[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a billion dollar app idea, what's the best way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
So I have a billion dollar app idea, what's the best way to start building the app? And will people try to make their own version of it?
>>
>>1324567

app for what?
nice post number also
>>
>>1324567
FUCKING SEQUENTIAL GET!!!!
>>
>>1324571
You will know when it hits.
It will make life easier for all
>>
IT'S ONE THREE TWO
IT'S NOT 123 IT'S 132.

>HEARD DAT

>DAS RIGHT
>>
>>1324567
>>1324580
Nvm
>>
>>1324581
just say it alex
>>
I'm currently working on my own "billion dollar idea", there's a few option you have here. You can develop it yourself, if you have the know how, but i'm going to assume you don't. Here is where its get interesting for people in your position, if you truly believe that you are going to make a lot of money from your app, and it will truly be something that people will open on a daily basis, like facebok tier stuff, then go for it, here are your options, you can get a technical co-founder, where he will programme and develop the idea into an actual product you can test and improve and launch, in exchange for whatever percentage of the company usually 40%, such was the case with Snapchat, Evan Spiegel designed it and his technical co-founder coded it. You could hire a free lancer which is very self explanatory, however I would not recommend it for a big project, unless you trust the guy 100%. In my case, i'm developing the app with a company in my area, the company will take 30% of my company if it becomes a success and stock options. Good luck with it though, give us your name so we can look out for you in the forbes rich list.
>>
>>1324567
yes people will try and copy it. that's a guarantee. did you know there are uber clones? airbnb clones? facebook clones? they're bigger in other countries so you might have not heard of them.
even for apps. I remember that one game called 2048 where you slide the squares to double them. there were SO MANY copies of that game lmao.

you can try to patents it but i doubt patents work for apps since you can patent the code but there are many ways to code something for a similar result.
>>
>>1324716
Thanks, very insightful. But say I tell the company the idea and they say no and then make it themselves lol. What do I have to protect myself?
>>
>>1324724
Exactly, to patent the software you will have to have a google sized business and get like 10,000 coders to code each possible variation of the programme that will run the project, and patent each one, before you even launch the business, its pretty much impossible.
>>
>>1324728
Well... I honestly dont really know, i should have said this im my initial reply but the company is actually my cousin's, but before i mentioned anything i made him sign an NDA, who knows what will become of the app but he is actually going to help me with marketing too so i'm hopeful. I can give you some more advice though, no matter which route you go down to get your app made, when it finally is made, market it the following countries: America, UK, UAE and the parts of the middle east that arent in the shit and finally, china/japan. Market as best as you can in these countries, becasue i see way too may app developers only posting local adverts lol, i dont know what they expect from that, but i can tell you not much will come of it, so MARKET MARKET MARKET!
>>
>>1324728
nothing really. you can try a non-disclosure agreement but that only works so far. your best bet in this case is to get a cofounder. but in this cofounder relationship you must bring something to the table as well. he will code and you will do what? do you have money to fund this thing? are you good at marketing? sales? etc.
>>
>>1324745
This. so much this. Dont piss your co-founder off lmao, if you are going to get a co-founder you need to handle all the marketing.
>>
>>1324567
I'm an app developer. I'd work with you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.