shitty, no-name companies).

It matters. It's difficult to make money from trading if you don't know how it works. And you need a significant (I would say $8k~) capital base before you can make profits big enough to cover whatever trading costs you may have.

Investing is easy - many people just let their money sit in a stock index (stock tied to several select stocks) and watch it appreciate. Of course, the only significant risk is a downturn/market correction that makes stocks lose value - which was not a big a threat 3 years ago than it is now.
>>
>>1329939
Try Swing, you will learn what good fundamentals are like chart patterns, moving averages, and spotting reversals and gauging volume and you won't have to get up early in the AM and worry about sudden crashes because in theory you should be investing in like 30 dollar stocks looking for modest 8-10% gains and hoping for 20%.

You have to be willing to be a huge nerd though but I have seen people who have 80% win rate online I think if your gains are down to earth you can be happy doing Swing Trading.

Those trades are 2-4 days long BTW.
>>
>>1330034
Not OP, but this board really likes dem meme penny stocks and/or Trump coin (as they should). Anyplace with good advice for swing trading, or is it best to solo it and pick up tips where one can?
>>
>>1330080
side note: what was being described is not fundamentals, that's tech analysis

there's plenty of tech analysis stuff out there, but it's not that simple, as it is much more art than science.

it's all about what you're looking for. if you don't have a lot of cash, I'd say buy an index fund and let it sit and hopeful,y appreciate while you save up
>>
>>1330237
Watch out, it's laughable but some idiots on /biz/ don't subscribe to the notion of tech analysis. I saw a guy call it a meme - he was pretty fucking mad too
>>
>>1329995
>>1330010
>>1330034
Thanks for the input.

I have a decent start capital (10k euro)
But il start whit a fraction of that just learning the do's and dont's.
>>
>>1329939
If you have a full time job, just invest in whatever is the biggest company that comes to mind immediately that offers dividends, and leave it for a decade. Come back and see those medium quality gains for doing pretty much nothing.

If you actually want to do this full time, read some books. Its really that simple. My desktop always looks like a library
>>
>>1330034

when investing in something like this expecting to get 8-10 percent back but only have 10k to invest with, should you buy into multiple stocks/spend 2-3k per stock
or invest all the money into just one?

a bank stock at the moment I'm looking at putting money into is sitting about 24.45 does this mean to make a 10 percent profit I would need to sell at 26.9?
it's just this stock doesn't really go up/down that much even over a week
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.