[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://ethermine.org/stats/votes NOFORKERS ABSOLUTELY BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: ImageCorp_20160619121907.jpg (123 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
ImageCorp_20160619121907.jpg
123 KB, 800x539
http://ethermine.org/stats/votes

NOFORKERS ABSOLUTELY BTFO
>>
ETHcucks on lifesupport!
>>
File: 1442773432484.jpg (17 KB, 275x343) Image search: [Google]
1442773432484.jpg
17 KB, 275x343
>>1320846
You don't even understand what this is, do you?
>>
When the hacker offers extremely high fees (eg. $1000 per transaction) lets see how that works out.

This is what is called a dilemma, whatever the eth community does it will be bad.
Dont soft fork, 1000s of neckbeards will rage against eth for years.
Soft fork, eth as a neutral, incorruptible financial base system loses all credibility.

Divest is the only reasonable strategy unless you are a high volatilty gambler.
>>
>>1320952
>1000s of neckbeards will rage against eth for years
not that big of an issue it could go down in history as the end of bailouts and a financial maturity of mankind
>>
>>1320841
what will forking do to ETH prices?
>>
>>1320987
it will prolly fork them m8
>>
>>1320846
>ETHcucks on lifesupport!

I can't believe they were forced into branching their tech already... what a clusterfuck of a mess.

On the other hand...

BUY ETHERIUM NOW!!

Or specifically, please buy the coins I have before this becomes worthless... please?
>>
>>1320985

Until it gets hacked again
>>
>>1321130
ETH was never hacked in the first place.
>>
>>1320987

Miners will most likely vote to get rid of the DAO ether to drive the price up. No one will give tokens back to DAO holders just to be nice because that will flood the market. Miners still holding dao will just take the loss and bump up eth prices
>>
>>1321261
I didn't ask what will happen, I asked what would happen to the prices if they fork.

also
>Miners will most likely vote to get rid of the DAO ether
you are probably wrong, see:
http://ethermine.org/stats/votes
>>
File: 08_27131459_96bffe_2321571a.jpg (203 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
08_27131459_96bffe_2321571a.jpg
203 KB, 1200x1200
heres the "hacker": http://trilema.com/2016/to-the-dao-and-the-ethereum-community-fuck-you/

basically ETH is done, should have gone XMR
>>
the good news is you have 27 days to get out with something and invest in some coins not based on hot air
>>
>>1320841
noforkers hehehe
>>
File: timetostop.gif (842 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
timetostop.gif
842 KB, 480x270
>>1321271
>price has been steady at $12 for two days now
>ETH is done

Nocoiners...
>>
>>1321280
14$ by tomorrow
>>
>>1321271
>a balding neckbeard stole 50M in autismo coins
>people still think this is actually a viable 'curreny'

lmao
>>
Get your buy orders ready, fellas.

There's an easy fix being talked about:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4ouiyx/vitalik_please_make_a_proposal_to_the_dao_to_move/
>>
>tfw sold at 0.026 and bought back in at 0.013
>>
>>1321460
well done, but maybe you should have waited some and bought back at 0.00002
>>
>>1320952
BTC did a soft fork as well dumb fuck
>>
There is literally nothing guaranteeing that the value of eth will rise, and still plenty of reason for ongoing selloffs and instability.
>>
Just seen this linked in polonix, another twist in this endless DAO saga, incoming shit storm I feel if Vitalik or other devs are involved in this fucking mess

pastebin.com/sF2CqBJH
>>
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/exclusive-full-interview-transcript-alleged-dao-attacker/

" Hackers " are going to offer miners a million eth and some btc to mine their loot transactions.
>>
>>1321474
BTC never did any forks over money being stolen.

Satoshi never came out in panic asking exchanges to stop trading BTC to stop panic sellers.

ETH is fucked, alts are fucked, BTC is your god. Sell everything for BTC. Last chance.
>>
>>1321521
Weak ass scam
>>
>>1321524
alts arent fucked they are pumping like crazy as people flee eth, just look at nxt, nem, monero, sia as an example.
>>
>>1321524
>>1320841

btc/trump are the only ones where i haven't seen this nonsense
>>
>>1321547
That's because no one outside of /biz/ gives a fuck about trumpcoin.
>>
>>1321521

"vested interests"

lmao inb4 that russian addict was planning to buy kgs of heroin with split moneys. eth, what a fucking retardcoin.
>>
>>1321261
>>1321263
>>1318601
>>
>>1321549

No one will give a fuck about eth and other shitcoins

I'll stick with my bitcoin
>>
>millions of dollars get stolen from investors
>you have the chance to make it right and get the victims their money back
>choose not to

Lel
>>
>>1321681
*steal the money back
>>
>>1321686
What are you talking about swineboi? They are stoping a theft from being made, what kind of nigger tier reasoning are you using to say dat?
>>
>>1321727
It was not a theft, but just a bad deal (Kek bless Trump) from DAO's side. DAO and the Ethereum devs are the real criminals. They are the ones trying to break and dissolve a contract that was promised to be uncompromissable.
>>
>>1321278
lol I know right
>>
based trumpcoin, no forking around
>>
>>1321900
There's a joke in here about Americans and "no forks" , but in all seriousness how based in TrumpCoin?

