[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1417985738520.jpg (7 KB, 200x185) Image search: [Google]
1417985738520.jpg
7 KB, 200x185
24y/o living with parents. Currently on my last semester in uni and have a small job making ~4k/mo. Currently, my family is undergoing some shit regarding our rent payments. Our monthly payment is $550 but my father, who recieves roughly $900/mo because he is autistic and doesn't want to work, has only been paying $175/mo for the past 12+ months so we currently owe our landlord 6k+. Basically they said they will no longer accept any payment other than the full rent payment per month and if we dont make them, we get evicted. Thing is, my father is an arrogant piece of shit and i wouldnt mind finding a place and living without him. Thing that terrifies me is that this will fuck up my credit history. The fuck am i supposed to do?
>>
>>1327845
Why would it fuck over your credit history? Did you sign any papers that made you responsible for the rent?
>>
>>1327845

try /r9k/
>>
>>1327858
Yes, i am on the lease.
>>
>>1327873
Well first of all if you make 4k/mo you should have been helping pay the rent since your name is on the lease.

Second, if you make 4k/mo why don't you just start paying the full rent and then pay the rest over time if you can make some sort of deal with the landlord?

550/mo is a pretty small amount for rent if it's a decent place how are you even having problems when you make around 8 times that amount?
>>
>>1327885
Its a matter of principle. He fucked us over before for $2000 when we gave him money but he spent it instead of paying the rent. I also have my own obligations.
>>
>>1327845

So... um... your landlord says he'll evict you if you don't give him $550 a month from now on? He's not demanding $6K yesterday?

It's reasonable for him to want One Check instead of dancing around while your family does bistromathics, so first up - you're paying $550 a month until you move out. You don't want to add actively being evicted to the problem list.

Next, check your bank records & such to make sure the situation actually is what the landlord says. You don't want to find that you're being shackled with a huge debt just because the landlord figures he can exploit an autist.

Assuming your dad really did screw the landlord: if you care about your credit history (you shouldn't, but normies do) you need to make sure the whole debt gets paid. You definitely should pay SOMETHING towards the debt because you were living there for 12+ months - and the reason you're on the lease is because YOUR JOB was to make sure your dad didn't screw it up.

You make ~$4k/mo, you should be able to pay the whole mess off from your savings (or if no savings, two or three month's work) if you have to. But you need to figure out what really happened, and why your dad thought he could pay $175/mo.
>>
>>1327935
Dad is a fucking retard, that's why. I can pay the full balance, sure. But why the fuck should I? Is there a way to get out of the lease while we owe them money given that my dad stays on it?
>>
>>1327845
You remind me a lot of your dad.

E-mail the landlord and tell him you would like to be removed from the lease because your family is fucking up and you will pay $2,000 if he removes your name from it and does not report anything about you to credit bureaus.

Or get in your dad's face and tell him to fucking pay or come up with a plan to pay with your help.
>>
>>1327948
He doesn't give a shit if we get evicted because he doesn't care about the family.
>>
>>1327964
Ok.

If you do what I said, 95% of landlords will remove you from the lease and not report anything negative about you. So you can leave without fucking up your credit.

I don't understand what the fuck you want from us. You make 50k a year and can't weigh the pros and cons and figure this shit out on your own?
>>
>>1327966
He has a personal problem with his dad and that's why he can't solve it by just easily paying off what's owed.
>>
>>1327976
what the fuck is wrong with everyone. He asked what am I supposed to do. I told him what he should do. He gave a retarded non sequitur that had nothing to do with my suggestion. I reiterated my suggestion. Now you're here telling me this isn't about a financial dilemma at all it's about a personal muh feelings bullshit?

FUCK ALL OF YOU. SUCK YOUR DAD'S DICK AND QUIT YOUR JOB OP. STARE AT BRICKS ALL DAY.

>>1327966
>I don't understand what the fuck you want
I really just don't know anymore.
>>
>>1327989
Refer to >>1327911

I just told him to pay it off and leave. I like your suggestion better since he leaves and only pays 2k. Should have known better than to sign a lease with his dad if he knew he was scum.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.