[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> http://coinjournal.net/dao-gets-hac ked-hardfork-come/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Snip20160618_1.png (20 KB, 282x109) Image search: [Google]
Snip20160618_1.png
20 KB, 282x109
> http://coinjournal.net/dao-gets-hacked-hardfork-come/

Can someone explain this shit to me in layman's terms?
>>
shit's fucked, only safe haven is trumpcoin
>>
>>1317369
buy the dip
>>
People put millions into a digital contract without extensively auditing the code.
Yes they are stupid.
Ether will crash.
>>
>buy meme coins
>get shoah'd

All is right with the world.
>>
>>1317369
>Poorly coded DAO
>Exploit allowed ether to be drained into a child dao controlled by the attacker.
>Child dao locked for 30 days by default
>Miners will agree to remove the illegal transaction.
>Consensus based blockchain working as desired.
>Nocoiners stir shit pretending its the end of the world.

Right now is a prime opportunity to buy ether for cents on the dollar. Using DAO as a conduit.
>>
>>1317419
you forgot the creator of ETH wanted to hard fork which defeats the point of ETH in the first place.

>Build unstoppable applications
>unless we decide to stop them
>>
>>1317514
It's called consensus you foolish child.

The groundbreaking invention of blockchain is distributed consensus.

Hey doesn't have some magic key.
>>
>>1317369
I'll explain it to in one term: BTFO
>>
Isnt this the obvious problem everyone was pointing out before this DAO shit came out? Unless you can read code you have no idea what the fuck is in the conteact you are signing. The whole idea is shit desu
>>
>someone exploits the DAO and siphons millions of dollars of Eth out.
>hours before someone puts a 3000 BTC Eth short up
>address that the Eth was being siphoned to gets locked out
>all hell breaks loose as everyone speculates regarding the soft/hard fork
>doesn't matter because a million dollars was made shorting Eth just prior to the hack anyway

Y'all got played. Right now what you have is a buy opportunity that didnt exist a day ago. Only people losing money are the same weak hands that panic during every pump-n-dump event.
>>
>>1317419
>Miners will agree to remove the illegal transaction
this is what would make me pull all assets out off that fucking thing
if miners can decide this then it's game over even if it feels just who made them world police?
>>
>>1317614
well the future generation will not be an "analphabet" in this regard the dinosaurs will give way to the mammals.
i still think this eth and dao thing is self serving and a generally shitty idea. but we will see.
>>
PREDICTIONS:
>soft fork and hard fork go ahead
>price drops
>people get their ETH back
>they start selling it for BTC to get out while they can
>ETH dies
>>
>>1317639
Sounds like you don't understand the basic tenants of cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
>pull all my assets.
Perhaps a good idea; until you get a more firm understanding of the subject.
>>
>>1317655
good thing we have such retards as you in the world :)
>>
What does DAO mean, for an inept retard like me to understand?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.