[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I major in Accounting or Software Development, (Cs)? Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images-9.jpg (8 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
8 KB, 194x260
Should I major in Accounting or Software Development, (Cs)? Which one is a better and stable career?
>>
>>1317585
accounting definitely more stable, although it is extremely tedious
>>
>>1317585
Accounting
>If you wanna be a stable cuck
>>
>>1317589
>>1317592
Which one has the higher pay?
>>
>>1317598
http://www.bls.gov/

use this site if you are ever wondering the pay of an occupation, just search the occupation in the search bar
>>
>>1317602
I'm from the UK bro
>>
Someone doing software here. Accounting is definitely more stable job. Look, the things that you learn will not change in major ways in say 10 or 20 years down the road. And also, the longer you stay with a company, the more valuable u become as u know more and more of the company's dirty accounting secrets.

Software/CS probably has higher pay, but u need to know that the things that u learn now.. probably has 0 intrinsic value after maybe 2 or 3 years later. And you need to relearn new things again. Sure, you'll be fine if you're still young, but once u get older u will realize this is something hard. And you're gonna compete with those young kids at that stage which are probably using some unknown tech 10 years later. My time, I learned about C++ and stuff like J2ME. C++ - now mostly replaced with more modern ones like C#, Ruby etc, J2ME - replaced with Android, iOS.

If you're in accounting, you may have better chances of meeting business and money related people, which is great for networking. Software? Probably more nerds and weirdos. Of course now there's a lot of hype on building on your next billion dollar startup, but u also need to know what are your chances of achieving that. Btw u also don't need to be technical if u want to really do it anyway.

Accounting may be boring (but I think it's not easy to pass bodies like ACCA) but CS demands heavy thinking and logical skills which can tire you easily. Also u probably need to do things like bug fixing which requires u to spend considerable time if project is big or code is complicated.

If you're thinking of earning megabucks then probably u'll need to be more focused on finance side and join investment banks. As usual. doing sales will most likely net u the most profit if you're good. But IB working hours are really crazy and basically you'll have to sacrifice your 20s so that u may have the chance of earning 7 figures in late 30s or something.
>>
Accountants who can program make fucking bank. Major in accounting and study vba and sql on your own.
>>
If I'm doing CS, and learn some accounting on the side myself, are there very good positions I can get which are a combination of both?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.