[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did i fall for the Econ major meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1444277036131.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1444277036131.png
73 KB, 454x453
Did i fall for the Econ major meme?
>>
>>1319012
what majors aren't a meme?
>>
>>1319030
what memes aren't major?
>>
>>1319030
>>1319030
I guess engineering and CS isnt considered a meme here
>>
Pls respond, i need anonymous users on a malaysian tiger molesting forum to validate my life choices
>>
>>1319247
CS is certainly a meme due to saturation.
Electronic Engineering, Math, and Physics will probably never reach meme-tier because they're intrinsic pleb killers.
>>
Econ really is a meme. I got a degree three years ago at an ungodly young age with a fairly high GPA and had fucking shit in terms of employment prospects out of school, although part of that was my own fault.

It's a jack of all trades, master of none degree. Which, in a highly specialized economy, means its not worth much. You want to work business? Go get a Finance or Business Administration degree. You want to do economic modeling and forecasting? Well since you really can't even do that without a graduate-level econ education that will force you to learn high level math and statistics, you might as well just say fuck it and go get a general math or statistics degree to get that out of the way now and save yourself some time. You just want a boring, clear-cut job in an officer where you top out at $70k? Accounting's the path for you.

There is no end with an Econ degree that could not be better served by getting a different degree more relevant to your goal.
>>
>>1319483
>top out at 70k

u wot mate? I've just made senior at a big 4 firm after 2 years and I'm on 73k...
>>
>>1319483
Just fuck my life up then i guess. Everywhere I look Econ is around top 10 in best major list with around 80k average salary or whatever. What gives?
>>
https://cew.georgetown.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Unemployment.Final_.update1.pdf

http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-majors-figure-big-in-earnings-1430971261

"the Brookings Institution’s Hamilton Project found last fall that lifetime earnings for economics majors at the 90th percentile are nearly triple those at the 10th, reflecting the range of destinations for such experts in government and the private sector."

Do some research, don't listen to these failures. Get an internship, keep decent grades, stay away from academia, and you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.