[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is real estate investing a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Smug Chink.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Smug Chink.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
Is real estate investing a meme?
>>
>>1322076
Its cyclical, once it becomes a meme it means its dying. Like if you were into it at 2008 you'd be a visionary investor with some balls, now its the worst time to invest and is back to "it'll raise in value every year -- we swear!" tier.
>>
It's a meme if you're the kind of dumbass that leverages yourself into oblivion with it.

It's tragic to hear all these twenty something year olds that buy duplexes and think they're going to rent them all out and cover the mortgage.

Then shit gets fucked up and they have no tenants and costly repairs and end up getting foreclosed on after their first year.
>>
OP is absolutely right, real estate investing is a meme and no one has ever made money in it, ever.
>>
Depends on what you want to do.

I own 31 properties, mostly single family homes, and have become moderately wealthy (multimillionaire in net worth, but my assets as you can tell aren't liquid). Stay away from condos, apartments, and duplexes since they'll never ever make you money and the people who want to rent these kinds of places will never pay on time.

Now isn't the time to buy though, since the economy is going to probably crash again within the next year or two. THEN is the time to buy.
>>
>>1322119
are you aussie? did you start by negative gearing? pls more info
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.