[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I make money off the app stores repackaging shit people have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: auditory_autism.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
auditory_autism.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Can I make money off the app stores repackaging shit people have already made?

I might even make it worse with more ads.
>>
Only on the Google Play Store. If you try it in Apple's app store, you'll get b& within a week and be $100 poorer.
>>
>>1326967
Really? I want planning on doing anything illegal. Just copying other people.
>>
>>1326975
Blatant copying is illegal in both stores, but only Apple actually enforces the rule consistently.
>>
>>1326976
Odd. I wonder what the logic is. I assume there's a million Bible apps like there are on Android
>>
>>1326962
Enjoy you are lawsuit for selling other peoples hard work.
>>
>>1326962
If that's what you are passionate about op, then don't let anyone stop you.
>>
>>1327890
Why do you conflate passion and economics?
>>
>>1326962
Can you? Yes.

Is it worth doing?

No.

Ads pay next to nothing until you get to the pay-per-infection tier, so you need a quintillion installs to turn a profit. Your shitty repackage of somebody else's shitty app with added ads is never going to be more popular than the original shitty app unless you're a damn good marketer, and if you can market that well you're better off getting the writers of the original shitty apps to pay you for promo.
>>
>>1326979
oh, that's what you mean. unless you're talking about directly copying a very certain app by a certain person, you're free to make apps, differently, of course, that have already been made.
>>
From my understanding, most people that just repackage apps and make them available on other 3rd party app stores add malware to the app, that's how they make money.
>>
>>1327998
Yes that's what I meant, not literally steal.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.