[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dividends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 2015-08-21 12.39.36.png (2 MB, 1380x885) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-21 12.39.36.png
2 MB, 1380x885
I'm new to /biz/ and I'm looking to know what it would take to make 2-4k quarterly from stock dividends. Pic obviously unrelated
>>
>>1312844
5 or 6 blocks of Apple would make you about 3K quarterly.
>>
>>1312844
Self bump
>>
>>1312909
And how much would that cost?
>>
>>1312929
Half a mil, give or take.
>>
File: tumblr_nd9iicOY1V1r5pvj3o1_500.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd9iicOY1V1r5pvj3o1_500.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
>>1312844
Only benefit you might get out of dividends is tax benefits which are only necessary if you live off your investments and need cash. In fact, high dividend paying stocks underperform no dividend paying stocks. Only in market crash years high dividend paying stocks are outperforming historically. And what's even more funny the higher the dividend the lower the next year return of the stock is on average.
>>
>>1312929
You could pick a stock with a higher dividend, or a lower price, thereby reducing the costs somewhat. You might be able to get the same percentage with a stock that's half the cost.
However, higher % dividends almost certainly mean more risk. That's why mining companies and Greek banks have such high dividends.
>>
You're gonna need some nice volume and cash

That's why people like Warren buffet can just live off dividends from apple coke etc
>>
File: image.png (429 KB, 1125x2001) Image search: [Google]
image.png
429 KB, 1125x2001
:^)
>>
>>1312963
>Only benefit you might get out of dividends is tax benefits
Dividend stocks are horribly tax-inefficient, moron. It's literally the worst asset class a young investor could pick.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.