[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people have such nice lifestyles when they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1460121256532.jpg (18 KB, 534x300) Image search: [Google]
1460121256532.jpg
18 KB, 534x300
How do people have such nice lifestyles when they don't make shit?

My Aunt and her Husband for example. She works at an after school day care thing for low income children. She probably doesn't make more than $20K a year. Her husband works for Parks & Recs and he told me a few years ago he makes $60K salary. I don't know if that's changed or not. They have 2 kids and a few dogs.

They live in a nice sized house with a big yard. They have 2 brand new cars. They have expensive TV packages, 150 mbps internet, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. They go to amusement parks like once a week. He goes golfing every weekend. They have a boat, camper, etc.

What the fuck? Do they have mountains of credit card debt for all that? Are they not saving for retirement? I don't see how they can have that lifestyle with ~$80K combined income. I'm single with no kids making ~$45K and can barely afford to go out and have fun, but I save anywhere from $500-1,000 a month for my future.

Same with my Uncle. He works maintenance/groundskeeping at a nursing home so I wouldn't bet he makes more than me. His wife is a school bus driver. They have 2 kids and 2 dogs. They live in a decent house a block from a river, have a boat, 3 cars, go on vacations multiple times a year, etc.
>>
>>1321397

who knows. maybe they came upon a large sum of cash and never told their beggin ass family and friends about it. Maybe your uncle hustles on the side or your aunt sucks blowjob cocks
>>
You save about 1k a month, so you have 1k disposable income.

They have 80k income, and the govt job probably has good benefits, so they have at least 2k disposable income a month.

Is it that hard to understand?
>>
>>1321397
>They live in a nice sized house with a big yard.
Really depends on the area for how much this should cost. Mortgage interest deduction can help out a lot.
>They have 2 brand new cars.
They leasing? That could only cost $600 a month for the two of them.
>They have expensive TV packages, 150 mbps internet, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc.
That can be done for $200 a month
>They go to amusement parks like once a week. He goes golfing every weekend. They have a boat, camper, etc.
Amusement parks and golf are around $200? Boat and camper are probably financed at a low rate.

80k/12=$6,600 a month income. Even after taxes that is quite a bit. Got to look into how good the municipality job your uncle has. He could have built in pay increases of a few percent every year and a good pension.

Your uncle could have a windfall, like a big inheritance or made a real good investment he's not telling anyone about. People always wonder how my Dad has so much money, he averaged 20% on the stock market from 1990-2010, which isn't even that impressive for the time.
>>
debt
>>
File: 1462750693163.jpg (13 KB, 187x175) Image search: [Google]
1462750693163.jpg
13 KB, 187x175
>>1321397
Debts... It's like subprime. You had people with no job and no savings buying 600k houses and new cars with all kinds of shady loans
>>
>>1321484
You have the thinest grasp on basic finance that I've ever seen displayed through just one sentence. Not all subprime loans are NINJA loans and you sure as fuck can't get a subprime loan for $600k. There's also nothing "shady" about any loan that comes from a bank. If you don't read your loan packets then it's you're own fucking fault when you default on an adjustable subprime NINJA mortgage once your teaser rate expires.

Please fucking hang yourself mate.
>>
File: 1461329255003.jpg (48 KB, 253x229) Image search: [Google]
1461329255003.jpg
48 KB, 253x229
>>1321490
Oh an angry sheeple. I would have to bet you are in deep debt yourself. Good luck
>>
>>1321397

Because they have no savings and are paying interest or leasing most of their items.

Smart people save their money and invest and get something they really want once in awhile that is useful to their life
>>
>>1321492
>sheeple
>frog meme
>2016

If you tell me how many hours you have logged on WoW or LoL then I'll tell you what an actual vagina feel likes. Better yet, if you can prove that you have any sort of post-high school education relating to the field of business then I'll send you 25btc. I'll wait.
>>
>>1321397
>works for Parks & Recs
any government job pays nice and has benefits no other employer can match

>They live in a nice sized house with a big yard
i live in NYC and its expensive. in long island you can find big property houses for dirt cheap

>They have 2 brand new cars
what brand? they may also have good credit scores
>>
Credit cards
>>
>>1321397
>i dont spend half my money
>i dont see how someone who spends 5 times what i do has a better life
Youre about as dumb as it gets bud
>>
>>1321495
How is that better than living a comfy life? Seems like his family is a lot better off than he is for the OP
>>
I grew up with a single income household in a family of four.

Our household income was ~55k and we were still able to have video games and go on vacations to Disney without any debt at all.

You're obviously not balling out of control on 80k, but you can live a very comfortable lifestyle with a family of four.
>>
>>1322186
I mean, to be fair, that was probably a little while ago. 55k isn't what it used to be. However, I agree. 80k is enough for a comfortable lifestyle for a family of four. You certainly are not making that mad fat cash stacks, but you are doing well enough to finance your children and retire at a fairly normal age.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.