[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Air Force benefits? Since pay is so low, how would living be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: fb_icon_1024.jpg (94 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
fb_icon_1024.jpg
94 KB, 1024x1024
Air Force benefits? Since pay is so low, how would living be?
>>
>>1325323
sure the pay is low, but they take care of your living situation.

if youre an officer, or senior enlisted/married you get a basic housing allowance each month depending on your rank and where you live. you can get a home and pay utilities and even pocket some of this. you also get a minor food allowance.

if not, then youll live in the barracks for free, and have a chow hall available to eat at for free.

you can easily pocket all of your checks and live for free your whole enlistment. if you had the discipline to, that is.

but saving 70-80% of your pay would be no problem, even after buying a decent (~$5k) car and cell phone bill.

also, you ever get a toothache, or medical problem, boom. its taken care of no problem, for free.
>>
>>1325323

i've thought about doing rotc to pay for college

i'm going into my sophomore year, but my friend told me that it's not a problem

i'd be going for missile operations, since he said that gives you a pretty much 100% chance of being stationed in the USA

I'm wondering if i'd be able to get the scholarship based on the fitness part, so i've been running every day and working out for it

i'd have to crosstown to Boston University (i'm at Boston College)
>>
>>1325563
>>1325323
it's not "free"

but it is a pretty good dea.
>>
>>1325323
Used to be in the Airforce for a while, the living is okish. If your middle class expect a downgrade if your lower class expect an upgrade. Food is pretty good outside of basic though.
>>
>The pay is low

Base pay is low but goes up. Special pay and BAH etc is tax free and adds to that quite a bit depending on what your job is.

You talking about going in as an officer or enlisted?
>>
>>1325563
Its not free but you can get your expenses to 10% of your income easy.

Also flight and other special /danger pay is fucking great.

If you're married you get to live off base.

Stack your cash, and you'll be able to buy a house for 0 down with no mortgage insurance. Then rent it out to other folks on base. If they're late on a payment. You call their commander, commander writes you a check, and straightens them the fuck out for you.

Repeat every year for your enlistment and you'll have 4 rental houses throwing off money every month.

if you're good you'll buy 4 4plexes and have 16 doors paying you rent.
>>
>>1325670
>I'd have to crosstown to boston university

nigga take the 57 or just live in the sick brownstone on baystate for rotc
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.