[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Trump would be richer if he invested in index funds Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
>Trump would be richer if he invested in index funds

Is there truth to this claim? Can it be said that Trump has more business failures that successes in that case?
>>
Not true.
>>
>>1312747
Its true if you pretend he recieved all of his dad's money at once in the 80s, instantly liquidated the company he helped his dad build, and then lived in a cardboard box and didn't spend any money and didn't live a life of luxury and didn't go through 2 costly divorces. Other than that yeah he would have made more money in the indexes
>>
>>1312747
Yes, but it takes lots of money to build a luxury hotel business..by doing so he has invested in his families future for generations to come
>>
Sp500 has grown 2,800%

28 times 100m is 2.8b

Trump is 4.5b

So even if trump sold fucking everything and went all in, hed not make as much money as going all in on gentrificatiom during 80s qnd 90s
>>
What if he invested in a REIT fund instead of doing it himself?
>>
>>1312747
If he used Robinhood, he would have made so much more.
>>
File: tsekem.jpg (393 KB, 600x1036) Image search: [Google]
tsekem.jpg
393 KB, 600x1036
>>1312747
>>Trump would be richer if he invested in index funds

No. In 60's and even in the 70's the same kind index funds we have nowadays didn't even exist so indexing was not even an option. Secondly what i've seen the presented net retruns of claimed indexing are not even close to your real returns including the taxes, high indexing costs for the high capital he has etc.
>>
>>1312973
With that he actually wouldve made more money.

Although with the geopolitical conditions, going all in on the sp500 before 91 was considered top yolo, so its not like it was an obvious answer
>>
>>1312747
He would have had less fun though.
>>
>>1313124
>With that he actually wouldve made more money
Are you actually this retarded? No wonder you like Trump. Literally too stupid to know better.
>>
He should have just invested in TRUMPCOIN...
>>
>investing a million dollars in an index fund when they're brand new financial instruments
>not being able to live off of your earnings
>some years, don't earn anything and even lose money
>illiquid assets
>name is not on anything
>this criticism coming from people who don't know what IRA stands for

fucking retards, the lot of them
>>
/pol/ did the math one time, i mgiht have the image still around. essentially, trump's hypothetical index funds would have had to earn around 24% annually for that claim to be true.

this is accounting for his father's death
>>
File: trump net worth explained.png (92 KB, 717x655) Image search: [Google]
trump net worth explained.png
92 KB, 717x655
>>1313341
ah, here it is
>>
File: 1465999348410.jpg (3 KB, 209x140) Image search: [Google]
1465999348410.jpg
3 KB, 209x140
>>1312747
Trump took a $9.6m from his dad at "the start of his career"
Trump is a lazy piece of shit so he probably started his career at 30 (1976)
If he dumped that $9.6m into the S&P500 he would have around $19.5B this year.
So yes, trump is a shit /biz/iness man.
>>
File: 1465999394180.jpg (6 KB, 209x187) Image search: [Google]
1465999394180.jpg
6 KB, 209x187
>>
File: 1465999374899.jpg (5 KB, 209x187) Image search: [Google]
1465999374899.jpg
5 KB, 209x187
>>
>>1313305
>people who don't know what IRA stands for
I do, they're shit investments.
I tried to take all my money out, and they said I had to pay taxes on it and a fee!!!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.