[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How late it too late to go back to university?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1462192830172.jpg (75 KB, 579x518) Image search: [Google]
1462192830172.jpg
75 KB, 579x518
I took a few years off and will turn 22 at the end of the year, is it too late to go back and get a degree in law/ commerce ( 5 years) ?
>>
If you're thinking of doing law you better do more research on this topic. In general the opinion is that law degrees are not worth doing.

Search for:

Was law school worth it? Only 20% of recent grads strongly agree, pilot study says

Law school is either a great or terrible investment — here’s a simple way to tell if it’s right for you

If you think that you've wasted alot of time but wish to earn pretty decent amount of money while not doing full time degree you may want to look into software coding. You'll basically need to do self learning and stuff like frameworks. Sites like coursera, edx, udacity, khan etc have alot of free courses, including advanced things like machine learning, big data etc.

If you were to go to college/Uni to study, you'll be spending a lot money and most likely a lot of the things u studied will not be applied in real life.. unless u study at Ivy League levels where their syllabus would be very comprehensive. Of course colleges also have their benefits, such as networking and building friendships etc. But remember, u should also calculate your lost opportunity/opportunity cost and judge yourself if it is worth your time/money or not.
>>
Hey OP go find someone studying for the Bar and try and have a conversation with that "person". That is your future
>>
>>1317820
i'm 22 and am gonna graduate at the age 26 in mech. eng because my shitty professors from my shitty public school in my shithole country had 2 strikes of over 4 months during my highschool and i lost 2 years

my father went into medicine at age 22, 6 years course + 2 years specialization, today he get's 25+k a month

it's never too late

but like >>1317878
>>1317880
said, go see if that's what you really want, because 5 years is a lot to waste
>>
>>1317820

Law really is only worth it if you are willing and able to go balls to the wall and graduate top 10%.

STEM is the go-to safe path for the people who lack confidence and belief in their ability to acquire valuable skills on their own.

Starting your own business is the high risk high reward path for people who have high confidence and believe in their ability to acquire valuable skills on their own.

This is what I believe as well as what I've picked up as /biz/-consensus over the years browsing this place.

22 is not too late for anything.
>>
I'm going to have my master's degree with 25 next year. Plus no costs for studying here.
>>
>>1317878
Other than being riddled with grammatical mistakes, your point was inherently flaw, logically.
>>
I tried and failed to start a website design business. Just not enough people who are looking for that in my insular little city. Didn't have much success trying to do work over the Internet either. I did make enough money to put myself through college though.

I'm 24 and going in the fall in a major city in the US. Is it too late? I mean, to get a degree? No, definitely not. I don't understand why people have such youth centric views about college holding them back from attending during their later twenties.

Is it too late for me to enjoy the nightlife on campus? I feel like it'd be a little pathetic to do so, and that's not the reason I'm going. If I feel like going out, I'm sure the downtown bars will be full of people my age looking to rage.
>>
>>1317820
No, I'm 25.
I have one year left of my undergraduate, and I'm seriously considering graduate school after.

My advice to you--is disregard your peers' attitudes and beliefs on the subject, and pursue your own endeavors.
Hell, if I were a thinking man, I'd tell you to ditch your friends, and be absolute.
>>
OP here, thanks guys!
I have actually done all of the research and should elaborate more. I have run my own business and worked on many projects, but when I commit to it I will see it though. Without proper breaks I can bread down the degree to 3 and a half years as well as work full time . It may be a lot but I feel I can do it!.

All I have to do is write a statement of intend for admission, any tips?

thanks /biz!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.