[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cant get a decent job due to DUI, should I retire in my 20's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: corrupt_police.jpg (55 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
corrupt_police.jpg
55 KB, 500x300
Hi,
I have about 420-440k. I got a DUI and now I can not work in the USA (no one will hire me).
Working at McDonalds sounds shitty. Opening a McDonalds sounds risky, and I can not get a job as a tradesman (bad driving record).

Should I just retire to Phillippines for three years and fuck asian girls, come back to USA when my driving record is cleaner?
>>
>>1323674
>Should I just retire to Phillippines for three years and fuck asian girls, come back to USA when my driving record is cleaner?
Yup, sounds like a pretty good plan.
>>
>>1323674
Why can't you just work somewhere close and walk or bike there?
>>
No one will hire me do to misdemeanor on my record.

My driving record is shit now, and I can not pass a background check (misdemeanor!)
>>
File: 1465849329231.png (600 KB, 922x709) Image search: [Google]
1465849329231.png
600 KB, 922x709
>>1323736
i just got my licencing and everything else i need to start up my security company here in canadia , be my bank and i'll put you up as a co-owner/we can agree to what portion of the profits you get and you don't have to run it if you don't want to. I can do that all myself.

If you're not canadian i think as a business owner i can sponsor you but the phillipines/vietnam/thailand for life sound much more comfy, i'd choose that if i were you. Maybe open up a neat little restaurant or some niche business you can run there (given all the money you can pump in right away)

it's an option though
(and yes i'm serious, also im 24 so if you happen to have experience in starting up businesses i'd more then happily sponsor you here)
>>
>>1323674
This is the dumbest, most bullshit post I've seen on /biz/. You don't have $400k, and I doubt you actually got a DUI. What kind of weird bait fishing is this?
>>
>>1323674
Shouldn't you be in jail if you got a DUI?
>>
>>1323838

Depends on the state. If you're a first-name offender, you can get off with fines and community service in some spots.
>>
DUI means you go to jail for 4 hours, then take a required alcoholics class. Costs a lot, but no real punishment, except you can't pass a background check for 10 years.

Got 420k from family/savings over the years.

I might take you up on the candian citizenship, boarding homes are more up my alley though.
>>
>>1323826
"If you don't read, study or continue to develop yourself, someone else will," says Kimbro, who dubs knowledge the first law of wealth. "The day you meet that other person, you lose. If you violate the law of knowledge, there is no reason to move on to the rest."
>>
>>1323865
i'm not sure how to perceive this, what is the quote saying?
(not offended or anything i genuinely don't understand the quote)
>>
>>1323882
>Dr. Heavenly owes much of her success to her willingness to develop new skills, which enable her to take risks. She has studied marketing and holds a real estate license, an insurance license and a series 65 certification, which is a securities license for investment advisers. She is so passionate about constantly adding to her entrepreneurial toolbox that she started Dr. Heavenly University, which offers workshops for those wanting to start a business. "If you don't read, study or continue to develop yourself, someone else will," says Kimbro, who dubs knowledge the first law of wealth. "The day you meet that other person, you lose. If you violate the law of knowledge, there is no reason to move on to the rest." Kimbro's millionaires all valued education, stressing it repeatedly in focus groups, even if all did not have college degrees. But for them what's more important than what you know is what you can do with what you know.
http://www.essence.com/2014/04/07/how-tap-your-millionaire-mind-set
>>
>>1323674
Go to college from home? Wait until it falls off your record? You could get a new identity.
>>
>>1323888
Ahh i see , i completely agree with what's said there. Is it not common knowledge that you need to be consistently learning ESPECIALLY if you intend to start any sort of business?

Anyways thanks i've not read that before, But i still don't see why you quoted my post and are quoting/linking the article.
>>
Learning from a college is kind of pointless unless it is free.
Teachers are just government workers that dont give a shit about the student's financial/job future.
They just want to do there government 9-4, and make six figures + pension.
>>
If you have 400k, why get hired, when you can hire people? Could easily set up a business with that much cash. You might not be able to buy a franchise, but you could easily buy something from a owner-operator, like a restaurant.

Could just import a bunch of shit off Alibaba.

Could become a section 8 slum lord, just buy all concrete housing. Then set up some EBT corner store too.

You got a lot of possibility as an entrepreneur, could easily be a millionaire in 10 years with a clean record.
>>1323862
>I might take you up on the canadian citizenship

DUI is considered a felony in Canada, and they deny entry to felons. Even if you got it in America. They give exceptions to people like Gordon Brown, so unless you become important you aren't going to Canada.
>>
>>1323674
Why is a DUI not a misdemeanor?
>>
What the fuck, America?
Drink driving is bad but it's not fucking deny you a job / entry to a country bad.
It's $300 fine bad
>>
>>1325073
>Drink driving is bad but it's not fucking deny you a job / entry to a country bad.
>It's $300 fine bad
This.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.