[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pre-Market and After-Hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1466476402817.png (157 KB, 516x440) Image search: [Google]
1466476402817.png
157 KB, 516x440
I often hear that /biz/ has no impact on market fluctuations when it comes to stocks.

I had an idea earlier today and just found time to write it out. Imagine the following scenario:
>/biz/ finds potential meme
>a few /biz/ness associates buy in
>meme begins plummeting during intraday trading
>imgoingtokillmyself.webm

Now, what if a few fellow /biz/ness associates that haven't bought into said stock decided to prop it up by buying incremental shares PM or AH?

What would be the implications of this? Could we effectively prop a stock up then dump it? We could see the bid/ask jump with the prices we're purchasing them at, right?

I don't actually think this is viable, I'm just thinking out loud here.
>>
The /biz/ness associate can barely afford to eat ramen noodles. They are not gonna have enough buying power to cover the commissions of AH/PM trading. Not to mention the free market force will bring the price right back to market value upon opening bell.

/thread
>>
i've looked at some penny stocks. i could buy the 20 day avg DAILY volume in a single minute. you won't catch me gambling like that though.

realistically, you'd need at least several people like me with a game plan. even better, you start using supports and resistances as buy and sell points. people will be amazed that this stock behaves exactly as predicted. and just then the price crashes as we all sell for profit.
>>
File: chapellelol.gif (339 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
chapellelol.gif
339 KB, 250x167
>>1327622
>using supports and resistances as buy and sell points
This is pretty much where I was going with it. I mean, if a few people just stayed the course, I believe we could make some meme magic; but orchestrating that successfully? I'm not sure how disciplined / reliable everyone is.

I think it would be pretty cool if we just tried it on at least once. After the Brexit would probably be ideal... or maybe during? I'm just not sure.
>>
>>1327656
i don't trust anyone on biz to follow a plan. and i'm not cooperating with anyone using the words "meme magic" and "moon missions". robin hood threads are for gamblers nothing more.

you should probably hit up the robin hood discord. i won't be on there. and if you're interested in actual trading, elite trader. i won't be on there either.

you wanna see some shit: fundseeder.com. there's people with verified broker provided account statements making well above market. you can either continue with "moon missions" or learn to system trade.
>>
>>1327574
>buying incremental shares PM or AH
You would need a market (or more specifically, a market maker) to do this.
A lot of major stocks (not to mention penny's) don't trade in PM or AH b/c there isn't dick for demand, hence little point.
>>
>>1327692
>implying
I've actually been making good money by using my own algorithms for trading. I just started this month, but I've made 3.7k so far. I'm thinking of this more or less as an experiment to see if it works.
>>
>>1328214
what am i implying? that people who systematize, backtest and automate are profitable over people who gamble in rhg? yes that's what i'm implying. you're math skills might be good but your reading comprehension sucks.
>>
>>1327574
GXY
>>
>>1328225
>you can either continue with "moon missions" or learn to system trade
You were literally implying that I don't know how to system trade. kys.
>>
>>1328322
i've replied to 3 separate post IDs. you either have dissociative personality disorder or you need to Kiss You're Selves.
>>
File: 1465936777016.jpg (16 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
1465936777016.jpg
16 KB, 564x423
>>1328349
>what is having a job, phone, and a personal computer for $800, Alex
>>
>>1328434
>makes supposed 4k passively from algos
>needs to drum up capital for pump on dump schemes on an anime discussion website

if you're so hot, join fundseeder. site is made for guys like you. you'll get your funding. i've already made my (profitable) trade today. and i'm out. have fun replying to yourselves.
>>
>>1328452
>>1328214
>I'm thinking of this more or less as an experiment to see if it works.
What are you missing here?

>if you're so hot
>i've already made my (profitable) trade today
????????

Thanks for derailing my thread and fucking up a potential discussion, autismo.
>>
>>1328472
You're Welcome bitch
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.