[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Shit job that I'm going to after college > $34,700
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-09-16-20-58-32.png (256 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-16-20-58-32.png
256 KB, 720x1280
> Shit job that I'm going to after college
> $34,700 salary
> Cost of living is low
> Can maybe bullshit my way through
> Week #2 they say going to hourly
> $16.75/hr
> Probably will have to do full 40 hrs now
What the fuck? Is this good or bad? The overtime pay is $25/hr but honestly I really didn't want to work hard. What the fuck do I do? Will this affect me?
>>
>>1306934
>shit job

Are you trolling? This is a perfectly decent job after college.
>>
Welcome to the American Dream. Blame your parents for not preparing you.
>>
>>1306954
I have to help families stay together peacefully or take away their kid by order of the courts, so they fucking hate me, and they beat their kids which means I'm on call 24/7 for the 6-12 families I'm working with at a time. It's not a shift on call either. Always me. I get nothing for being on call because it's "a big portion of my job".

Also they live in disgusting bug ridden houses where I have to spend my time 25 hours per week.
>>
>>1306979
That sounds like not nearly enough money for a job where you're on call 24/7. Where do you live? What is your degree in? I've got to think you can find something better than this.
>>
>>1307020
Bachelor of Science in I/O Psychology. I know SPSS and some other statistical software.

Also they drug test ALL the time. I just want a Statistics/Research Analyst job that's 9-5 40k a year. I'm not asking for the world.
>>
>>1307031
Are you in the US? I thought it was supposed to be a pretty decent economy for college grads now. Why would you take such a shitty job?
>>
Wow you guys make some shit money for having a degree.

Is the US a shit hole?
>>
>>1307186
Honestly just because I couldn't find anything better, I graduated less than a month ago and said yes to my first offer.

>>1307211
The problem is everyone in America has a degree now, so you need a Masters/PhD to get the good jobs
>>
>>1307315
Or you just don't take psychology in college (unless you're committed to getting a phd), dummy.

I mean I'm only an MIS grad and I get 50k right out of college and do less work than I did while studying garbage I've never yet used.
>>
>>1307211

The BA/BS is the new High School Diploma
>>
Based on a 40 hour work week you got an annual raise of 140$.

What state are you in? The overtime laws in your state may be extra favorable for you. Working (non exempt) hourly is the best until you find a salary job that pays extremely well.
>>
>>1307455
THIS
>>
>>1307211
Have Finance degree, I get turned down for teller jobs. Make my money at a photography business and selling toys on ebay. :(
>>
>>1307437
I want to, and will, but I'm taking a year to pay off debts.
>>1307476
Nebraska. Reasonable cost of living, especially with no car payment, but I rather not be lifeless for a year.
>>
>>1306979
I thought you're paid for whenever you're on call. How are you going to track your hours otherwise?

>>1307315
>you need a Masters/PhD to get the good jobs
Unfortunately this seems to be true
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.