[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ I started a business and it's going well in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1466132432148.jpg (26 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1466132432148.jpg
26 KB, 500x354
Hey /biz/ I started a business and it's going well in the sense that I've only made money and my profit margins are great (10$ of product turns into 100$). But there is one factor that is troubling me. I cant make over around 10,000$ a year due to the dynamic of my business. This factor really bugs me and makes me want to quit and try something new. Is this a reasonable Idea or thought? Alongside this my business makes me feel pretty scummy (I resale on eBay). Would you quit because of thesse factors? Or should I not be picky and go along with what is making me good money?

Also if this helps you guys understand my situation, I am a freshman in collage and me business takes roughly 5 hours a week of my time. Thanks!
>>
dont quit your business if its providing good profits. a better option would be to find another income stream so you have a business and another passive income
>>
>>1322019
What do you sell? I've always wanted to break into that area, many people do this. But I don't know what a good niche is.
>>
>>1322027
I do electronics and used software.
>>
If your profit margins are that good, find a way to get away from ebay like eventually making your own website to sell used software and electronics.

Don't let ebay eat your profits

You could also try to expand your customer base by going into amazon or add more products in that area of business
>>
>>1322108
I am going to elaborate one of my issues in hopes someone can provide some advice.

So one of my issues with my current business is that I can only max out at around 10k. That is because I can only obtain more supply on Saturday and Friday mornings at garage sales/flea markets.

How would you guys go about obtaining more supply? I can't hire someone else to help me because no one will spend the time learning whats valuable and what electronics are in demand.

>>1322126
My biggest issue is selling out of my supply and not being able to obtain enough.

Ive thought about starting my own website but I don't feel like I would get any traffic or be able to compete with other websites.
>>
>>1322019
>I'm making $33/hr as a college student
>should I quit?
Lel
>>
>>1322141
Could you diversify? Per say find something in a different niche that you can find in those garage sales and flip for a good profit?
>>
>>1322019
>5 hrs a week
>for $9k a year
>i want to quit
Welp
>>
File: 1465527332221.jpg (139 KB, 1000x1439) Image search: [Google]
1465527332221.jpg
139 KB, 1000x1439
>>1322243
i've thought about that but I don't know how to go about finding new niches and I don't think I could develop the same level of knowledge for those niches because they don't interest me.

Do you have any ideas of other niche items I could resell that i could find at garage sales?
Thanks loads.
>>
>>1322141
How did you find out the in demand items? Just lurk some yard sales and look em up online?
>>
>>1322019
Why should reselling make you feel scummy? Do you over charge?
>>
>>1322365
It stemed from a prior hobby and I knew there was always a market there.

>>1322369
I do charge more then most people. But it's not over charging because people still buy it.
>>
>>1322387
Do you have a throw away email or something?
>>
>>1323037
Sure
[email protected]
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.