[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting a company
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
What types of businesses can you start that don't require a lot of starting capital? I'm pretty adaptable, idgaf if it's cleaning cars or selling bread.
As long as the cash is right, I'm gonna do it.
>>
>>1322720
Suck dicks in a dimly lit parking lot.
>>
bump because I'm interested too.

Recently thought of starting a house-cleaning business. You know, get one or two cleaning ladies at first, advertise a bit and send them to customers. At first you won't make a lot but as soon as word gets out you can hire more and advertise more. Anyone have any experience in this?
>>
>>1322720
lemonade stand
>>
Guy I went to college with is a convenience store hustler, as he calls it. You know those little displays of Chinese phone chargers, cheap sunglasses, etc.? He buys them from a distributor, then goes and sells them to convenience stores, where they resell. He started with $10k, and worked 7 days a week himself. He would get 15% return in profit every other week, so about $3k a month. Lived at home, already owned his own car, kept about a grand for himself, reinvested the rest.

Now 7 years later he's working 5 days a week and has two other guys working with him to expand the area they work, pulls in about 3,500 a week profit. He bought a small house which is almost paid off, and a new vehicle. Busted his ass to make it work.
>>
>>1322869
sounds like a smart business
>>
Last year I was "importing" some videogames replacement parts from a chinese guy and selling them to stores that fix the games. I bought lots very cheap and sold them in lots making about 50% of profit, sometimes even more. I bought that analog stick rubber grip for 0,03 each pair, sold then for 0,50 and the guy resold it for 1,50.
The chinese guy is dead or got arrested, never heard of him. I still buy somethings to resell, so it's a good business.
>>
>>1322991
The only problem:
The products take up to 2 month to arrive.

>every 60 days I was making about 7k$
>>
>>1323010

how much did shipping/taxes/storage/whatever cost you?
>>
Become a middle-man, think of a product which can be cheaper in another state / part of your country. Check those prices and if one producer stands out offer him a contract. Then you become a reseller without any major responsibility. Example? 3D illuminated signs, e-cigarette liquids. Just do your research. Product with a "hidden" price is best for this. Just like 3D signs, every sign has an individual price. Hope that helps
>>
>>1323106

I was thinking about importing beer from Germany. Not that standard shit, but really good ones. You get a .5 liter bottle of premium brew for 80 cents there. Problem would be the taxes and shipping...
>>
>>1323091
You can always make the better deal in the shipping cost with the other end when you buy too much of something.
Most of the times I didn't even pay taxes. Always small packs and the china guy used to mark them as gift and a lower value.
I stored them in my house, a 1000 xbox 360 optical lens doesn't take much space, but they would stay in my house for a day or two anyway.
>>
>>1323120
... and all the problems with the law.
>>
>>1323130
Plus what if some of it spills over in the plane? Would make a lot of mess...
>>
>>1323130

Why? There's already a lot of beer being imported from other countries, right? And with the German purity law for beer there can't possibly be a problem with health codes or the likes.
>>
>>1322720
I imported knife blade blanks from Pakistan, and pattern welded ones from China.
Used local timbers to make the grips, recycled plastics etc.
Had a friend sharpen and heat treat them in lots for me at his forge (he's a farrier by trade).
Sell them on at markets, online, to chefs and tacticool type people.
I only have to work a "real" job two days a week and I'll be employing someone to help me this year.
>>
>>1323155
>google
>import alcoholic beverage
>the TTB link
>>
>>1323177
brb stealing your idea and competing with you worldwide
you have no idea what pandora box you've just opened!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.