[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Useful skills.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: illuminatty.png (49 KB, 473x247) Image search: [Google]
illuminatty.png
49 KB, 473x247
Sup /Biz/. I'm studying electrical engineering at the moment and I've realized there's a million things they don't teach us in college that are really important to know. What are some skills/ good practices that are important for any student going into business to know?
>>
Bump because not sure how slow Biz normally is.
>>
sucking dick
>>
>>1315487
Nice meme feget.
>>
>>1315471
Engineer here,
What seems to be the problem?
>>
>>1315524
I'm just looking for some extra advice as to things I can do that will make me more employable that they might not teach us in college.
>>
>>1315539
I wouldn't stress about it too much.
They'll teach you thermodynamics and circuits,
then when you come into whichever job you want,
they'll retrain you.
Same was for me leaving school.
I knew the formulas and knew nothing about
architectural symbols or designing plumbing systems.
They had to teach me 75% of the job.
>>
Working with people. It's really cheesy but be a leader in whatever you do. The technical knowledge will come with time, but you'll stand out from the crowd if you led/started a student group and did tangible, quantifiable things. A good question to ask yourself: "is what I'm doing making an impact on the life of my peers?" Writing a resume will come really easy if you focus on making an impact rather than amassing random skills. I was an EE undergrad and wish I got this advice sooner.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.