[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i'm new and in that wolf of wall street movie they say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: .jpg (37 KB, 967x725) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
37 KB, 967x725
So i'm new and in that wolf of wall street movie they say rich people don't buy penny stocks but I come here and the shit you guys buy is like >10 dollars... what do rich people buy because anything >10 is penny stocks i thought.
>>
>>1316832
People on this board who buy stocks in the Robin Hood general threads aren't rich, they're the poor faggots Jordan was talking about.
>>
File: wat.jpg (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
47 KB, 250x250
wat.
>>
>>1316832
>they say rich people don't buy penny stocks but I come here

What's your point?

No one here is rich, and if they were they left a while back. This board is shit and has nothing useful that you can't find from other financial forums, investopedia or financial wikis. Once every 1000-2000 shitposts there will be an original and humerous thread, or a good piece of advice - usually posted by Li Sheng or iHaz, beyond that this is a useless board only used for passing the time and occasional humor which has in recent times deprecated significantly.
>>
>>1316837
i meant less than 10 dollar i fucked up the signs mate
>>
>>1316836
Pretty much what this guy is saying. Sure I make money on stocks all the time, but my 1% earned today on my 1000$ put in is cool 10 bucks, but it's nothing compared to a guy who makes 1% on 100,000$ which is a 1000$ that day made.
>>
>>1316832
>anything >10 is penny stock
Kek m8
Anything <3$
>>
>>1316832
>I come here and the shit you guys buy is like 10 dollars
What, the crap getting shilled?
Who says you have to buy any of that shit?
I've come to /biz/ for years, and never bought a single stock pumped here.
>>
>>1316832

Well no person with any sense puts a LOT of money on penny stocks.

You put your big money on solid stocks that trade around 100.

But smart plays on stocks under 3$ are fine for small amounts. If you do well you can quickly multiply a small sum of money. Plenty of people saw the MGT training coming and multiplied their money.

I think Belfort was convincing idiots to put their life savings on penny stocks.
>>
Most Smart money doesn't trade stocks until they have to. Futures, Indices, options.
>>
>>1316832
First off stock price means relatively little except for volatility and the quality of the investor that holds.

When I buy stocks I care about if they are cheap relative to there market cap and I don't care where I buy them or which market cap they're in as long as I can trust the financial.

Typically I have to wait for a long time for something to happen which could take years as I mostly invest in asset plays. But biz sometimes provides a catalyst for my penny stocks sometimes.
>>
>listening to Jordan Belford

How's your day here?
>>
OP can not write. He splits his infinitives.
>>
>>1317653
English teacher reporting in.

I split infinitives all the time. It's mostly for the lulz because it pisses everyone off. (Dat super dry English teacher humor!) But there are times when moving the modifier to the outside of the infinitive actually results in greater ambiguity and awkwardness.

A lot of what you were taught in school by your English teachers was wrong. Basically any rule you learned that began either with "never" or "always" is probably wrong.

>never split an infinitive
>never end a sentence with a preposition
>never start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction
>always use the oxford comma
>etc.
>>
>>1317653
>>1317832
how did i fuck up besides the greater than signs
>>
>>1316832
I made 100% on some stock tips about penny stocks here on /biz (e.g. GXY), but those are 1 in 1000 shitposts, also you have to be able to understand it yourself, everything else is just speculating, so you may aswell buy cryptos.
>>
>>1317845
Beats me! I don't grammar nazi online. I understood what you meant, and that's good enough for me. My English teacher powers rarely extend beyond the confines of a classroom. I mean, they could, but then I'd be a real unlikable cunt.
>>
>>1316832
You get knowledge from movies? You are the one he laughs about.
>>
Every time I come to this board it's always asking how one can get rich on eBay.

Slow board as well. Not great.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.