[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ripple partnering up with huge banks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Logo_M.png (11 KB, 608x164) Image search: [Google]
Logo_M.png
11 KB, 608x164
So it seems that many big banks are going to be using Ripple tech to transfer funds.

>We’ve reached the stage where a significant number of these banks are moving to commercial production.
>What’s significant here is the space is moving beyond experimentation and moving into actually deploying this.
So it's not just something that's going to happen in the far distant future, they're actually going on and implementing this very soon.

http://www.coindesk.com/7-financial-institutions-announce-partnerships-ripple/

>ATB Financial, the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Reisebank, Santander, UniCredit and UBS have all revealed that they are using the technology, though Ripple said the specific use cases each partner is pursuing varies.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/seven-banks-kick-off-ripples-blockchain-network-including-santander-ubs-unicredit-90-more-1566894

>Seven banks kick-off Ripple's blockchain network including Santander, UBS and UniCredit - '90 more in the pipeline'

If you're not neck deep in XPR by now, start buying.
>>
>>1328955
no us based banks

no thanks, howeve dgb will be micosofts go to digital soce of "points"

see you in forbes
>>
Got me some of that sweet ripple. Helped me ween off the ether huffing.
>>
>>1328975

>Not buying a coin that actual real life multi billion banks are going to use.

If I only had to choose one of these coins, I'd still go with Ripple, even if it were 100% confirmed that DGB is going to go to Microsoft.

Also that second link says that there are 90 other banks waiting to get in on this.
>Ripple said it has some 90 banks in the pipeline.
>30+ pilots completed and 10 banks in commercial production deal phases.
I'm sure there are some US banks among those.

This coin is now probably among the best investments that you can buy, because this is some seriously big money it's dealing with here.
>>
this is really big
>>
I am new to bitcoin and as soon as I heard this I rushed to buy some with my puny savings. Not even a shill, and I might have very well done the wrong thing, but this seemed me like the most secure short-term investment in the crypto so far. This shit for example >>1328975 did not convince me. This isn't the 90s, Microsoft is not the biggest player around.

Now comes my question. Do you lads think this will make ripple's value go up in the long-term? Or will it just be a fluke? I might move from ripple to bitcoins before the halving if that is the case, but I am still pretty clueless about these things. I am tryng to learn though, no bully
>>
>>1329283
Of the 100 billion coins in existence, 9 billion are owned by the creators, and 67 billion owned by the ripple organization. Why on earth would you invest your savings on a coin premined that much?
>>
Can I just buy some directly with PayPal? I remember it being a pain in the ass getting my first 2000 xrp
>>
>>1329289
I can still move my investment. What is your suggestion, lad? I am all ears and ready to learn. Also why would the premining influence anything if the coin is about to explode?
>>
>>1329305
Waves is promising (basically ripple but with added features). It had the third biggest crowd funding behind ethereum and The DAO. It's dipped since trading started on monday because of the volatility of Bitcoin. I haven't bought any yet as I'm waiting for Bitcoin to crash so I can buy more, since it's price is pretty much relative to BTC. If Waves delivers on its promises it'll explode imo. Coins are capped at 100M, 85 million distributed via the ico.
>>
>>1329067
Us banks won't jump on this too soon because almost every month some douche in the government expresses their transgressions in the blockchain.
>>
>>1329305
>>1329321
Just to add, there's nothing wrong with investing in Ripple, I just mean don't go all in. Invest in several alt coins. I'd recommend both waves and ripple, possibly ethereum next time it dips. Breakout coin is a gambling crypto being crowd funded on bittrex atm, don't participate in the ICO but definitely keep your eye on it. If Breakout Gaming is successful that'll be a good investment as online gambling is probably the biggest use of crypto atm.
>>
>>1329303
I bought it through poloniex, but I bought them with bitcoins. So you have to buy bitcoins first.

>>1329321
Fact is, as OP shows, ripple is actually being adopted irl. I have more savings that I am undecided on which to bet. For now I am considering investing it in agoras, waves was also considered but I really see no tangible reason why it should explode as opposed to any other currency. I have also considered trumpcoins, but it's a realy gamble, there is no Assurance Trump will mention it is in any other case a literal waste of money.
>>
>>1329332
>waves was also considered but I really see no tangible reason why it should explode as opposed to any other currency

It's a good investment but STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT NOW. It's going to continue crashing (just look at sell orders vs buy orders) until the dev team shows progress. I expect it'll be 0.0002 sometime soon, and this is coming from someone who really wants it to succeed.
>>
>>1329338
fair enough, thank you for your honesty anon. That was my point basically. I might invest in it, but only if they show me a reason to do so. At the moment it's crashing with no survivors, but in the future? I might consider it. It's on them to convince me basically.
>>
>If you're not neck deep in XPR by now, start buying.

FUCK OFF shameless shill. XPR is as good as dead
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.