If you haven't gotten in yet, pls join us biz lads, I love my senpai lam and want us all to make it
>>
File: Average hard fork opposer .jpg (62 KB, 517x610) Image search: [Google]
Average hard fork opposer .jpg
62 KB, 517x610
>>1320985
KEK, autistic idealist strikes again
>>
>>1321739

I have no proof other than the old archive posts, but I said months ago, when Vit sold at least 30% of his stake in eth, that there was going to be another way too convenient "hack" somewhere in the eth/dao system.

The fact that many just want to quite one of the largest crowd funding projects is just odd.
>>
Daily reminder of official tier ranking

>Patrician tier
Trumpcoin
Coexist Btc

>sleepy but safe tier (never be rich)
dgb
litecoin

>pajeet tier
Dao
eth
list
sia
>>
File: rope.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rope.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>1320952
>When the hacker offers extremely high fees (eg. $1000 per transaction) lets see how that works out.

I would love this to happen. Smart contracts existing in lawless vacuum would finally show capitalism's true colors.
>>
File: ImageCorp_20160620005308.jpg (125 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
ImageCorp_20160620005308.jpg
125 KB, 800x564
WEW LAD

Looks like there's no community division after all.its over guys, time to close your shorts
>>
Miners are only going to support the soft fork which blocks stolen funds, not the hard fork which gives back retards that invested in dao so they can sell and drive down the price
>>
>>1322409
Except the soft-fork also involves returning the Eth currently held in the DAO minus the stolen Eth and then the DAO being shut down.

So my understanding is all DAO token holders will be able to withdraw Eth from a new contract but at a reduced ratio. Most likely something around 65:1 when you factor in the stolen eth.

Right now you can buy DAO tokens at nearly 1/3rd the original which is an amazing opportunity to potentially pickup some really cheap Eth via the soft fork and DAO shut down.
>>
>>1322384

Will it go even lower? I might catch the next spike.
>>
>>1322417
wrong thats what the 2nd hard fork is for
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7796/dao-soft-fork-voting-on-ethpool-ethermine
More funds are going to get drained anyways so holding dao tokens is very risky
>>
Can someone explain what this fork even is? I thought the idea was to take the money "stolen" through the Dao manipulation (which is purely the fault of the Dao structure and shouldn't be considered stealing if you think about it) and reverse time so that it didn't happen, but after researching and asking around, the answers I've gotten seem so fucking retarded that I can't believe that they're actually the right answers. So for the love of God can someone give me the 'slightly smarter than idiot' level explanation of it?
>>
>>1322452
When nodes in the network disagree on what the transactions in a blockchain are, there is a "fork." The "actual" blockchain is the consensus blockchain, which most of the network agrees on (specifically, the consensus blockchain is whatever the most people agree on). So they'd basically roll out a blockchain with that transaction wiped (or all of them after that, I don't know, fuck ethereum) and because clearly the network will accept it (as the voting indicates), that will be the official ethereum blockchain where transactions of value will happen. Everyone who doesn't accept the new blockchain will be cut out of the network basically. They will not be able to accept the new blockchain without updating. See: hard fork
>>
>>1322469
That's what I thought. Seems like I wasn't wrong about how fucking retarded the fork is. Regardless of whether or not it happens, I don't see a future for Ethereum anyways. Uneducated people won't adopt it because it doesn't seem safe anymore and it never will, and that breaks it. Those people are what makes a coin explode and become both viable and valuable. /biz/ browsers only have a small temporary effect on coin prices in the long run.
>>
>>1322521
>Uneducated
With the right PR, the plebs will eat anything. Ethereum might still have a second chance, but if they fuck up after this one...oh boy
>>
>>1322521
And I agree with you. It'll probably increase anyway because shilling and hope, but I'm not putting anything into it. Think most smart people feel that way, unless they really believe in it. And then good for them, hope it works out well. But probably not.
>>
>>1322574
Smart people do not "invest" in coins. At least not for the moment. Still waiting the moment where the public for the cryptos switch from the euphorics and the curious speculators to a more mainstream crowd. The cryptos themselves and the tools to operate them are still too obscure 4 plebians. Fortunatly (or not) bigger players develop their own blockchains (is there an insider willing to tell us what financial institutions want to achieve with developping their own cryptos?)
>>
buy nem and nxt
dump this failed project now
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.