[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can I get away with lying about how long I worked at places on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: scum.png (84 KB, 443x287) Image search: [Google]
scum.png
84 KB, 443x287
can I get away with lying about how long I worked at places on apps/my resume? would this show up on background checks?
>>
>>1319036
>if you won't have sex with someone because you are unattracted to them then you are scum

Uhm ok?
>>
Yes it would. They call and ask your former boss.
>>
>>1319036
>>1319063
No it wouldn't.

Lie away, worst case scenario - They don't hire you when they check your references, but they weren't going to anyway so it's not any loss.

It's not illegal to lie on your resume, it's only illegal to lie about your education or some sort of license (like a medical, law, et cetera license).
>>
>>1319063
how far back would they go? my current job is pretty respectable since I got promoted to management and my boss likes me (until he finds out I'm going to leave)

I just had a lot of short gas station/fast food/under the table gigs going on and I'm pretty sure that's what holds me back
>>
>>1319078
They can't check it dude

It's also illegal for your employer to say anything about you as a person other than when you started and finished working there and your responsibilities.

Lie away bro, especially about how long you've worked somewhere. People lie about that shit more often than they tell the truth.
>>
>>1319036
Don't worry. Unless your not comfortable with lying. Just put down your friends number, he can say he ran his business to the ground. The most common mistake people make is telling too small a lie, go big or gtfo off biz and be poor some where else
>>
>>1319063

> Implying anyone ever calls references
>>
>>1319036
Depends on the company. Most places have become a lot more stringent on background checks in recent years.
>>
>>1319082
It may be illegal but trying proving it.

>>1319955
Some do. But I've found the places most concerned about references have been some of the dumpiest places to work. That in turn makes it dicey when you quit or get fired, because the turnover destroys any references you might've had.
>>
>>1319078
Just don't put those on your resume, or group them together into one larger block. No one cares about your work experience outside of the field you are going for.

Say you are applying to be a webdev. I don't give a shit about the time you worked as a starbucks cuck.
>>
>>1319036

HR here. Why would you lie on something we can validate so easily? And yes, it shows up very easily.

On the other hand, everybody should apply to every job under the race "African American."

You'll find that you'll get TONNES of more responses, interviews, and opportunities due to government quotas.

But, In my 22 years in HR, we've never, ever forced someone to verify their Race. We can't even inform the hiring manager if someone is a quota hire. Hiring managers will never ask about your race.

Validating someone's race is just begging for lawsuits right there.
>>
>>1319070
>>1319078
>>1319955

If you're interviewing for a decent job, the background check is external. This means that the people doing it are getting paid to verify your resume and yes that involves references.
>>
>>1319036
>what are references
>>
>>1320753
So, you're saying that I won't actually be asked why I put African American as my ethnicity when I'm a pasty white guy?
>>
File: 1466208908503s.jpg (2 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1466208908503s.jpg
2 KB, 125x124
>>1320753
Like they won't fuckin check what color your fuckin skin is when they look at you? Are you motherfucking joking with me??
>>
File: carl.jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
39 KB, 600x615
>>1320825
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.