[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I break in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.jpg (94 KB, 929x821) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
94 KB, 929x821
Look at this smug cunt, reads almost like satire. Honestly I'm just mad jealous I'm second year already and have none of these things to show so far.

Also does /biz/ even have any monkeys/not losers? Mostly post to WSO for this sort of shit but wanted to get an idea of the general demographics here too.
>>
>>1317400
>tfw 4th year and nothing to show
>tfw 2.9 GPA

At least I go to a top college and will probably find a job anyways.
>>
>>1317408
Same target in my country, but average af GPA and nothing else to show. But going to queens on exchange, any Canada fags got tips? Want to leverage/lie about my uni life so far to make a bit of a fresh start.
>>
>>1317400
i don't really get the US educational system.
how long does college take?
how old are you or that clown?
>>
>>1317464
I'm Australian, 3 years here. 4 in Canada pretty sure
>>
Yo so any actual IB people on here? Or is it just all meme investors?
>>
>>1317468
and you can enter college right after highschool?
which means you can finish college at 21, theoretically.
>>
>>1317476
Yep, but most plebs end up having to stretch the degree with exchange and honours and diplomas and shit to be able to land a job. Only the top tier dedicated cunts who knew what they were doing from the start and didn't fuck around finish in 3 years with a decent job.
>>
>>1317472
I am a shity P/E analyst does that count?
>>
>>1317481
Hells yeah, doesn't everyone want to end up on the buy side in PE/HFs anyway? Or are analysts not as prestigious? Did you get recruited straight from college?
>>
>>1317477
sounds reasonable.
3 years is not really much to get a decent knowledge.
might be different in finance maybe
>>
>>1317500
Don't need that much knowledge anyway though. A lot of it is taught as you go. And my M&A mates tell me a lot of what they do is grunt work, pumping out models and pitchbooks
>>
>>1317481
Also gonna bombard you a bit, if you can be fucked. How did you break in? PE culture seems like a good fit, don't you need IB experience? Am thinking of going into ER too first, but worried about exit-ops and the general narrow exposure it gives.
>>
>>1317496
When I said shitty, I meant shitty. The firm I work will has about a 15mill NAV. We do VC and turn around stuff. We acquire companies for free taking equity half the company for free and then any money we put into it goes into debt. The companies we acquire have no other choice; it’s us or no one.

The job pays well but I wouldn't call it prestigious, at least not where I work. I would say it's interesting as every deal is different and needs to be structured and evaluated differently.

I leveraged a few connections to get in. Still in college, I'm in my second year. I have honestly never gotten a job through applying.

What does HF stand for?

I had a job selling mutual funds before. Sell side sucks ass and they will literally hire anyone. You don't even have to know anything about finance you just need to be a horrible person, like a used car sales man. You know the product is shit but if the DSC's and MER's are high enough you sell it anyway.
>>
>>1317400
I take some solace in the fact that's he pretty ugly.
>>
>>1317400
>Look at this smug cunt, reads almost like satire. Honestly I'm just mad jealous I'm second year already and have none of these things to show so far.

Chances are it's all made up:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11142967
>>
>>1317526
Haha okay fair, I was thinking Blackstone or KKR. But shit that's still cool, VC seems the most exciting even if it's small cap. Plus that experience will looks amazing when you're out, most kids will only have college shit to show.

HF is hedge funds.

Can I ask where you're based? How did you leverage connections? Did you actively network or just people you know? I don't think I have it in me to suck cock to network, but apparently that's a viable option in the US?
>>
>>1317538
>tfw you actually know keen bean kids like that
Feel inferior as fuck.
>>
>>1317559
Investing in knee pads is the only meme that actually works. You need to do so much corporate cock sucking and you need to look good while doing it too. Also make sure you look like you're throughly enjoying it.

Based in North America. I had family connections, so I just asked to be introduced and went for beers with them.

It's never about what you know, it's all about whos dick you have in your mouth.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.