[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buying a house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: summer lesson.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
summer lesson.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
hey /biz/. a couple of years from now i want to buy a house. i am 23yrs old and i'm a car mechanic as my labor skill. i was out of work for a while and ate into all of my savings while unemployed. thank god i start a new job next week.

me and my parents always talk about getting a house. we live in NYC and rent is crazy expensive. starting next month we are going to pay about 1,700USD in rent. we live in a 2 bedroom apartment building. over time rent went up. we wanted to move but couldnt because i was unemployed. we renewed the lease for 2 more years then we are out. i want to make my next move a home. my question is what do i need to have to buy a home or i'm a sucker for buying a home? with the rent money we pay that could be used to pay a monthly mortgage instead. how much should i save to use as a down payment?
>>
Best thing I ever did. Mind you I bought in 1999 so now freehold. But it means I can work 6mths of the year in a menial seasonal job and take 6 months off drinking and messing around.
>>
Is moving an option?
I'm in Cali paying 1,100 /month, also living with my parents.
Not saying move to Cali but you know maybe somewhere a bit cheaper.
>>
>>1327728
we cant move now cause we renewed for 2 more years.

there are cheaper places but you get what you pay for with them. our rent used be cheap too, about 1,200 a month but rent goes up with these people. were i live they dont just let anybody in and its clean. cheaper places would mean living in the ghetto with niggers.
>>
Look at the mortgage calculators on sites like Trulia. You'll see how much it costs.

Generally if you put less than 20% down you have to pay mortgage insurance. It's a tradeoff.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.